“Gorgeous hotel with a personal touch and prime location”

Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia
Ranked #4 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersGold level
Stockholm
“Gorgeous hotel with a personal touch and prime location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed at the Sofitel in Bogotá twice; first in October 2013 and now at the end of Februrary 2014.

I must say it is one of the most pleasant hotels I have ever stayed at. Everything from the interior design and the ambiance to the food and the wonderfully nice staff, makes me happy to have picked it for a second time. Even the hotel’s trademark smell (they seem to use the same one in several countries) was something nice to remember, haha.

This second time we stayed in the suites and in a double room, for a total of 10 days. The rooms are in excellent shape and the shower is impeccable, if you ask me. And I’m particularly picky about the bathroom area. That area (outside the shower) is also without a carpet (stone floor instead), which is nice.

The beds are comfortable, good wifi (good enough for skyping), prompt room-service, and nice touches toward the evening with housekeeping dropping off water, chocolates and such. One can hear a bit of traffic, but from the 7th and 8th floor that didn’t bother me.

The hotel, half an hour away from the airport, couldn’t have been better situated for us: It is in the so called T-zone, where there’s a lot of shopping and restaurants. Also, in the other direction about five minutes away, there’s a park with several playgrounds for kids – excellent for us since we have a baby eager to discover his surroundings. The area is completely safe to walk around in, at least during daytime. But since there are several restaurants in the same block, one can still walk to one of those in the evening. But make sure to have at least your breakfast at the hotel, as it is delicious. Not a huge buffet, but several nice things and among them lots of local fruits I had never even heard the name of (and I have lived in Caracas!).

One amazing thing worth mentioning is that the housekeeper managed to save my wedding ring and engagement ring. While cleaning our room, she had found the rings – in the bin!! I have no idea how they got there from the piece of paper they were wrapped up in, but if it hadn’t been for her keen eye (they showed us photos of the rings in the trash) I would’ve lost my precious rings forever. I’m extremely grateful.

There is, in my opinion, only ONE negative thing about the hotel (which in itself is a first for me). The service of the kitchen (when ordering from the restaurant, not room service) is benevolent, but soooooo terribly slow. Unacceptably slow, especially considering how great everything else is. Ordering an omelet in the morning can mean you will be waiting for half an hour. Ordering a bottle of water might keep you waiting for ever if they happen to forget it completely. When I ordered a risotto for lunch they warned me that it takes a little more time; about 25-30 minutes. I still went for it since almost everything I usually ordered from their restaurant took half an hour anyway. However, the risotto was delicious and so are most of the other courses. The meat was tender and prepared very well, exactly as I wanted it (medium), which I was pleasantly surprised with. And every day I could order specially made baby food and have his breakfast delivered to the room. That was wonderful.

The kindness of everybody there by far outweighs the slow service of the kitchen, and I was so touched by the small gifts they left us on the final night of our 10 day stay. The general manager running the place is doing an excellent job, especially since he’s around so much and keeps a contact with the guests in a way I have never experienced in a hotel before. That goes for several of the other staff, such as the front desk manager. And I have once LIVED in a hotel for nearly 6 months… Upon our very arrival to Sofitel, the general manager started talking to us since I was asking about baby food and he was hoping that his wife could give me some tips. His (and his wife's) approach really gives the hotel a personal touch I have yet not encountered in any other hotel.

Thank you especially to Paul, Clémence, Eric, Simon and Ingrid for an absolutely delightful stay at Sofitel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest

I feel more than glad for the time you took to write this great review. To receive a punctual and detailed feedback as you did, inspired us to continue giving our guests always impeccable service with the highest standards of French and Colombian culture, and give our guests unforgettable experiences.

The smell, the details in the rooms, cleanliness, decor, lighting and location of the hotel are designed to make our guests feel truly at home in a luxury hotel such as the Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, which provides infinitive possibilities, for those who visit us, find everything you need.

For me it was a pleasure to personally accompany you and your family throughout your stay, and all the staff was pleased too, giving you their best service.

For me and the staff will be a pleasure to have you and your family once more, hopefully soon

Best regards

Paul Barthe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights on business. First time at this hotel and feels more like a boutique hotel despite being in the Accor group. Good, safe area with bars, restaurants in the same street but nice and quiet for sleeping. A reasonable price too.

The most striking thing was the excellent quality of service provided by absolutely every single member of staff at the Sofitel. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone had a smile.

I only had breakfast and some evening drinks at the hotel, but both were great. Breakfast had the freshest ingredients and wonderfully light and fluffy pastries. Seeing that I was drinking plenty of coffee, the waitress brought over a cafetiere. Drinks were also very nice, with a good choice of wines and some side snacks to accompany them.

Rooms were not the largest but nicely laid out with lots of dark wood, soft linens, expensive toiletries and a great walk-in shower. Wifi connection was fine and the small gym/spa was more than adequate.

All in all a really great hotel and I will definitely be going back next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Mr Jason,

Is good to know that in your business trip you had the opportunity to visit bars and restaurants in our exclusive area, and found a cozy bed to sleep in the hotel.

