“Ok for the price - Poor internet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Tequendama

Hotel Tequendama
Ranked #211 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Miami
“Ok for the price - Poor internet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

March 2013
A decent hotel in need of renovation located in a run down and unsafe section of the city.

Slow check in and front desk service. Friendly staff. Rooms are ok for the price.

If you need even basic internet do not stay here as you will be frustrated.
Hands down the worst internet service of any hotel that I have stayed in over a decade of intense business travel. The local staff just apologies profusely concerning the internet and mentions the internet has been bad for some time. It appears management has no plan to fix it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Steven D,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. It is good to know that you found our staff to be friendly and rooms comfortable for your needs. However, I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during check in and Internet connection being sub par. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed three nights in this hotel in February. It is conveniently placed, although we were told by the staff that the area is not safe for strolling around after dark. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, breakfasts were OK. There is no complimentary water and my minibar was empty. It is obvious that the buliding needs some renovation, the windows do no isolate and since the traffic gets heavy in the morning, it was almost impossible to sleep after 6.30 a.m. even on the 9th floor. Free wi-fi was working well.

Room Tip: You should go for an upgrade to a suite, the price difference is not that big and it is certainly wo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear kooladanice,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I'm glad that you found the beds comfortable. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the condition of the property. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is an old building at the financial district of Bogotá. It's conveniently located if you want to go to most of the highlight attractions. The TransMilenio bus system is nearby and downtown Bogotá is also easy to get from here. The staff at this hotel is very helpful and as all Colombians, very nice and kind to all people. I adore you Colombians!!!

This hotel has a strict security system and sometimes people might feel uncomfortable with all the requirements to access any floor, a good idea if you think on your safety but Bogota overall is a very safe city. The breakfast buffet was poor and the last day at the check out, the receptionist requested a payment of COP96,000.00 (USD52.00) as an "insurance" I rejected this charge because I understand that any type of insurance is optional and should not be charged if you didn't request it. I booked this hotel on Expedia and the clerk at the hotel said Expedia did not include the insurance charge in their payment. I really didn't like this situation because neither Expedia mentioned it when booking nor the hotel at the moment of our arrival, i consider they should have told us about this insurance when we checked-in and not when we checked-out. I really expect an explanation from them. The clerk accepted my rejection and gave the pass to leave but I felt uncomfortable with this. Overall the hotel was good, quiet and very clean.

Room Tip: If you book at any online travel agency make sure they are not going to charge any insurance when yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Mr Catrachosps:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel and in my own name.

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services.

We are proud to receive positive comments about location, services and hotel cleaning. We regret that you had experienced problems with hotel insurance and we are improving reception services to make your stay more pleasant.

We look forward to your next visit and let us offer you a better service.

Medellin, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

The price on my room (upgraded to a suite with my ICH membership) was stunningly low and even without the upgrade would have represented excellent value.
Inside it is from a decade or more ago.The public areas are large and spacious and there are a full range of services. My room was light, airy and clean. The club room had excellent views over the city and a decent breakfast. All of the staff were helpful although the english skills of some of the lobby staff are a little lacking. The restaurant is pleasant enough (the food a little heavy though and the wine list not offered) but again one starts time travelling backwards. Beware if you eat your breakfast downstairs the food choice quickly gets limited - and you can play a game with your table of trying to find out where the bread choices are hidden.
It's in an area which has many of the large financial companies offices and this is a good choice if you have business in the area - not having to find a taxi in rush hour is a big positive in this city, in particular as heavy downpours come and go. However some of the area around is NOT tourist safe. If you're planning to stay here for a vacation make sure you use the hotel's (excellent) car service and understand where the boundary lines lie in risk.
I'll be back for my business needs. It's a decent enough hotel and they want to please. In another area this would be a much more expensive hotel and it's a good alternative to the increasingly pricey options of the more 'elegant' options in other parts of the city.
While I was there the hotel was crowded out children from some sort of national sports events. They spent their days riding up and down elevators and running around the floors. Whether the hotel consistently sells large block bookings of this type I don't know, but it did make the lobby areas congested and slightly chaotic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Phileas Foggontour:

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services.

The hotel has a history of 60 years old leading the hotel industry in our country, which allows us to have quality and experience in order to offer our clients the best service. As you mention, this hotel provides hosting large groups of people due to its great accommodation capacity. However, we always make sure that this doesn’t affect the good service that we offer to our guests.

We regret that you had problems mentioned above.

We look forward to your next visit to offer the best services.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I arrived late at night at this hotel I got a room where the garbage and some dirty coffee cups where left (you never know what else..). Then they changed my room, but the internet was not working there- it took them half an hour to get the technician to my room and another hour to get the internet working). After midnight I could already check my emails!
The prices they charge for business center services are out of this world (2 USD per page!!!).

Room Tip: think twice before moving in to this hotel - you have plenty of other hotels with same price and bet...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MariamFLT, at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Jaroslaw S:

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services. We regret that you had that situation, since we have a clean service that allows us to deliver each guest clean and neat rooms.

Regarding the Internet, we have changed our provider which it will afford us to offer you a best internet service in your next visit.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've stayed here a total of four times in the past year, and my only disappointment has been the wireless service, which has been worse on each visit. Other than that, however, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are very comfortable, and although I'm a light sleeper, I had no trouble with outside noise or hard mattresses, as some other guests have reported. The reception and other staff are very friendly; breakfast is a fabulous buffet, and the restaurant has an extensive menu that is served fresh and in a friendly manner. I'm not old enough to know what this hotel 'used to be', but I enjoy it the way it is now, and I will stay here on any future Bogota trips. (I've tried others....Holiday Inn Express, etc.), and I've found myself returning to the Tequendama for its quiet, relaxing and comfortable ambience all around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. William G:

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services. We regret the problems with WI-FI service; we have changed our provider to get a best internet services.

We look forward to your next visit to offer you a best service.

Skien, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Totally forgott that I have stayed in this hotell, before I found some souvernirs from Bogota.
I stayed here before it was named Crowne Plaza, so its been a few years.
I remember the staff as very friendly and helpfull, the location was quite good, we rented a car everyday, in the evenings we went out to clubs and bars, its within walking distance.
They had a safe down in the lobby were we kept our Camera, money and credit card. Really tought it was safe there.
BUT when we should check out my card was not accepted??
I didnt understand nothing, I knew I had money and I was going to Cuba for 2 weeks.
Not cool when your card doesnt work.
But my friend had money so off we went.
When I came home I find out someone had copied my card and travelled to the US and back.
I didnt even use my card in Colombia, so the only way is that the staff had copied it, it was in the safe from day one.
Its been some years ago and I have learned, hopefully there are also a new staff on this hotell now.
The stay was ok, but the experience was s...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Jericho J:

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services. We very much regret about that, which we are surprised given that we have a reliable staff. In the same way, we are going to take in account your comment and we will check the facts.

We look forward to your next visit to guarantee you an excellent service.

Yours Sincerely,