“La Chorrera Waterfall Hike”
Review of Destino Bogota

Bogotá City Sightseeing Tour with Optional Lunch and Cable Car Ride
Ranked #10 of 121 Tours in Bogota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We can transform your business or leisure travel experience by putting your finger on the pulse of Colombia so you can feel its rhythm and unlock our country's full potential. With more than 30 things to do in Bogota and around, we can guarantee that tour stay in Bogota will be fun-packed and meaningful. All this with top-notch service and highly competitive prices.
Seattle, Washington
“La Chorrera Waterfall Hike”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We coordinated with Destino Bogota for a guide to take us to Colombia's highest waterfall a little more than an hour outside of Bogota. This was an excellent way to get out of the city and see some lovely scenery during an active day. The hike itself was the perfectly suitably moderately easy hike for my husband and myself. We are both fit and do intense workouts a few times a week. We are also used to doing moderate level hikes at higher altitudes. This could be an issue for people who find it difficult to get acclimated quickly.

Our guide was professional and courteous and very personable. We really enjoyed our time with Juan. He was a great source of information about all aspects of life in Colombia and we appreciated his perspective. We felt safe and were able to enjoy our day without any concern about logistics. I recommend Destino Bogota and this hike for anyone interested in an active outing close to Bogota.

Visited January 2014
RodrigoAtuesta, Manager at Destino Bogota, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Melissa,
Thank you very much for sharing your review of our new product with other travelers. We feel very satisfied to know you had a positive experience in Bogotá. Thanks for putting your trust in us, we certainly hope having you back. Kind regards from all the team!

Boston, Massachusetts
“An exceptional experience!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I traveled to Colombia for 10 days in December-January 2013/14 with a very large group of MBA students from around the world, and we had a phenomenal time, thanks in large part to Desitno Bogota.

I worked ahead of the trip with Rodrigo and Diego, who provided me with a long list of potential activities to chose from, answered all of my questions, and handled arrangements for transportation to/from various activities. They were extremely professional, timely, and knowledgeable about things to see in Bogota and Cartagena. Eventually, we chose four tours (2 in each city): in Bogota, we visited the Salt Mine Cathedral and the La Chorrera waterfalls, and in Cartagena, we did the City Tour and the Rosario Islands.

Salt Mine Cathedral: Diego and his team timed our visit so that we didn't have to wait in line (there was a huge line when we left!), and we had a separate guide who was from the Salt Cathedral who gave us a very interesting, witty tour. On the way back, they recommended a restaurant for us to stop at for lunch, which we were happy to do. Lunch was amazing, with live music too.

Waterfalls: The actual hike was more strenuous than some in our group were expecting (this may have been because we had stayed out a little too late the night before), but the scenery was insanely beautiful. The guides were awesome locals who were great to spend the day with.

Cartagena City Tour: Extremely knowledgeable and funny guide. We visited the monastery overlooking the entire city (beautiful views), the old fort, and an emerald factory in a bus, and then took a walking tour of the old town.

Rosario Islands: AMAZING day -- we boated for about 1 hour to a beautiful island where we had a beach, pool, and ocean to ourselves. There was also kayaking, hiking, massages and other activities available. The lunch served was one of the best meals we had in Colombia and the bar at the pool served very cheap booze all day. I highlyyyy recommend this tour, especially for younger groups.

Overall, I had a phenomenal experience and strongly recommend Destino Bogota to anyone looking to explore Colombia!

Visited December 2013
RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Destino Bogota, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hey Emily! We are blushing here reading your review!
It is so satisfactory for us having a big group with several activities booked and leaving every single member with a smile.

It was very nice having you and your group in Colombia. We are glad that you found our guides knowledgeable and interesting, and I hope you had the chance to learn more about Colombia and our culture through their eyes.

You know where to find us for your next trip to Colombia, and thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers.

Hasta Luego!
Walnut Creek, California
“Fun-Packed Tours and Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We spent two days touring Colombia with Destino Bogota. In that short amount of time, we managed to visit a coffee plantation, rappel down waterfalls, raft in level 3-4 rapids, explore various districts in the city of Bogota, visit local culinary attractions, shop, and more. I'm still blown away by the number of activities our tour guide was able to fit into our trip without making it feel rushed. In addition, our group wasn't very fluent in Spanish, and our tour guide went above and beyond to make sure he translated everything for us and answered all of our questions. Our trip with Destino Bogota was one of the best in the entire trip and I look forward to touring with them again when we return to Colombia!

Visited November 2013
RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Destino Bogota, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Mike! wow! what an exiting stay you had here. I must admit that rarely had we recieved any guests that where up for squeezing Bogotá to the last drop as you and your friends did. Thanks for trusting us and best wishes with you exiting business plans for next year. You know where to fin us, see yo next time :)
Milpitas, California
“Excellent service with friendly and knowledgeable guides”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My friends and I recently made the trip to Colombia and was glad to have found the guys at Destino Bogota. They were extrememly helpful with planning our trip. We all had a blast rafting and repeling. The Coffee tour was a great experience which includes a very nice lunch. The guides were very helpful and extremely flexible. We would love to visit again!

Visited November 2013
RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Destino Bogota, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Steve! Thanks for reviewing us. I had a great time with you guys. Keep traveling with that open mind. Certainly hope having you back, there are many things to check!
Houston, Texas
“Exciting Bogota from North to South!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The tour started when I was picked up from my hotel. The tour guide and driver were very courteous and welcoming. On the way to La Candelaria, the tour guide listed out all the different restaurant and entertainment zones throughout Bogota. He also pointed out the most popular streets and suggested many types of food found on each road. Once we made it to the museum, the tour guide was very knowledgeable and could answer any questions without hesitation. The tour continued through the streets, into churches and other museums, and ended when they dropped me off at my hotel. I highly recommend this tour because I learned so much and felt so comfortable with the driver and guide throughout the entire tour.

Visited November 2013
RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Destino Bogota, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
It is always good to have with us enthusiast first time visitors like you. Thanks for putting your trust in us and for your postitive comments. Hope to have you back soon. Best regards from our staff.