“Very enjoyable -great overview of Bogota”
Review of Hansa Tours

$75.00*
Bogota Layover Tour
Ranked #2 of 32 Food & Drink in Bogota
More attraction details
Owner description: Hansa tours is a specialized tour company, offering private services in and around Bogota. As well as covering the most famous sights, we pride ourselves on also showing our clients authenticity, less typical touristic sights with excellent local guides. Our deep knowledge of the city, with all its resources, makes us your first choice without any doubt when touring in our country.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We recently spent 1and one half days in Bogota. Our guide was Camilla and we found her to be pleasant, great personality and extremely knowledgeable. She provided a broad overview of both colonial and modern Bogota, and her wide range of knowledge enabled her to guide us through the artistic aspect of Botero Museum and the archeological and ethniclogical aspectof Gold Museum. Her English was perfect and the tour was well planned to take advantage of the short time we had in Bogota and helped make it an enjoyable experience. Highly recommend .

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in Bogota on business and had half a day free before heading back to the airport - so didn't have time to organise some sightseeing for myself - so I booked this tour through my hotel to give me a shortcut to seeing as much as possible in that time.
It was pricey ($150) but totally worth it! My guide, Juan David, was brilliant! Really knowledgeable and with perfect English. Doing a thesis on Bogota so really interesting to talk to about the history and also the people and the culture - and also quite opinionated so it wasn't the usual bland fact-only tour that you can sometimes get (and which I don't feel offers much beyond a guidebook!).
We went up the funicular to Monserrate and then walked around Candelaria (including the bits outside the more touristy centre) and managed to squeeze in the highlights of 3 museums (Botero, The Old Mint and The Gold Museum). I really enjoyed it! I could have spent 4 hours in the Gold Museum alone - but I feel that Juan ensured I saw the best bits and even though we were running late he didn't hurry me along.
Book them if you can - and get Juan David too if possible.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We booked our tour through our hotel and didn't initially know it was with Hansa until our guide handed us his card at the end. I was initially leary about the cost, but it was definitely worth it. Our guide spoke perfect english, had a background in history, and presented so much detail about the city and locations that I don't think you could have learned more even by reading countless books on the subject. He let us set the agenda and gave us recommendations for the best times to do things to ensure we were never rushed or in a place that was too crowded. Our agenda included Monserrate, La Candelaria, The Gold Museum and Botero Museum. We also toured some of the new neighborhoods. I'd highly recommend any tour with Hansa Tours.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I took the 8 hour tour that stopped at Guatavita (El Dorado lagoon) then at Zipaquira (Salt Cathedral). We normally do not spend this much on tours but this was well worth it. We did see some other companies offering tours for slightly less but I am confident we got the best tour possible. Our tour guide, Byron, was great. He was extremely knowledgeable about everything we saw on the tour, spoke great english, and just a great ambassador to his city and country. Also, the lunch we had was phenomenal. After working up an appetite hiking up to the lagoon, we had some huge chicken and Colombian steak meals at a great restaurant. We definitely recommend Hansa after our positive experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Beautiful city, very friendly & welcoming people and a great tour guide. We did a tour of Candelaria, the beautiful historic district, and visited the Gold museum - in our opinion both must sees when you visit Bogota. Our guide was very knowledgeable, spoke fantastic English and very friendly. Unfortunately we only had one day in town but we will defiantly go back in the future.

1  Thank Tim Q