“Incompetent Management - Very Disappointed”
Review of Hotel B3 Virrey

Hotel B3 Virrey
Ranked #31 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
USA
“Incompetent Management - Very Disappointed”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I just completed my second stay at the Hotel B3 Virrey, and my opinion of the property has changed dramatically due to incompetent and unresponsive management of the hotel. The location of the hotel is great - easy walking distance to Parque 93 and Zona Rosa, and centrally located for business access. Rooms are very basic but comfortable. Unfortunately, these positive qualities are outweighed by serious safety concerns, apathetic management, and poorly trained staff.

My primary problem is based on two experiences when trying to arrange transportation for a colleague. This colleague does not speak Spanish, and I asked for assurance that the hotel would transport her safely to her destination in the Candelaria area. On the first attempt, the hotel driver dropped her in the Candelaria several blocks from the destination, and departed. My colleague was lost for several hours, and managed to get back to the hotel 4 hours later using a regular taxi. This is unacceptable practice for a hotel driver, especially when the address was provided in writing, in Spanish, and with a local phone contact number.

We attempted the trip again on the following day, when I asked the front desk manager (Daniel) for personal assurance that this would not happen again. My colleague was going to the same destination, and needed to arrive no later than 10:15 in order to make the start of a formal tour. We arranged for a pickup at 9:20, but the driver did not arrive until 10:10. My colleague suggested that it was too late, but the driver insisted on departing. Of course, arrival in the Candelaria was around 11:00 a.m., too late for the departing tour. The driver never actually found the location, and returned to the hotel. We were charged a significant amount for this "round trip", and the manager (Daniel) refused to remove the transportation charge from the bill, suggesting that it was our problem.

There are many great hotels in Bogota that would love to have your business, I highly recommend any option over Hotel B3 Virrey. Concerns raised in other reviews about noise issues (internal and external), poor selection of TV channels, inoperable clock/alarm, DJ/parties in lobby, and poor management are 100% valid as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Brad S
CarlosFelipeSantos, Propietario at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that your colleague had during the stay in our hotel. We have all ready taken all corrective measures with the transportation company that work with us and are in constant monitoring to prevent that these type of situations present again. We can assure you that these situations are not routine in our hotel. Since your first stay with us was completely satisfatory and we met all your expectations we hope to see you as our guest again in the near future . Again, I reiterate our apologies and we expect to be able to show you the real B3 experience.

Best Regards,
Carlos Felipe Santos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
geneva
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is well located — near great places to go out in the evening and a nice park to run in the mornings. The staff is really nice and friendly although all that is stated in DogAgre review is true - I have experienced and noticed the same details but for the noise, no noise for me. What really disturbed me is that you cannot take a shower without soaking the whole bathroom — they should change it. The kindness of the staff compensates the downsides.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
adriana l, at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
One of our goals is to stay with us you feel at home, so we try to make our service even better, with respect to the area of the shower in the bathroom, we are working on the issue of how to fix it without affecting the Hotel style. thanks
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Upon arriving at this hotel, we were impressed at its modern design. As we stayed for our week, we loved our comfortable beds, plenty of hot water, good wi-fi, friendly staff, and nice breakfast. Unfortunately, these positives were outweighed by the negatives. It is directly across the street from some type of entertainment establishment that produces loud noise until about 3:30 every morning. Even with earplugs, we had a hard time getting a good night's sleep. The rooms, while modern, are too spartan -- there are no drawers for clothes, no shelf in the bathroom for amenities (you have to place these on the shower floor), no facial tissues. The television is difficult to operate, and the room clock was beyond our comprehension (the staff also apparently unplugged it several times while cleaning the room, and our time was almost never correct). The restaurant on site is rarely open for other than breakfast, and when it is open, the selection is very limited. And while they purport to be eco-friendly, they replaced our towels every day, although we placed them every day where we were asked to if we wanted to re-use.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DogAgre
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your good comments, we will consider your suggestions and we will try to take the corrective measures thereon. Hope to see you back with us
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If I come back to Bogota I will stay here again with great pleasure. Safe location, very very very friendly staff who speak English. The hotel seems to be recently renovated and rooms are very nice. Absolutely recommend it for budget travellers

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank vaso81
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We hope your next visit very soon, appreciate your feedback of our service
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have been traveling in business to Bogota for the past 4 years, and have had the chance to stay at several hotels (at least 10 other hotels: Cite, BH, Bogota Plaza, etc). I have had good and bad experiences, but overall my sense has been that I always overpaid for what I got. At B3 I particularly liked the matress, pillows, silence, desk space and inet connection in my room. The service was nice and helpful. Bfast was good, and location very central. I had drinks twice at the bar, try the B3 drink, awesome! For what I paid I think it's a great value, by far the best deal in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Ferdinand L
adriana l, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you very much for you comments. El Tres cocktail its our signature drink at our bar. We hope to have you with us in the near future.