“Just go!”
Review of La Cocina de Rochi - CLOSED

La Cocina de Rochi
Cuisines: Colombian, Irish, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For your meals we have our own Restaurant at our lodgging "LA COCINA DE ROCHI" that offers home cooked international and Colombian dishes as well as great vegetarian food, oh important to say that the best homemade cakes ! Reservation is a must only for groups 4 and up.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nial and Rochi take hospitality to new heights and should be very proud of the reputation this business is attracting. I stayed at Minca on 3 separate occasions in Dec and each time I couldnt wait to return to Cocina d Rochi to eat, drink and simply loiter. In fact, I think I had lunch, afternoon tea and dinner here one day! As a vegetarian I was spoilt for choice by Rochi's home cooking. The juices here are excellent and I can recommend the mojitos. The restaurant itself enjoys a tranquil possie beside the Minca River, where I'm glad I took the chance for a fairly private swim. Colourful decorations abound and lend the place a homely feel, as do the pets who roam the open style restaurant deck and flop at your feet (see pictures). What makes Cocina d Rochi stand out is the generosity and friendliness of owners Nial and Rochi, who were full of advice about local attractions. Rochi even tried to help me with an onward booking in Santa Marta, between courses in the kitchen. This couple are true ambassadors for their region and I wish them all the best for their new 'Irish Castle' down the road!

3  Thank PaulaHWithoutAnAlias

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I came across this wonderful restaurant and Rochi and her husband Nial that serves the best food i had in in colombia, the restaurand is a place where you feel like coming to a familys home with an open kitchen and dining with the sound of the river just next to you......while dining i got some very useful information of hikingtrails.. close by
Unlike many other restaurants in south america there is a lot of effort to make the place cozy......not at all the standard with 100 watt lightbowls in front of your face and sterile interior......i could really see how this couple that runs the restaurant enjoyed what they are doing..........will defenately come back.....
Greetings Pontus from Sweden

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to stumble upon this little restaurant while we were travelling in Columbia. Rumour spread that an Irish man and his Columbian wife ran a restaurant in the small town of Minca (south of Santa Marta). Since my husband is Irish we searched Minca to find this gem. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast there nearly everyday of our 4 day stay in Minca. Rocio not only cooks fabulous food, she also produces most of the art that adorns the restaurant, as well as teaches Spanish/English classes. There is nothing she can't do. Her husband Niall is a wealth of local information especially hiking info. He dabbles in occasional trekking tours if you ask nicely. Be warned his catchphrase is "it's just around the corner" even if you are 3 hours from your destination ;-).

I highly recommend this restaurant. At the time when we were in Minca (october 2012) the couple were building a hotel. So soon, if not already, you will be able to stay and eat in the same place. Hosts Niall and Rocio are the best.

Kim and Kieran

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We saw the signs directing us to this place, but it was eventually a little hidden once you get there. Go down the steps, it is there and it is open! As mentioned in the other comments, these guys are such a friendly couple and the food was incredible. Niall gave us so much of his time to tell us where was worth going in South America, as he's travelled it extensively. He also knows all there is to know about Minca, virtually all of it's free too. They're about to open a new place where you'll be able to stay, which will be excellent if this little restaurant is anything to go by....

P.S. Sorry for the lousy tip guys - my brother paid and realised after he left the wrong note!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stumbled on this lovely little restaurant on my few days in minca. The hosts a lovely couple niall who is irish and rocio from bogata could not have been more welcomeing if they try´d. The first thing that struck me was the beautiful humming birds drinking water from the edge of the restaurant wall "magical" This was only surpassed by the excellant ambiance and cuisine which was to come. In the four days that i was to eat there i never once asked for the menu, a testament to the confidence that the chef rocia displayed. Every single dish was full of taste and suprise, whether it was the self made juices for breakfast or the wonderfull vegetables and excellently cooked meats for dinner. No jokeing, this lady is seriously passionate about her cooking to my blessing, Niall was such great help in offering excellant advice with the many tours available around minca, The friendlyness of the irish spreads far and wide. All in all this was the perfect start to a great few days in this lovely village, Hope to return to there new hotel next year with a serious big appetite,