“Excellent, Personable and Reliable Service”
Review of Impulse Travel

Impulse Travel
Book In Advance
More Info
$28.00*
and up
Private transportation to the Zipaquira Salt...
Ranked #22 of 156 Tours in Bogota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: IMPULSE - immersive travel experiences. We want you to fall in love with Colombia and love it as much as we do. Immerse into our country with our awesome guides who bring you original, informative, and fun tours. Feel welcome by our Colombian staff who know what it’s like to travel. With our knowledge and planning, we ensure every vacation day counts so you won’t miss out on the good stuff.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I recently used Destino Bogota for both tours and airport transfers when I visited both Bogota and Cartagena. All of the guides and drivers were extremely personable, professional, informative, and reliable. Rodrigo was always there to answer any questions I had and to make sure that I received all of the tours and services that I booked. The tours I took with them were the highlight of my trip and gave me a great insight of Colombia. I would definitely use their services if I ever had the opportunity to visit Colombia and would strongly recommend Destino Bogota to anyone visiting Colombia.

RodrigoAtuesta, Manager at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Heey! We are very happy to have your review here! It was a pleasure having you in Colombia and I hope you keep on traveling, being adventurous, and always open to recieve what every place has to teach. You know where to find us, see you next time!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"hiking boots"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 3, 2013

this website giving very good service . it is just for testing the website it is just for testing the website it is just for testing the website it is just for testing the website it is just for testing the website it is just for testing the website

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I want to pass along my experience with Destino Bogota to fellow travellers. In short, it was outstanding. Communication was good and Destino Bogota anticipated every detail.

In the end, we trusted Destino Bogota to help us with several activities, including arranging a private salsa lesson, horseback riding in the Colombian countryside, a trip to a coffee plantation in Santa Coloma, and paragliding in Sapo (which you absolutely must do).

The service was personalized and, if necessary, I felt that I could call Destino Bogota at any hour of day or night and they would have been responsive to my request. They also made recommendations that improved the overall flow of our itinerary (including recommendations for events in which they had no stake other than us having a good time in Bogota)--that's an example of how they go the extra mile to make the experience as good as it can be.

Thanks to Rodrigo and company for the great experiences!!

RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hello Marc,
The pleasure was all ours. We are happy we exceeded your expectations and helped you boosting your experience. It is very motivating having customers that are up for discovering our off the beaten track offers. It was very nice meeting you and thanks for sharing your appreciations about Colombia. You are welcome any time.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I live in New Orleance but I'm from Bogota. I came with my husband for the first time to meet my family and Rodrigo was great help. He helped arranging tranpostation for all our destinations and was very flexible with itinerary. All drivers and staff are very timely, professional and educated.

This agency is ideal for foreingers.

1  Thank Marta S
RodrigoAtuesta, Manager at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Martha,
We know how exiting it is showing our own city to a loved one who had never visited Colombia. We are very glad you and Jacob have trusted us for being your hosts. I hope this is the firts of many visits, drop us a line next time you are planning your trip to Colombia. There are still may things to discover!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2013

cars are way too small and tights, chairs are too high you cant see side or front. I am asian, and we cant even put our leg straight. Complained and they want us to pay more to have more comfortable bus. I am uploading the chair of the bus soon.

Guide only interested bringing us to emerald stores, and when she said our time is already finish, we still have 5-6 places we havent go, end up we missed all those places. Dont tell me that we like to lazing around, no we just walk walk walk and walk and end up so tired.

We paid to enter the emerald museum, the guide argues that we did not have itinerary there, and we need to pay for her extra hour and tickets. I told her, I will pay and I will ask rodrigo to pay me back. And guess what, the emerald museum entrance is free, and its just beside the gold museum, so you can go your self there.

The last day tour, the golden gravita lake and the salt catherdral. the time is not even enough! we end up didnt go and visit the lake, the guide said, its very high and tiring and not enough time... you can call rodrigo and asked for extra time. so I wonder why did they sell the tour packages, when they know its too long from 6 hours?

Restaurants are ok. really.

We book 2 times dinner pick up and drop off. that cost 100usd.
On the last day we argued that we wanted to be dropped at the hard rock to get some collectible. again and again and again from the first day we reach. she said she will send us there.
the last day we told her, she said oh you can tell the driver tonight and ask them to send you there. you have time.
Then I told the driver drop us off at the hard rock we well walk back to hotel after dinner.

bet what, he drop us off at the hotel and the owner of this company asked me to pay more if we want to go hard rock and its 50 usd.

I am not recommending this tour operator, why? because they are totally ignorant or simply racists.

4  Thank beautifulmatters
RodrigoAtuesta, Owner at Impulse Travel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Selphie,

We always take customer feedback seriously as our way to fulfill the top service we are committed to. However I must say we, as a team, disagree with your opinion on our service and there are many things that you, and other customers reading this opinion must take into account.

When you where quoting initially I told you the car models available and prices. You choose the budget one. You had a complaint about space and we upgraded at no charge.

The itinerary, inclusions and name of the places visited was very clear. We make part of the tour walking but we have no problem switching for car transport. Just ask our staff. About emeralds, you knew the name of the gallery we where taking you. We assume the mistake that the guide was not clear about that part. Regarding charge, It was free that day.

Yes, you hired night transport for 2 hours each night. You where aware of the time limitation and we even gave extra time with no charge, but we could not go as far as taking you all the way to hard rock café and wait there for free. Thus we offered an extra for that and you where ok with just being dropped off at the hotel.

We all feel terrible about being deemed as "ignorant and racists". We really made all that was on our reach to help you have great time in Colombia. Please receive my excuses on behalf of all. I believe it was all down to a lack of assertive communication from both. Please give us the opportunity to make it up next time in Colombia and show you why our customers have been very thankful.