Our fusion between Colombian and French culture makes us always give you the best and do everything in our power to satisfy all the requirements of our guests and always cheer with a genuine smile that shows passion for what we do, whether coordinating a taxi, serving coffee or providing snacks.

I thank you for your comment that makes us feel more than happy to know that you enjoyed our service.

We are waiting for you once more.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had a great two day stay in this fabulous hotel. We got a suite, which had a deck and loved it. Clean, large and very comfortable. The front desk is helpful, and there is always security at the front door, including dogs which check your bags when you check in.

What we loved most about hotel was the prime location. There is about eight restaurants on the same street and then about two blocks away is the upscale shopping, and dinning area. There is also a grocery store about three blocks away. Staff assisted with directions and taxi to airport.

I would definitely stay here if in Bogota again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leslie B
Dear Mr. Jaime,

I am glad to know that we could make your two days stay a "Magnifique" experience in one of our very comfortable suites.

The safety of our guests is always a priority and I am very pleased to know that you could meet our area and hotel feeling always safe by our staff.

Our Concierge is available to guide you on your next stay with recommendations from multiple high quality restaurants that are located around the hotel.

We are waiting for you again to keep surprising you.

Best regards,

Ski, Norge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were a group of 8 friends staying in two nigths at this great hotel. The location is perfect both for nigthlife as well as sopping and business trips. Great experiences with the personnell both at reception as well as the concierge services. Some other reviews have commented the room size - they could have been bigger but no issue. The only thing we were a little disappointed about was that the personnell in the bar and at breakfast serving seemed confused and unorganized. Part from that; Great experience - perfect hotel!

Room Tip: Our group had rooms on both sides of the hotel. If you are not very sensitive regarding sound or lig...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DagIngvald
Dear Guest,

We are very glad to know that you think about us as a perfect hotel.

Is pleasure to know that you and your 8 friends enjoyed your business trip with luxury shopping malls and exclusive nightlife. I will share your comment about your great experience with our personnel, and be shure that all of them, and I as a manager, are waiting for you again.

Regarding the bar and breakfast, we are currently doing some restructuring, so we would like you to come back and experience the new and improved service.

Thanks for your comments,

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Everything about this Sofitel is top-of-the-line -- the location, the luxury of the rooms, and especially the service. The epitome of relaxed professionalism. As others have noted, this is absolutely the neighborhood you want to be in -- part of the fun was just strolling through the upscale residential area -- and you are surrounded by dozens of outstanding restaurant choices within a few blocks. Our room was so quiet, with blackout shades, extremely comfortable bed -- I'm a light sleeper, but I did not have the slightest problem drifting off into the dreamless here. I wouldn't even consider staying any place else in Bogota.

Dear Guest,

We are more than pleased to hear that you qualified us as “to of the line”.

As a Sofitel brand we are very focused in giving you the top of luxury experience, and for this we have the best neighborhood, restaurants, malls, rooms and service, just the best of the best for our exclusive guests.

We will be honored if you come visit us again.

Thanks for taking the time to write this exceptional review.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel and found it to be a perfect combination of comfort, good styling, cleanliness, and outstanding service.

This is the neighborhood you want to be in when traveling for pleasure in Bogotá.

My only negative was that they don't change money for you. I found that surprising.

Enjoyed our stay immensely and highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear guest,

As you could see, our location is prime, all the rooms are comfortable, and are in a safe, quiet area and yet close to a variety of Restaurants.

By policy we are unable to exchange money, but gladly we offer other options of "paid out" and "cash advance", which you can easily apply in the hotel reception.

Thanks for recommending us and we hope to have you with us again.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

This past weekend was my second stay at the Sofitel in Bogota - my wife and I celebrated "El dia de San Valentin", in which the hotel offered a special rate and some wonderful features with the rate to include: a bouquet of flowers, a welcome mojito, a delicious 5 course dinner with sparkling wine, and a full buffet breakfast the next morning.

The attention to detail here is what makes this experience special. Every single person on the staff makes it their mission to ensure you get the best service possible, and boy, did they deliver once again. My previous stay was almost two years to the day, and the staff that still works there still remembered me and my wife. That's pretty impressive. And, they even provided an extra bonus gift to her, as they noticed we are expecting -- I can't say enough about the service here.

The location is fantastic - just about every restaurant on this street are amongst some of the best Bogota has to offer. You are also within walking distance of the relaxing (and large) Parque Virrey, as well as Zona T and three major shopping malls.

I've got to say, my favorite part of the hotel is the bed -- it is like sleeping on a cloud. This hotel will always be special to me, and the staff is a big part of the reason why; we will definitely be back!

Dear guest,

It is gratifying to know that you had the opportunity to enjoy one of our special plans, which are always so thoughtful detail for our guests who are looking for new options to stylishly celebrate special days.

My whole team is aware of your comments and feel very pleased to know that their professionalism in the service was of your total satisfaction and further could surprise in a good way.

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review, and thanks for having us as your first choice on every visit to Bogotá.

We are waiting for you again.