“Best hostel in bogota”

Ranked #1 of 266 Specialty Lodging in Bogota
London, United Kingdom
“Best hostel in bogota”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in bogota twice during our month long visit to Colombia and Masaya was our favourite hostel.

The layout of the hostel lends itself well to socialising and we met a lot of people here- there is a large common area with sofas and television, pool table, Internet access and bar. There is a further atrium- style seating area where you can sit and have a drink and hang out. This was probably the best part of the hostel- the social aspect - and it attracts people from all the world.

There was no window in our bedroom but this didn't really matter as we didn't spend much time in our rooms. There was a television with sky channels in our room (a double) but I don't think this was the case in the bigger shared rooms. The shared bathroom was clean and well maintained.

Bogota is freezing (in comparison to the rest of Colombia) so we appreciated the presence of duvets - not available in all hostels!

It's in a great location and we felt safe staying here - again, not something that all hostels in Bogota make you feel. We really recommend this hostel!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed November 20, 2012

when I was in the hostal 4 days ago my girfriend and me was like a home, the hostal is very comfortable, the staff are very friendly and help us so much, the activities for know bogota are nice but when you arrive at the hostal you won't want to go out. I think that is a good option for know bogota

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hostel is very nice, modern, clean and has excellent facilities. I guess I was there in the low season though because there were almost no other guests and it was very quiet! However, it has a good location, close to attractions, restaurant etc. There werent any lockers in my room, but there was a drawer with a key to keep valuables, and the curtains around the beds are a nice touch. I stayed in an 8-bed room which was clean and spacious.

The staff werent particularely friendly or social which was a little dissapointing seeing as I didnt meet any other English speaking guests there. Also, I had a problem where someone went into my room (I can only assume it was the other guest who had a key to my room but stayed somewhere else) and went through my bags twice in 2 days, but the staff kind of acted like it wasnt their problem when I reported it to them so I left the next day.

Overall I liked the hostel but I was ready to leave by the end of my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Excellent location, facilities are new and the hostal looks like a hotel and no only a hostel. Very confortable. Excellent tipical breakfast. Internet and computer available. The zone was excellent, with bars, culture places ( museo botero, casa de la moneda). Easy acces to take buses and walk.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Aantouri
Edinburgh
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Masaya for 2 nights at the start of my Colombia trip and can't really fault the hostel. My room was clean and comfortable, the hostel isn't too noisy an you meet people from around the world. Walking distance to the Monserrate, and the Botero and Police museums. Would stay again!

• Stayed October 2012
london
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I really liked this hostel. It is good value, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean. I really like that you could make your own little private space in the dorms by pulling the curtains in on your bunk. It was very cosy. They had lockers with a key so if you forget your padlock you are okay. They have a good restaurant restaurant in the hostel as well. There was plenty to do with table tennis, darts, pool, Internet and tv as well.

Definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Richard S
Toulouse
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The stay we had my friends an I few weeks ago in this hostal was really great. Masaya is just more than a hostal when you estimate all the attention they had for us. Owners and employees do not hesitate to share their time to help in your travel booking, or to give some good tips for your stay in Bogota and Colombia, even be party partners for a night ! The atmosphere is so cool, people exchange experiences, tips or pool game party.

Of course, the confort of this hostal could not be undervalued, as you are quickly impress by the proposition after few steps in.

The price are just over the first price you could find in Bogota for a hostal but the ratio Quality/Price speaks out for Masaya.

Masaya is just a good surprise on our trip as we do not expect such a good time here.

JC