“Good IF you have to stay in that area”

Aloft Bogota Airport
Ranked #41 of 266 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The rooms have a decent size and are clean. The bathrooms have an appealing modern look, such as the whole hotel in general.
The internet is fast, which is surprising for Colombia. Nevertheless, during the day that I had to stay at the hotel (4 nights), the passwords were expiring every 24h, so it was annoying to call the reception every day to get a new password and username.
Contrary to all the Aloft hotels I've stayed in the USA, this one offers breakfast for free! And it's actually pretty decent.
Be aware that you'll need at least a 30 min taxi drive to Calle 84 or Zona T. This hotel is far away from everything that you might want to see, no restaurants around, no pubs, nothing. Unless you have to do business in the proximity or are taking an early flight, I'd recommend being closer to the action.
I'd definitely stay here again if I were to work on the same area as before.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Mr. Nuno_the_Curious,

Regarding your comments, I would like to mention that the internet is free to all our guests, and the portal is just to control de access, and we have fixed this issue, you just need to enter your last name and room number.

In our website alofthotels.com/bogotaairport we do have so many offers, according to your need, rates including breakfast, city tours, cocktails, etc....check it out!

We hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed November 26, 2012

You may be in Hotel Hell when it takes three days of relentless emails just to get confirmation of your free airport shuttle transfer to hotel.

You may be in Hotel Hell when you arrive at the hotel only to discover that it has no electricity (and there is no general blackout in the area).

You may be in Hotel Hell when the front desk tells you to fill out your registration card anyway using a flashlight and you can walk up the stairs (with luggage) to your dark room.

You may be in Hotel Hell when the front desk says there are no phones, including mobile phones, for them to make alternate arrangements at another hotel that does have power.

You may be in Hotel Hell when, after you insist that the shuttle take you to the nearby Sheraton (also a Starwood property), the hotel calls the shuttle driver to say that the power is back on and you must return to the hotel or lose your deposit.

You may be in Hotel Hell when you arrive back at the hotel after an hour-plus delay to discover that a pool table is the main feature of the lobby.

You may be in Hotel Hell when your guest room reminds you of your dorm room and you realize you did a pretty good job decorating in college.

You may be in Hotel Hell when you go downstairs to the bar, being the only hotel restaurant, and you order “off menu” just to get a cheeseburger.

You may be in Hotel Hell when the special ingredient in the cheeseburger is a slice of spam.

You may be in Hotel Hell when it takes four different user name/password combinations and discussions with two techs over the course of more than an hour just to gain access the Internet.

You may be in Hotel Hell when you hear every shower that is used, and every heater or AC unit that switches on and off, in other guestrooms at 3 in the morning.

You ARE in Hotel Hell when you stay at the Aloft Hotel Bogota, where every one of these things (and more) happened to us on our recent miserable stay.

Room Tip: Best room tip is to stay at the Marriott, which is also near the airport.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fantasticv0yage
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Fantasticv0yage,

First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenient with the light issue. This certainly is not the experience Aloft we should offer our guests and I'm really sorry this happened to you.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you at our hotel.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 6, 2012

According to the taxi driver, there's only one other hotel that is closer to the ElDorado International Airport in Bogota. You can get a shuttle bus every 30 min and the ride (either bus or cab) doesn't take more than 15min. Is very close to the Aloft values, so you will know exactly what to do and expect, which is great. The only complain I have is the checkout process: instead of giving you a bill and charge your credit card automatically like all places i have been, you need to stop by the check out counter, and swipe your credit card, which in rush hour or being late to catch a plane, can be unnerving.

Room Tip: For what I could see, all rooms have pretty much the same view and are equally quiet, since the hote...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Carlos H
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Mr. Carlos H,

Also thank you for such flattering comments, as these are a lot of motivation for all our talents and help us continue to provide excellent service.

Regarding your comment about the bill payment, unfortunately this is the process according to local laws.

