“No second thoughts, if you want to enjoy Bogota and beyond!”
Review of Impulse Travel

Impulse Travel
Book In Advance
More Info
$28.00*
and up
Private transportation to the Zipaquira Salt...
Ranked #22 of 156 Tours in Bogota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: IMPULSE - immersive travel experiences. We want you to fall in love with Colombia and love it as much as we do. Immerse into our country with our awesome guides who bring you original, informative, and fun tours. Feel welcome by our Colombian staff who know what it’s like to travel. With our knowledge and planning, we ensure every vacation day counts so you won’t miss out on the good stuff.
Reviewed October 31, 2014

We have had a wonderful wonderful (I say this twice, because we took their services twice in two weeks) experience. David has been our guide in two of the tours, and we have been so lucky to have him and the Destino Bogota tours to arrange for our weekend trips. The entire trip was so well planned, that we just had to sit in the bus and enjoy ourselves. The weekend trips were the highlight of our stay in Bogota. I highly recommend them for any of your travel needs. They do a great job at taking care of their guests, and their service attitude speaks for it...

RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Dhayavad Krishna!

Having you and the rest of the team was very nice. We are happy that we were able to help you make the mst out of your weekends while you were in Bogota. Thanks for taking your time to review us and hope seeing you back in Colombia.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"hiking boots"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 20, 2014

We asked DestinoBogota for a different tour that we couldn't get anywhere else.
We had an amazing surprise when Rodrigo took us to a farm in La Vega, a town 1.5 hours outside of Bogota.
We try different local dishes during breakfast and lunch, went to a trekking through the mountains with amazing views, finishing up taking a bath on the river that crosses the farm.
When we got back, we enjoyed the pool and the amazing view of the surrounding mountains.
The tour to Riachuelos Farm is something I would definetely recommend to anyone craving for an unexpeted exciting adventure.

RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2014

Sebas! Many thanks for taking a minute to share you positive experience with other travelers. I very happy you enjoyed our new destination and our service. All best and see you next time. Rodrigo

Reviewed October 5, 2014

I do not have enough words to describe how fortunate my boyfriend and I feel to have discovered Destino Bogota. We did our first tour with them a couple days into our trip, a hike to Chorrera, the tallest waterfall in Colombia. The waterfall is a hidden gem that not many touring companies in Colombia cover, but Destino Bogota had the most amazing adventure tours which was exactly what we were looking for. We drove up into the mountains (during which we had an amazing conversation with our fluent in English tour guide Alejandro about the history of Colombia, food, and rock climbing) and hiked a few hours until we reached the waterfall. I wish we could add pictures, it was stunning. We walked through beautiful jungle and even got to go under the waterfall! If you plan on swimming though, bring warm clothes to change into, the water is freezing! Also make sure to bring comfortable shoes, the hike is a good combination of up and down hill but so worth it at the end! I would do this exact tour again, with all the wildlife and greenery I am certain it would be a unique experience. I am also so thankful that Alejandro was a part of our experience, he was so supportive and patient during the hike and my boyfriend and I both agreed that his humor and knowledge was what made the experience even more special.

At the end of our tour Alejandro recommended that we do the Horseback riding tour through the Paramo vegetation, which only grows at high altitudes in Ecuador and Colombia. There was a small mix up in our reservation but the second it was discovered one of the owning partners (Rodrigo) contacted us and actually decided to join us as our guide on the tour. Rodrigo started the whole tour on a high note, surprising us with a quick stop at a true Colombian coffee shop. He even got the owners to take us "behind the scenes" and show us how they roast the coffee! My boyfriend could not have been happier! After that Rodrigo drove us up into the Paramo where we met a farmer named Fabio whose family had lived on the land for generations. He shared his life with us, let us try his crops, and personally took us on our horseback tours. He knew the mountain like the back of his hand, and although he only spoke Spanish, Rodrigo translated for us. Fabio was fascinating, kind and eternally positive, explaining the land and its history to us. He led us to a look-out where you could see the mountains with the city of Bogota as a backdrop. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!! The experience was once in a lifetime. It was the best ending to our trip. Following the tour Rodrigo took us to the "college" district where we saw street performers and enjoyed wonderful desserts! We listened to music and ended the whole tour at a tea shop where we talked about our business ideas and Colombia's beauty. We were so, so fortunate to meet Rodrigo. He is so passionate about Colombia and showing the beauty of his country to others, and he has clearly spent time ensuring that each of his employees shares his passion, as Alejandro was just as excited to share Colombia with us.

Overall, my boyfriend and I agree that without Rodrigo, Alejandro, and Fabio, our experience of Colombia would not have been as entrancing. When I go back, I will book every tour with this company. They really know how to combine adventure, history, and great personality into one wonderful experience.

RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2014

Amanda! wooow what a complete review from yours! I love reading this and makes me want to go back to guidance in daily basis. As I said before, It is so motivating to have guests like you. People who are open for new adventures and find joy in every detail. Send my love to Mikhail and see you soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had to wait nearly 12 hours for my connection flight in Bogota. With the Sights-Hopping in Bogotá 4-hours tour, it turned out a very pleasant afternoon with the guide (Maria). I enjoyed very much this quick opportunity to learn more about Bogota, and surely I want to come back! Thanks guys!

Diego M, Director of Sales at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Hi Bruno,

We are glad that you have had a great experience with us.

It was a pleasure being your host and we hope you wanna come back!