Many, many pros: This is an old, classy hotel. If it weren't for the carpet in the rooms, I actually wouldn't suspect it's an old building. Bathroom looked pretty modern (I assume it has been redone); room wasn't particularly spacious, but it wasn't tiny either. Although there's no air-conditioning in the rooms, you don't really need it, since the temperature in Bogota is a stable ~17C (~63F) throughout the year. The products in the bathroom (shampoo, soap, hair conditioner and lotion) are of great quality (fancy local brand: Loto). Breakfast is amazing: one of the best I've had. Ever. A great spread of local fruits (both "normal", like pineapple and cantaloup, and "exotic", such as lulo and soursop) and traditional Colombian dishes, as well as pastry and eggs made to order. Hotel staff were very friendly. The concierge was very helpful, as were the (numerous!) security people. The internet connection was ok. I had no trouble using the wifi to check my e-mails and go about my daily web routine, but I had a hard time making Skype calls.
Now, a few cons: although the building is very, very safe (always tons of police by all entrances), its location is a bit odd. It's not sketchy, but it's in a business area, so it can get eerily empty on weekends and nights. You can't just wander near the hotel at night; there are some directions in which you should avoid going at all times. Also, because of its downtown location, even if you have your windows closed, it can get a bit loud in the rooms early in the morning, because of rush hour traffic (I think). It's not terribly loud, but if you're a light sleeper, it may bother you (and they don't have double windows).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tequendama Hotel would like to offer you our warmest welcome. We are truly a World Class Hotel. Our experience, quality and name have made us an icon in Bogota. We work tirelessly to provide you with the best service by offering you the high quality, comfort and world class service and facilities you deserve. Bogota opens its doors to you upon your arrival at El Dorado International Airport. The Tequendama Hotel is located just a few minutes away and offers the hospitality and comfort of one of the world s most renown hotel chains. Discover the magic of the Andean city from a unique perspective. You will experience the charm of Colombian culture as soon as you walk through the doors of the Tequendama Hotel A World Class Hotel. Come and enjoy one of our 578 luxurious rooms. We offer 24 hours Room Service, cable TV, voice mail, high speed internet access, laundry and valet service to meet all your demanding expectations. Nowadays we are ISO-9001 certified in our principal services. We are also certified in a local norm, as a five stars Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Tequendama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel Bogota
- Crowne Plaza Bogota
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Bogota
- Bogota Tequendama Hotel