Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM

from $38.10
from $70.00
from $10.00
More Info
All reviews salt cathedral city tour layover tour tour price day trip gold museum hiking boots lake guatavita long layover bogota city la chorrera private tour andres carne de res local market tour company coffee tour national park
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2018

The three of us had a long layover in Bogota, and decided to book a 12-hour customized layover tour with Impulse Travel. We were drawn to them because the website had a variety of activities that can be mix and matched, and we spent some time piecing out an itinerary that would work for us. Paula the agent was helpful in this regards as well, which gave us high expectations for our (thought to be) highly customized tour.

On the day of the tour, we waited for almost an hour at the arrivals hall with no sign of our tour guide. Calls and messages to Impulse Travel went unanswered. The tour guide did eventually show up, but he was apparently misinformed of the start time. Miscommunication occurs and are understandable, but one would think they are especially important when the tour doubles as airport transfer. This got us to a rather sour start to the day.

I won't spend much time covering the sights we saw, since this is a review of the travel company itself. Our carefully selected itinerary with all the different activities ended up being distilled to three things: Paloquemao, Monserrate and Candelaria. These were all great places, and we had a lot of fun visiting them.

One thing that was particularly disappointing was the lunch. We specifically selected "the most authentic lunch" option, and repeatedly asked that this be included in the final itinerary. However, the tour guide informed us that lunch wouldn't be included at the restaurant's door. Fortunately, I had internet access and pulled up my email correspondences with the company. The tour guide ended up making a phone call and some texts to "confirm," which resulted in us literally sitting in the car outside the restaurant for 30 minutes while he finds out if lunch was included. Once that was settled (and lunch was determined to be included as originally agreed upon), he took us to this restaurant that is as far as one can get from "the most authentic lunch." The place was so touristy, in fact, that everyone in the restaurant was foreign and they bring you a flag from your home country as a centerpiece for the table as soon as you are seated. As this was a layover tour, we had one chance for a meal in the city, and this was very disappointing.

I do want to note that I don't think any of this is the fault of the tour guide, but rather communication from the reservation office. Our tour guide was knowledgeable, and was a great story teller.

All in all, I think this was a fun way to spend a layover, but I would take their website's suggestion to how authentic and customizable the tour is with a pound of salt.

Reviewed December 22, 2018 via mobile

Very informative and professional. Strongly recommend this tour to learn all about Bogota. Perfect english and knowable about a variety of topics related to the country.

Reviewed December 20, 2018 via mobile

I wish I could hang out with Andres every day. He was an awesome tour guide! We only had a few hours but we went to local market for local eats and saw street art while learning about the history of Bogota. They picked me up and dropped me off at the airport so I didn't have to stress about time. Thank you Andres and impulse! (See bff pic attached)

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend impulse for their professionalism & excellent attention to detail. They work with only the best & provide great service. Start to finish. Will use them again & have recommended them to others already.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

We had great service. Before our trip we had great support and attention to detail from Paula. Our guide was Andres was interesting and gave a nice insite. You won’t find a better team to show you Bogota!!

Date of experience: October 2018
Kaja T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Hi Seaside,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your comments. We appreciate it!

We are very happy to know that you were so pleased with our service. We all work very hard and it is great to hear that you are so thankful!

It was a pleasure to be your hosts in Colombia :)

Kind regards,