My wife and I just returned from 10 days in Colombia. First off, go to Colombia! Great place, great food, and awesome people. We found Bogota to be a real surprise. The Sofitel in Bogota is one of the nicest, most relaxed, and comfortable hotels we have stayed in during our travels. Before getting to the pros and cons of this place, a brief note about a problem we encountered after checkin... We paid to upgrade our room to a suite. After our first night, the front desk manager asked to see us. He requested that we change our room because another guest coming in the next day always stayed in the suite we were currently in. We had to move all of our things and the manager did knock off the cost of one night of the upgrade fee. We did not like this part of the experience, but the rest of the stay was so nice and the service so good that it is hard to say anything bad about this hotel. Ok to the pros and cons of this place:
1. Great location that is very safe, sophisticated, and fun. Two superb restaurants two doors down from the hotel. This was huge plus of staying here. Literally, we had some of the best dining options in Bogota within a two block radius of the hotel.
2. World Class Service. The whole staff was extremely friendly and demonstrated over and over again that the focus of this hotel is service first. The concierge got us great seats to a football match, we used the private drivers/cars suggested by the hotel, and we went to the restaurants that they told us were great. Most every employee in the lobby spoke at least 3 languages. After 4 days, we felt at home and did not want to leave!
3. Very comfortable rooms. The suite we stayed in felt like home. It was a great size and well appointed, but it was not over the top. All the perfect touches were in the room, but like the rest of the hotel it did not feel stuffy.
1. Location. Be aware that Bogota like many big cities has serious traffic problems. If you want to go anywhere from this area of Bogota it will be a cab or private car ride. To get to the Candelaria it took about 30-40 mins and in a rain storm on the way back it took over an hour. This is a big city and be prepared to spend some time sitting in the car. Having said all that, there is no other place we would have rather been. Not so much a knock on the hotel, just something to be aware of.
2. Breakfast Buffet Downstairs. The breakfast buffet is simply overpriced. It is cheaper and better to order room service or ala carte. The breakfast was very tasty, just skip the buffet. There are also some great breakfast places like Club Colombia within a 10 minute walk of the hotel.
Hard to find much fault here. We will be back to Bogota and will stay at the Sofitel. Nice to know there are still some places in the world that put service first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia enjoys an upscale location in the north of Bogota. Perfect for business or leisure, it is close to the city's main financial and business districts as well as renowned art galleries for indulging in a spot of culture. With the many restaurants and boutiques you'll be spoilt for choice! The international airport is just a 30 minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia Hotel Bogota
- Bogota Sofitel