“Best Hotel in Bogota!”

Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia
Ranked #5 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I just returned from 10 days in Colombia. First off, go to Colombia! Great place, great food, and awesome people. We found Bogota to be a real surprise. The Sofitel in Bogota is one of the nicest, most relaxed, and comfortable hotels we have stayed in during our travels. Before getting to the pros and cons of this place, a brief note about a problem we encountered after checkin... We paid to upgrade our room to a suite. After our first night, the front desk manager asked to see us. He requested that we change our room because another guest coming in the next day always stayed in the suite we were currently in. We had to move all of our things and the manager did knock off the cost of one night of the upgrade fee. We did not like this part of the experience, but the rest of the stay was so nice and the service so good that it is hard to say anything bad about this hotel. Ok to the pros and cons of this place:

Pros:
1. Great location that is very safe, sophisticated, and fun. Two superb restaurants two doors down from the hotel. This was huge plus of staying here. Literally, we had some of the best dining options in Bogota within a two block radius of the hotel.
2. World Class Service. The whole staff was extremely friendly and demonstrated over and over again that the focus of this hotel is service first. The concierge got us great seats to a football match, we used the private drivers/cars suggested by the hotel, and we went to the restaurants that they told us were great. Most every employee in the lobby spoke at least 3 languages. After 4 days, we felt at home and did not want to leave!
3. Very comfortable rooms. The suite we stayed in felt like home. It was a great size and well appointed, but it was not over the top. All the perfect touches were in the room, but like the rest of the hotel it did not feel stuffy.

Cons:

1. Location. Be aware that Bogota like many big cities has serious traffic problems. If you want to go anywhere from this area of Bogota it will be a cab or private car ride. To get to the Candelaria it took about 30-40 mins and in a rain storm on the way back it took over an hour. This is a big city and be prepared to spend some time sitting in the car. Having said all that, there is no other place we would have rather been. Not so much a knock on the hotel, just something to be aware of.
2. Breakfast Buffet Downstairs. The breakfast buffet is simply overpriced. It is cheaper and better to order room service or ala carte. The breakfast was very tasty, just skip the buffet. There are also some great breakfast places like Club Colombia within a 10 minute walk of the hotel.

Hard to find much fault here. We will be back to Bogota and will stay at the Sofitel. Nice to know there are still some places in the world that put service first!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tpwoofs
There are newer reviews for Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at other Sofitels before as well as other high end hotels in my life. This staff was the best in my experience. There was no request to great for them. They met them with a great attitude. I came to town for 36 hours to watch a concert. I came without a ticket: no problem they found me one (even though it was sold out...thank you Jonathon). I arrived early in the morning, no problem (Sandy found me a room at no extra charge). I needed to go and pick up a ticket (no problem I was personally escorted). When going to the concert they were thoughtful enough to tell me that belts were not allowed for safety reasons. Without a belt, my pants would fall off (good problem to have but not for a concert). Carlos made me a belt from rope and it worked perfectly! I could go on...but this was going above and beyond. Congratulations to Mario the GM for the great staff at this hotel. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just finished spending 4 days in Bogota with my girlfriend. I spent a decent amount of time on TripAdvisor prior to the trip, researching hotels to stay at. I was considering the Hilton, Hotel Morrison, and Sofitel. I ultimately decided on Sofitel based on an incredible rate of $145 a night that I was able to get on Expedia. I cannot vouch for the other hotels, but I was very very very pleased with the Sofitel. It's about 1 block walking from Zona Rosa, which in my opinion is one of the best places to stay in Bogota. There are great bars, restaurants, shopping, etc, in a pedestrian friendly area. It's really happening on a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel is close enough to walk problem free, but far enough to not be in the thick of things. I would highly recommend staying in this area...other hotels nearby that are supposed to be great are the Hotel Morrison and Charleston, both which looked nice from the outside.

Anyways my girlfriend and I absolutely loved the Sofitel. The room wasn't big, but it was very stylish with a great layout. The bathroom was amazing, with great L'Occitane products, and one of the best showers I've ever been in. The bed is an extremely comfortable pillow-top bed. The service at the hotel is IMPECABLE! Every morning I'd order an espresso and a tea, and they'd bring them up within 10 minutes, complimentary! One night my girlfriend and I returned to the hotel late around 3am with some friends of ours in Bogota, who the doormen let up in our room for a drink which was nice. Whenever we needed anything, the staff would find it. After one particularly long night, I called down to see if the hotel had any alka seltzer. Although they did not, they offered to go to the drug store to pick it up for us!

Luxurious hotel, amazing service, perfect location...highly recommended.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel, the rooms are sofisticated and the breakfast is excellent.

The staff is efficient and attentive making the stay special!

Location is a plus, one of the best spots in town.

I strongly recommend it both for business and for leisure.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was really impressed with the customer service provided here. The attention to detail is just remarkable. If you like high standards of customer service, this is the place to stay in Bogota. They really make you feel special and the whole stay was memorable. I had the feeling that very little is left to improvisation because they are well prepared to deal with unexpected situations. I work in a 5* Hotel in London and truthfully the customer care at this property is best in class.

All the staff is very professional, attentive and really goes to the extra mile.

The standard double rooms aren't very spacious so I think is better to go for a higher category, which we did. To the management, I suggest that hall carpets need to be replaced, as they look old. Also the "a la carte" room service menu for breakfast is so fabulous that should be available in the breakfast room too.

The location is fantastic, is the Mayfair of Bogota, with many restaurants and bars in the vicinity. A great stay. We will definitely come back.

1  Thank saavec
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Lovely hotel in centre of one of the best areas of the city in the midst of restaurants, shops, cafes etc. Excellent and professional staff; delightful, comfortable rooms with a bit of style and "chic"; first rate breakfast buffet. Difficult to beat...

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel has many reasons for earning such a high rating. The staff is not only friendly and attentive, but they are always on point and there to assist. If I needed something, they were there to provide it. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The location is also fantastic with restaurants and shopping all within walking distance. The fitness room also has enough equipment to keep your regime going. This is my hotel of choice when visiting Bogota and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Try either the ceviche restaurant or Italian restaurant out the front door and to the left (3 doors...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business