Tripadvisor
Bogota
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

I booked 3 nights through the online website BOOKING. The total price was indicated, along with the words "please note, there is a 19% VAT tax for citizens from Colombia."
The receptionist told me to pay the total price indicated by BOOKING, + the 19% VAT. I gently reminded him that as a foreigner I don't pay VAT.
Then the flow of ready-made excuses started:
- "With this price, I can't take off the VAT" (WTF?? Booking's offers and VAT are two different things!)
- "It's not our policy" (?? It's the law! It's not your policy!)
- "You pay VAT here and ask for it back at the airport."

It was midnight, I asked to cancel the 3 nights and will only stay one night.

The next day, when I checked out, the receptionist had changed. So I tried again. Even better, this receptionist told me that we could have found a solution: "you would have deposited a 100 US$ bill, we could have worked it out".
What kind of world do they live in?

This hotel robs foreign tourists: they force them to pay 19% more, which then, they keep in their pockets when they have to return taxes to the government.

Room tip: Les touristes ne payent pas de TVA en Colombie, c'est la loi.
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Mel-viaja
Reviewed March 6, 2017

About me being here, late 30s single male. I came here by myself and walked around by myself no problems no worries and I stayed out late maybe 2-3am. Regardless of what you've heard and read about Bogota, this is the opposite. The area is known as Parque 93. Its an upscale part of northern columbia. You are minutes within driving distances to the Park and restaurants. I walked I wanted to check out the neighborhood maybe door to door 10-15 minute slow walk cuz your sight seeing. People still had there kids playing in the park across from bars and restuarants at 10pm, and there is usually always Police around just to stand there and to make a presence. Ok so now you know that the area is safe. The Hotel itself is nice its a nice lil 10 room hotel, very quiet hotel. No rowdy kids getting drunk or nothing like that. I had room 108, 2 good size full beds, clean sheets and thick blankets, sometimes let shower run for a minute or 2 then you get your nice hot shower. Cold fridge, flat screen tv and direct tv with good reception. WIFI is also free and worked well in my room... not sure what other people are talking about. Staff is always at front desk at all hours of the night. No worries there and the person is actually working no just sleeping. The only reason I didnt give it 5 stars is because they didnt atleast have fans that came with the room as a standard. There is no Air Conditioner in this place, the air didnt flow too well through the room. Now I was worried about that at first cuz I love to sleep in the cold, believe it or not with the altitude being so high up it was ok...the avg temp stays around 70 during the day and at night you definitely need a jacket, so the room was not that warm. thats why they have such thick blankets....hhmmm. Over all I would stay here again.

Room tip: I got room 108 and it was great
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

Hotel casa Lozada is a small house turned into a hotel, the rooms aré comfortable te barthroom is pretty decent and the breakfast is really good, there is no luxury; you can see the owners of the hotel like to take care of the facilities, the only problem i encounter was the fact that the wi-fi was not available at all, overall if you are on a budget and want to stay near really good places like bars, discos, casa Lozada is for you!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Just for 1 night it is a perfect hotel. De room is large and you will get a hot shower. The TV was not working and the WIFI is poor. Breakfast however is sufficient. The neighbourhood is good to stroll, also at night

Room tip: Try to get a room in the back of the hotel, not the street side
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Staff are willing to stay up late to let you check-in at whatever time therefore useful if arriving at antisocial hours. Big rooms with comfy beds and en suites. Basic breakfast of eggs, fruit, etc. included in the price. Staff very friendly.

Date of stay: July 2016