“Great hotel!”

Ranked #178 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Montreal, Canada
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Many, many pros: This is an old, classy hotel. If it weren't for the carpet in the rooms, I actually wouldn't suspect it's an old building. Bathroom looked pretty modern (I assume it has been redone); room wasn't particularly spacious, but it wasn't tiny either. Although there's no air-conditioning in the rooms, you don't really need it, since the temperature in Bogota is a stable ~17C (~63F) throughout the year. The products in the bathroom (shampoo, soap, hair conditioner and lotion) are of great quality (fancy local brand: Loto). Breakfast is amazing: one of the best I've had. Ever. A great spread of local fruits (both "normal", like pineapple and cantaloup, and "exotic", such as lulo and soursop) and traditional Colombian dishes, as well as pastry and eggs made to order. Hotel staff were very friendly. The concierge was very helpful, as were the (numerous!) security people. The internet connection was ok. I had no trouble using the wifi to check my e-mails and go about my daily web routine, but I had a hard time making Skype calls.

Now, a few cons: although the building is very, very safe (always tons of police by all entrances), its location is a bit odd. It's not sketchy, but it's in a business area, so it can get eerily empty on weekends and nights. You can't just wander near the hotel at night; there are some directions in which you should avoid going at all times. Also, because of its downtown location, even if you have your windows closed, it can get a bit loud in the rooms early in the morning, because of rush hour traffic (I think). It's not terribly loud, but if you're a light sleeper, it may bother you (and they don't have double windows).

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Andes. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
"Dear Alinemramos:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne Plaza Tequendama and in my own name.
Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
It is really nice for us to read such good comments about our Hotel. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.
We look forward to you visiting us again in order to assist you with the best pleasure."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Historic hotel nice 10th floor view, many famous people stayed here,like JFK, internet didn't work, poor food, small room, bed, and bath, no AC, they 1st assigned a room which was already assigned to.

Room Tip: From the start ask for a larger room with AC, bigger beds, bath/shower, AC, and to make sure intern...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear J M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Bogota hotels

Ontario, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Hotel tequendama has been a symbol of elegance, prestige and high class hotel for many decades to locals and visitor in Bogota. I used to pass by when I was a high school student in the 70s, always secretly wishing to see a celebrity or politician figure. Time pass by and I had the great opportunity to stayed for 4 days a couple years ago. The lobby area has been preserved with it magnificient golden imperial style decoration that bring good memories from my dear old Bogota. The hotel has been of course remodeled in other areas but it keeps the essential touch that makes this hotel a classy despised the hotel's boom in Bogota. They have breakfast buffet combining the traditional local food and continental. Location is excellent with a magnificient view of the surrounding mountains (Montserrat) and a busy and always noise bussines and commercial area and like any other capital just be aware of your surrounding.
You finds boutiques, restaurants and all array of shopping stores nearby.
enjoy!

• Stayed October 2013
"Dear Alina D:

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Crowne Plaza Tequendama is a safe bet located within the historic district. I enjoyed my stay. There where several meal options on site here and a nice bar. The room was very nice and had everything required for a business stay. They have stores within the hotel complex but I did not visit any of them. You are walking distances to the down town area. My stay was for several days and it was well within what i expect from Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scottybruce
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Aeromet :

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Currently we are working on improving our internet service. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.

Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a very nice lobby and common areas. The rooms are appointed in a classic style but are functional.

My real issue is that the hallways on the floors are dark. Lights are activated by motion detectors, and you often end up walking past the light fixture before it finally turns on. Definitely is not safe and not comfortable. You get the feeling someone will jump out of the shadows. This should seriously be changed and definitely didn't inspire me to leave my room at night to go into the dark hallways. I really hope this is fixed for the lights to stay on at all times, as it otherwise diminishes a great hotel.

My father stayed here 27 years ago but I believe in the Tequendama suites which is next door. So my visit is at least made special by sharing that with my father

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shane S
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
"Dear Shane S:
Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Currently we are working on improving our light detectors. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Based on the signs around the hotel, I think this used to be Tequendama Hotel and Crowne Plaza may have bought and refurbished it. Though an old hotel, they tried their best to clean the hotel and the Standard Room where I stayed was comparable to the Crowne Plaza hotels in Canada or US. Staff were very friendly and they tried their best that made my stay excellent. The hotel was strategically located across Carrerra 7 which was the road that led to Montserrate, Plaza Bolivar, La Candelaria and Presidential Palace. Breakfast selection was good and kept me going with the long walks I did at the tourist spots.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
"Dear Dags M:

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed in this property over a weeknight in September 2013. The first thing you notice about this hotel is that it is very dated and very huge. There are armed guard outside, so you feel safe. Also they arrange for a very good taxi to take you to the airport, even though the cost is high. As a Platinum Elite with IHG, I felt I received excellent treatment and was kindly given a complimentary room upgrade to an amazing room. While the room was very nice with amenities and a plate of pretty bland cookies (I appreciate the effort though!), I had issues with the hours of services. For example, as a business traveler, I had to leave early -- thereby missing out on the hours of both the executive lounge and the complimentary breakfast. Would have been cool to try those things out.

The internet was also very spotty. Overall, I had a truly internationally modern experience. The location is amazing, right by the national hotel and a cool restaurant Tabula which was recently featured on Anthony Bourdain. The mountain views are also staggering.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Albert L
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Albert L: