“Fantastic find in Bogotá.”

Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia
Ranked #2 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, California
“Fantastic find in Bogotá.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a very beautiful, smaller scale, boutique hotel. In my opinion it is the best located high-end hotel in Bogotá. Right next to Zona T and Zona Rosa.
The gym is adequate, but not the best.
My room was immaculately clean.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Patrick C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Oslo
Reviewed December 22, 2012

First of all, I want to thank the reservation department for taking my reservation in a rush. They took all necessary steps to find a room for me in such a short notice.

The rooms are very trendy, very fresh, extremely clean. The water in the shower had good pressure and the hot water was really hot.

The breakfast was plentiful and the waiters greeted you by your own name, never in my life the waiters at the breakfast buffet had greeted me by my own name.

I did not use the concierge service or any other service that the hotel offered, it was only 2 nights and I was in meetings the whole day. I'm sure that they are excellent as everything else.

It was a shame that I could not prolong my stay at Victoria Regia, if I'm in Bogota again, definetly I would stay with them again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Euroviking
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Terrific location right in the heart of the best area in Bogota: wonderful shopping and great restaurants (literally just outside the door). Staff was as perfect as can be - very helpful, quick to assist and knew their city. We had a junior suite on the top floor and it was well laid out, spacious, quiet and had all the amenities we needed to enjoy our stay. We chose to order breakfast in the room as we liked the space so much and it was delivered quickly, the right temperature and was so generous we ordered just one "Colombian" breakfast to split between the two of us. (Even that we couldn't finish.) Pastries were terrific and just hot out of the oven. The only disappointment was the dining in the evening. Even though the staff was very attentive, the freshness of the food was lacking and the kitchen was reaching beyond it's ability to deliver. The really good point was their good wine list which included a local Colombian wine from Marques de Villa de Leyva - we tried the sauvignon blanc and enjoyed it very much. Always great to do local. I suspect the abundance of great restaurants just outside the doorstep of this place makes it difficult to attract enough people for a thriving restaurant in the hotel. We were the only customers the night we ate there. The places all around were packed and hopping.

Room Tip: I loved our junior suite on the top floor of the hotel. Spacious and well appointed with separate Ja...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret S
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

What I Liked Most: location, spacious rooms, service

What I Liked Least: gym

Stayed for 5 days. Do not be confused by the international uniformity that the name Sofitel might convey. This is a boutique hotel in the best (for restaurants, nightlife and safety) part of Bogota. Service was friendly and helpful. Rooms were good size and nicely decorated. In fact, nothing really to complain about except ....

The gym was a bit inadequate, and if you like to use exercise bikes, completely inadequate. There was only one, and it was very old style; in other words, very painful for the more delicate parts of the body. I could only use it for spells of 20 minutes.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was my first trip to Bogota and was not sure where to stay. We picked the Sofitel because I had stayed at other hotels before and the JW was out of our corporate price range for those dates. I'm glad it was - the room was a bit small but you could tell the hotel was converted from an older hotel or building and it gave it a nice charm. Note "charm" is not something as a business traveler I would read in a review and say "yes that's for me" but it was a great place to stay. Best of all was the location - a 5 minute walk from the T zone with all the restaurants and nightlife. I will absolutely stay here again. One downside is a lack of a restaurant, but the bar was good and I'm glad there was not one because it got me and my colleague to explore the great area a bit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ctwino
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 10, 2012

i had a pleasure staying at this hotel on several occasions and its my No. 1 choice of hotel in Bogota Colombia. The entire staff is super friendly and cater to guest needs. The food in hotel is excellent...

Room Tip: any room is awesome..but suites are especially spacious and lovely views of Bogota and surroundings.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business