“Boutique Hotel with everything you will need in north bogota”
Review of Morrison 114 Hotel

Morrison 114 Hotel
Ranked #5 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
“Boutique Hotel with everything you will need in north bogota”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

It was our first time to Bogota - and we chose this hotel based on its positive reviews: it certainly did not disappoint.

Hotel is new and it has everything you will need - spacious room with modern decor and very clean. Wireless Internet was very fast, probably the fastest we have experienced in our travels through US and Europe prior to arriving in Colombia.

What was most special about this hotel? Their friendly and ever ready to assist staff. Headed by their General Manager Mr. Eduardo Sanchez, he and his staff took care of my husband and I and made us feel right at home (as much as we could be given we were thousands of miles from home!). Eduardo made sure we had everything we needed and took us out one night to town! Service was prompt, excellent english and very informative.

Hotel is located in north bogota which is in the quieter and safer part of the city. There are many restaurants next to the hotel and an exito supermarket across the street. Unicentro shopping mall, bogota's first mall is only 15 minutes walk from the hotel and everything else is a quick cab ride away.

We can only say positive things as we had a great time at Hotel Morrison 114. we will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jelitaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I found Morrison Hotel because of the good reviews and also because we wanted something different then the regular big chain hotels. Nothing wrong with it but the personal touch of Morrison is excellent.

We were in Bogota for business and stayed 3 nights. The hotel is conveniently located and lots of restaurants are nearby. Just be aware that almost all restaurants close at 7 PM on Monday (as frequent travellers this was quite a surprise in such a big city as Bogota).

The rooms are really nicely decorated and you have everything available; good bed, good shower and also important for business travellers high speed internet.

Breakfast and the greek restaurant (Teo) are very good. Waiters are friendly and service is quick.

All together Morrison 114 is definately a hotel to recommend and to return to in the near future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank AvdV80
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012

"Fabulous, Extraordinary" we were 5 ladies celebrating a birthday and we all had a fantastic experience, we loved the hotel, the staff and service was exceptional. Great location, the beds were incredibly comfortable, the rooms impecable. Couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anna770
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I chose Morrison Hotel for it's location. My distributor offices are nearby, and the area is safe and has many trendy cafe's and restaurants nearby. I was very well impressed by this "jewel" boutique Hotel in Bogota.
The rooms are impeccable, the bed, sheets, pillows etc were first class, no noise from the street. Bathrooms are elegant and spacious. As a business traveler I depend on internet for my work, and I was also impressed by the great signal and speed that I found with the complimentary internet at the Morrison. All the employees were very courteous and went overboard to make you feel at home and satisfy all of your needs. I liked seeing the general manager (Mr. Sanchez) always on top of things in this great Hotel in Bogota. I highly recommend this hotel. Great value!.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dhnelson26
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my first time staying at this Hotel, since I arrived everything was excelent, starting with the welcome from Federico the front desk person who was so helpful knowing that I was comming from a very long trip. Following the other staff members makes me feel as I was at home, better than home, the good attentions were followed by all the team, I resqued flowers and wine in my room, by the time that I get there, the flowers were outstanding and the wine was an excellent pick from them. All complementary services were very good and the cost to get them wasn't high.

The hotel is located in a great area close to very good restaurants and atractions. Don't forget to try the Greek restaurant, they have the best tzatziki sauce that I ever try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Manuel A
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was my first visit to Bogota and the stay couldn't have been better. The hotel's location is in a very nice and safe area within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. The gardens by the walking path are indicative to Colombia's native plants, with Papaya trees, etc. blending old and new. Inside the hotel is very modern with a combination of woods and brick bringing a warmth to it; the interior decorations are supreme and very inviting. The staff one of the best I've ever encountered; extremely friendly and courteous.

The hotel's restaurant will take your breath away. I've never seen wall gardens before so I was pleasantly surprised and the decor, which is Greek, is stunning; very welcoming. I made sure to have a meal there and it is everything you'd hope it to be.

I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Beverly H
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at Morrison 114 for 4 days and this is truly a gem of a hotel with staff that treats its guests in a manner - 'second to none'. It all starts with the leader and captain of the hotel, its manager, Eduardo. I have yet to meet a manager who takes so much pride in his work product, his staff and his hotel. Eduardo and his staff went above a beyond to make my trip a 'home away from home'. The hotel restaurant is a Greek one with excellent food, sperb serviceI and a cozy patio with a very nice atmosphere...Seperately, I also stayed at the Zona Rosa Morrison sister hotel and this 114 hotel puts the one in Zona Rosa to shame simply because the Zona Rosa location lacks an Edwardo who cares and serves his guests like no other with passion, respect and love. Touche Edwardo & Team! Way to go. Reuven O.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Reuven O
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Morrison 114 Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Dear Reuven
We know there are a number of hotels in the area to choose from, and I am honored you stay with us.
Thank you for your compliments and we are always looking forward to have you back
Yours in hospitality.