“quiet, sophisticated, very nice rooms, good area”

Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia
Ranked #7 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed for a week on a business trip. Really its a very nice hotel. Super-attentive staff. Room very nicely decorated (modern and sophisticated appearance), fantastically comfortable bed. My rooom was for smokers (huge bonus for me, as I often have to work in the room). Quite good restaurant although I ate out mostly (the hotel is in an area with a HUGE selection of interesting reataurants within walking distance, called "Zona T"). Not faulting the hotel restaurant, just highlighting the fact that there are MANY options nearby, what a great neighbourhood. Apparently great shopping nearby also in the Andinas shopping center.

Taxis often have trouble finding it but if you tell them "Zona T" they can home right in on it.

I was there for a sort of "conference", therefore using one of the rooms for events. The events staff were well-organized and helpful - the meetings went without a hitch. Coffee breaks, snacks, etc. were also very prompt and high quality.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I chose this hotel for the location and its good reviews, I travel usually for work so I try to choose hotels that have something special. Victoria Regia is a hotel that has everything. Its location is unbeatable, close to area restaurants, nice rooms, comfortable and equipped with all the necessary technology. Work areas in the room are very comfortable, the amenities have a really good quality, soft sheets and nice pillows. It has a good gym, very important for people who travel for work and the breakfasts are excellent. The staff is excellent, friendly, problem-solving and most importantly, try to personalize the service, remembering what you like.
In Bogota, this is my place!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located in Bogota. The area in which the hotel is located is safe - to our experience - we waked in the area which is full of nice restaurants and shops during the day. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The beds are very comfortable. The staff of the hotel was extremely kind and helpful. They organized a car everyday for us to visit the city at a very affordable price. The breakfast was good and the drinks too (we did not have lunch or dinner there).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

we stayed there for one night in december 2011, location is awesome, in the middle of the action but rooms are quiet enough, staff is attentive, lobby is small but tastefully furnished , rooms are a bit on the small and dark side but overall good experience!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank serial2urist
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I enjoyed my four day stay very much. The hotel it's perfectly situated easy access to public transportation. Their signature service couldn't have been better, it was flawless. The staff was warm and welcoming. Overall, I had a Great Experience!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed here only for hours while in transiit. This hotel is up to Sofitel standards for service, comfort, amenities and cleanliness - very good in all respects, and in a very nice area of Bogota surrounded by restaurants, shops and other hotels. The room was a bit small, as was the bathroom, but oddly it had a HUGE shower. Still, we found it quite comfortable.

The only negative on this visit was the somewhat unprofessional behavior of the front desk clerk who checked us out. He did not listen and wound up making a mistake on our bill relating to the car service we hired through the hotel, then told me that if I did not pay for one more hour of car service due to this error, it would come out of his salary. Everyone else was utterly professional, so I take this as an odd event.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ECrowther
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Sofitel for 10 days, as I had to go to bogota but decided to have my family with me (my wife and 3 months baby daughter). Not only the location of the hotel is perfect, but also the premises and, most important, the staff! I do travel a LOT, and I can say that it is truly hard to find a hotel with such lovely staff. We felt home, even though miles away from it. Everything was incredibly perfect!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family