We were very aware of your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a very new hotel. Very trendy, clean and spacious room. Is very close to the airport (5 min by car), however it will work for you if you have to go to work or meetings around the Avenida el Dorado surroundings, because the north area, the financial district and downtown Bogotá are far away. I stayed there beacuse I had an early flight, so it worked perfect.

I loved the room, the bathroom, the bed, and is very quiet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David R
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Mr. David R,

We were very aware of your next visit to our hotel.

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Bogota
Reviewed October 25, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Reviewed October 20, 2012

As mentioned by others, the hotel is chic. I'm writing from the hotel now. I needed something near the airport for a flight the next day, and price and location-wise, this hotel fit the bill. Bonus points for the hotel include the shuttle (more on that later) the rooms (very modern), and the check-in lady I was fortunate to have. I booked through Expedia and was certain I had breakfast included. It wasn't. My mistake, but (possibly because I was a Starwood preferred guest, but, maybe not) she comped me. Now the shuttle. A word of warning. Bogota International airport (BOG) has under gone a massive facelift in the international section. Your transit time from the plane to customs to baggage claim to exit may take from 30 minutes to (in my case with the arrival of 5 International flights at the same time) over an hour. I arrived on the second day of the opening. My communication with the hotel suggested that I should be at gate 9 for pick up. I asked several airport personnel where Gate 9 was and, with one notable exception, not a single one knew. The terminal is that new. The only thing I figured was you have to go outside and check toe doors . Thankfully, the shuttle driver was aware the chaos and was circling the airport, and the one person I found who knew something about shuttles spotted him and flagged him down. The shuttles use the outside lane as far as I can tell.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravellingMarketer

Dear TravellingMarketer,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

We hope to welcome you back at aloft Bogotá Airport.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I arrived around 10pm into BOG airport. Had to call the hotel for a pick up; which was prompt and the service very cordial. After checking in, I was told that the breakfast bar opened @ 630am. The room was very clean, and very modern... Mini office, mini fridge, good towel and toiletries set up. It was as described in Expedia. DirecTV has a few channels only, but reception was great.

The following morning I was a bit disappointed, because of the following: I arrived into the breakfast / lobby area and was greeted by a single waiter; I asked if the breakfast buffet was covered under my room. He told me not to worry. He then waited on other people until after I had served my meal and was half way eating when he asked me again my room number. He then checked and mentioned that breakfast was NOT covered under my rate... Long story short, I ended up paying 17,400 pesos, which is about 15 dollars (that's what my credit card statement says), for some scrambled eggs, mini sausages and pastries. I simply wish I had been told about this "payment" ahead of time. Not that I count my cents and dollars, but there are no restaurants nearby, and the best option is really to just have breakfast at the airport.

I don't think the personnel is up to speed yet in the process of informing guests of additional charges. Not to think they are hidden charges, just that they should be mentioned. As a comparison, everything in the Mini-Store next to the lobby counter has a price; however the breakfast bar has no signs. Sorry Aloft, but I don't feel like 5 stars is deserved at this time. Spoke to the counter person on duty about the misunderstanding, but he simply was detached from my concerns...

So only 3 stars because the facility was very nice. A good stay near the airport. Wifi and airport transfers are included. The personnel need improvement.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about the prices for meals and breakfast... Don't be caught in a surprise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank latinlau
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear PL,

I apologize for the inconvenient during your stay, and I would like to clarify some comments.
Regarding the airport shuttle service, it´s available 24hours, and leaves from the hotel every 30 minutes, the guest just need to wait on gate 2.

The breakfast service is available from 6.30 to 10am, and it´s included in some rates, unfortunately on Expedia.com you will not find rates including breakfast, but I recommend you next time check also the available rates and special offers in our website alofthotels.com/bogotaairport.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you at our hotel.

Best regards,
Marilia Pergola

Our goal is to offer our guests a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish, and we are truly sorry that did not carry out this promise.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you at our hotel. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Please contact me if you need extra help, and I would be happy to help.