“Friendly Staff and Strategically Located in Bogota” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tequendama

Hotel Tequendama
Ranked #232 of 260 Hotels in Bogota
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly Staff and Strategically Located in Bogota”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Based on the signs around the hotel, I think this used to be Tequendama Hotel and Crowne Plaza may have bought and refurbished it. Though an old hotel, they tried their best to clean the hotel and the Standard Room where I stayed was comparable to the Crowne Plaza hotels in Canada or US. Staff were very friendly and they tried their best that made my stay excellent. The hotel was strategically located across Carrerra 7 which was the road that led to Montserrate, Plaza Bolivar, La Candelaria and Presidential Palace. Breakfast selection was good and kept me going with the long walks I did at the tourist spots.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
"Dear Dags M:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne Plaza Tequendama and in my own name.

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.

It is really nice for us to read such good comments about our Hotel. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.

We look forward to you visiting us again in order to assist you with the best pleasure."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed in this property over a weeknight in September 2013. The first thing you notice about this hotel is that it is very dated and very huge. There are armed guard outside, so you feel safe. Also they arrange for a very good taxi to take you to the airport, even though the cost is high. As a Platinum Elite with IHG, I felt I received excellent treatment and was kindly given a complimentary room upgrade to an amazing room. While the room was very nice with amenities and a plate of pretty bland cookies (I appreciate the effort though!), I had issues with the hours of services. For example, as a business traveler, I had to leave early -- thereby missing out on the hours of both the executive lounge and the complimentary breakfast. Would have been cool to try those things out.

The internet was also very spotty. Overall, I had a truly internationally modern experience. The location is amazing, right by the national hotel and a cool restaurant Tabula which was recently featured on Anthony Bourdain. The mountain views are also staggering.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Albert L
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Albert L:

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Currently we are working on improving our internet service. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Overall good service and an old fashioned hotel but with good amenities. I would say that taking the water off for half a day is a drag, but I suppose it has to happen sometime.
The guarded hotel does make it feel very safe, although it's in a safe area anyway.
The rooms are reasonable spacious some more than others.
Restaurant service and menu is good, and the breakfast does have an egg bar.
Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
"Dear Mr. Phephox:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne PlazaTequendama and in my own name.

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are very sorry you had problems with the water. Currently, we are working on that issue.

Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the last night of my Bogota vacation. The hotel is centrally located and most of the staff speaks good English.

Security was ultra-tight; it was like staying at a government office or the airport based on the number of offices (armed and unarmed) walking around inside and outside.

The room I got was quite spacious (it was a 2-room suite). The bathroom was in the small side and did not contain any face towels. The water temperature in the shower was also sporadic, going erratically from hot to cold, with just the slight move of the handle.

The best part of the stay was the fact that I could charge transport to my room. Cabs are generally sketchy at best in the city, but the hotel has a private car service that is very reasonably priced: I hired a car for 4 hours for $35USD.

Overall - this is a nice hotel in a great location with an attentive staff. The IHG Rewards club perks are also great, too (fruit basket in room and access to the Executive Lounge for Platinum members).

• Stayed September 2013
"Dear Mr. Jacobandjune:

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
It is nice to receive comments about our services, specially when a Platinum member reviews. We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and we also inform that we are currently working on improving the shower system.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent experience, amazing hotel, beautiful lobby with everything you will require, very secure and safe, nice room, clean, amazing staff and service, in a city as Bogota, this hotel can guaranty your security
Ah did I mentioned that they will provide amazing beds!
Would love to come back there in my next trip

Room Tip: everything there is perfect!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Raul C
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Raul C:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel and in my own name.

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.

As per your kind opinion, we are glad and proud to receive such good comments about our hotel. We want to thank you, providing you a 10% off in the room rate for your next visit.

Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel money times in the past few years. I receive an employee discount through IHG Hospitality so I get a great rate. This hotel is in the heart of the financial district where it is pretty safe. There are usually taxis readily available to take you anywhere you want to go. The hotel also has a few taxis designated to them that are very nice and the drivers are very courteous. It is a little bit dated and definitely an old school style business hotel. If you have the option, get a suite as the views can be pretty nice and room spacious. They are rather strict regarding customers having guests in the hotel. The development of a Transmilineo station across from the hotel allows for great mobility if trying to venture away from taxis. Overall the hotel is clean and the area is safe.

Room Tip: Get a suite!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. AboveTheClouds85:

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We are proud to receive those positive comments about our services.

Lausanne, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for a conference and although the hotel gives you what you need (a place to sleep) the years are clearly showing for this hotel. Stayed in a suite on the club level which was comfortable but lacked an individual AC control (had to arrange room temperature by opening/closing) windows. Service was great and staff in the club lounge very nice. Languague might sometimes be an issue if you don't speak Spanish...

Room Tip: always try to be on the club level
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Dutchtraveller1979:

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services.

We are proud to receive those positive comments about our staff and we are working in order to improve English language skills and level.