“Deliciosca!”

Tabula
Ranked #33 of 3,247 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tabula means table in Latin. We are rustic and shared kitchen. A wood stove is its heart. Long, slow cooking, huge slugs to serve in large wooden tables where food and drink abound, and where Francachella begins a feast of joy filling bellies and hearts of those who know to share and enjoy ours is the only reason to live.
Reviewed April 26, 2015

Contemporary surroundings warm natural vibe. Complementary hummus and shrimp appetizers were tasteful. Roasted stuffed eggplant with cheese and white sauce was delicately balanced and well flavored. Main course of osso buca was off the charts! Fragrently smokey taste balenced with red sauce, it fell off the bone. The portion size was tremendous. The marrow was devine. Pan fried potatoes with herbs and butter were also tasty, and corn pie with melted cheese on top was rich, crumbly and lightly crunchy all at once. The chocolate tort and vanilla ice cream was more chocolatey than chocolate. Delightfully exceptional cuisine, and service too!

Reviewed March 24, 2015

Had a weekday lunch at Tabula in Bogota with family and friends. The food was fantastic in quality and preparation. All the dishes are generous and served family style. It is a relaxed spot to sit and share, I can't recommend this place highly enough. Fine dining is starting to grow in Bogota, in large part because of places like Tabula.

Reviewed March 22, 2015 via mobile

Very good organic traditional food fussioned with some foreign flavors. Good attention and organization even though service is a bit delayed.

Reviewed March 19, 2015

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. I did my best to chew and swallow my portion of the beef shank but it was soooo dry and overcooked. I chased every mouthful down with water but it still feels like there are pieces lodged in my esophagus. Maybe the crusty bits chafed my gullet on the way down...

After watching Tony Bourdain eat that juicy beef shin, after reading so many positive reviews, I was looking forward to a great experience. One thing I noticed is that Tony and most of the TA reviewers ate that thing at lunchtime. I went for dinner and it arrived quickly. Too quickly. Had it been sitting since lunch service? Was I eating a lunch leftover?

I cook shanks myself occasionally so I know how they must be done to achieve tenderness while retaining moisture.

After I complained to our waiter, chef Tomas personally came to our table to apologize. He said he had never received a complaint about his signature dish. I suggested that he attempt to drive a fork into the large pieces of meat that I had left on the dish. I couldn't cut through them. It was like shoe leather.

He was very nice and I hated to hurt his feelings but the meal had been a waste of my time and money.

In fact, everyone there was very nice and I sincerely wanted us all to be happy. But it was really one mistake after another. Our salad came out - with peanuts - after we had carefully explained to our waiter in English and Spanish that we were seriously allergic to nuts. In the dimly lit room, we almost didn't see the nuts. That would have sent us to the Emergency ward. Or worse.

To be fair and honest, the artichoke and zucchini salad was delicious, the tomato sauce pasta was gummy and the beef shank was dry and chewy.

Reviewed March 17, 2015 via mobile

The venue has a very local feeling to it, attendance is mostly Colombian which tells a lot about the good quality of the food.
A business meeting is inviting since you can have everything to share. Menu is great and food is really good. Area appeals to a lot of politicians and business people.