“Arrogant Manager”

Ranked #13 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Bucaramanga, Colombia
“Arrogant Manager”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

There are much better hotels than this one. Especially because of the way they treat the guests whenever there is a problem. There is an arrogant guy called Santiago Zuleta who, to put it simply, did not care at all that we were defrauded. I was staying at this hotel with my wife and some friends. My friends left at 6am and the taxi driver that the hotel got for them charged them when they arrived at the airport. Then. the hotel charged us again for the same service. When we came back to Bucaramanga and found out about this double charge I called Mr Zuleta and he did not care at all about this situation. This was more than a month ago and Mr Zuleta never responded to my complaints about this situation.
Seriously, think twice before reserving at this hotel!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JavierAguirre1983

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on two different occasions during our recent trip to Colombia. The hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful. Rooms were clean and everything seemed very new. The breakfast was delightful and offered a wide variety of food choices. Although we are not very familiar with Bogota, we also thought the hotel location was nice, because it was convenient to many restaurants and to shopping. The atmosphere at the hotel wa relaxing. The only thing we found odd about the hotel was that the stairs were constructed in a strange way and out of materials that made them extremely noisy to walk on. It was difficult to get in and out of our room without feeling that we might be disturbing other guests.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room at the end, further from the stairway. Also if you stay on the 2nd floor I i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lima, Peru
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel is very well located just a couple of blocks of a very nice shopping area (around "Centro Andino"), and the "T" area with restaurants and bars. Also a couple of blocks from "Carrera 7".
The hotel is modern, and the room, although not very spacious, is comfortable.
Breakast was included and was quite nice.
Overall, it is a good value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
München
Reviewed April 20, 2012

A Colombian friend made a reservation for us at this lovely boutique hotel. It's got not more than 30 rooms, beautifully designed with stone, wood, steel, glass. The stone used throughout the hotel is full of fossils, making it very special. The room numbers are a bit confusing. We stayed in room 702-1, a room number more adequate for a big tower rather than such a small hotel. (I flooded my room one day because my shower's sink could not cope.)
Breakfast is nice, with fresh fruit, eggs made to order, different breads and pastries. The breakfast room (actually the hotel) felt a bit cold, because it's not heated and it was cold and rainy in Bogota in April.
There are no other meals offered, and no room service is available. The laundry service was not reliable, unfortunately: the laundry should have come the same day, but arrived the next morning. I had to argue to get a discount of 25% on the laundry bill.
There is a coffee maker in the room, but I had to insist to get a second mug for my companion to use.
The other problem was that normally, foreigners don't have to pay VAT, but the hotel did not arrange for that at check-in and said it could not be done at check-out. So I paid about 20€ per night that I should not have paid.
The location is great, it's literally 2 blocks to Centro Comercial Andino on 11th. In April 2012 there is a construction going on opposite the hotel, so it's a bit noisy during the day.
I would probably use it again, but making sure the VAT issue is settled up-front and it's a bit warmer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rossana C, Gerente at 84 DC, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Good Afternoon Mr.. Maux,

We really appreciate your time and comments regarding your stay at the B.O.G. Hotel. At B.OG, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We would consider any comments or suggestions that help us to improve your next stay our service and Guest Satisfaction. We really value your comments. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

I am at your entire disposal for any further requirement or information.

Best regards,