“A little oasis”
Review of La Cocina de Rochi - CLOSED

La Cocina de Rochi
Cuisines: Colombian, Irish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For your meals we have our own Restaurant at our lodgging "LA COCINA DE ROCHI" that offers home cooked international and Colombian dishes as well as great vegetarian food, oh important to say that the best homemade cakes ! Reservation is a must only for groups 4 and up.
Jinju
“A little oasis”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We found this after floundering through other Minca eateries. And we went back. And back. When some very close Colombian friends joined us at Easter weekend in Minca, it was our natural choice. Rocia is a generous and excellent cook, but I won't write too much about her chocolate cake or I'll have to go back 300 miles for more. What I liked most about the place: it's just plain friendly! Good luck Niall and Rocia with your plans for the hotel.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank mishko

London, United Kingdom
“amazing flavours”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

we loved the homeliness & atmosphere of this family run place. Theres so much effort and creativity thats been put everything into the interior design as well as everything your eating. You also get to enjoy the sound of the river as it gently passes by.

So much love goes into the food.
Try the special papaya salad - its a taste explosion.

Rochi even tweaked some of her dishes to accomodate my allergies.

Great vibe great food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tara g
Melbourne, Australia
“Just go!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nial and Rochi take hospitality to new heights and should be very proud of the reputation this business is attracting. I stayed at Minca on 3 separate occasions in Dec and each time I couldnt wait to return to Cocina d Rochi to eat, drink and simply loiter. In fact, I think I had lunch, afternoon tea and dinner here one day! As a vegetarian I was spoilt for choice by Rochi's home cooking. The juices here are excellent and I can recommend the mojitos. The restaurant itself enjoys a tranquil possie beside the Minca River, where I'm glad I took the chance for a fairly private swim. Colourful decorations abound and lend the place a homely feel, as do the pets who roam the open style restaurant deck and flop at your feet (see pictures). What makes Cocina d Rochi stand out is the generosity and friendliness of owners Nial and Rochi, who were full of advice about local attractions. Rochi even tried to help me with an onward booking in Santa Marta, between courses in the kitchen. This couple are true ambassadors for their region and I wish them all the best for their new 'Irish Castle' down the road!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank PaulaHWithoutAnAlias
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“A big reason for visiting Minka”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I came across this wonderful restaurant and Rochi and her husband Nial that serves the best food i had in in colombia, the restaurand is a place where you feel like coming to a familys home with an open kitchen and dining with the sound of the river just next to you......while dining i got some very useful information of hikingtrails.. close by
Unlike many other restaurants in south america there is a lot of effort to make the place cozy......not at all the standard with 100 watt lightbowls in front of your face and sterile interior......i could really see how this couple that runs the restaurant enjoyed what they are doing..........will defenately come back.....
Greetings Pontus from Sweden

• Visited January 2013
“An amazing restaurant in a beautiful setting!!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to stumble upon this little restaurant while we were travelling in Columbia. Rumour spread that an Irish man and his Columbian wife ran a restaurant in the small town of Minca (south of Santa Marta). Since my husband is Irish we searched Minca to find this gem. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast there nearly everyday of our 4 day stay in Minca. Rocio not only cooks fabulous food, she also produces most of the art that adorns the restaurant, as well as teaches Spanish/English classes. There is nothing she can't do. Her husband Niall is a wealth of local information especially hiking info. He dabbles in occasional trekking tours if you ask nicely. Be warned his catchphrase is "it's just around the corner" even if you are 3 hours from your destination ;-).

I highly recommend this restaurant. At the time when we were in Minca (october 2012) the couple were building a hotel. So soon, if not already, you will be able to stay and eat in the same place. Hosts Niall and Rocio are the best.

Kim and Kieran