“A lot of character”

Ranked #132 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
Pflugerville, Texas
“A lot of character”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel La Mansion. The hotel is located in a very safe neighborhood in Bogota. The hotel is very beautiful inside, all the way from the reception desk to the room. I would describe it in one word: elegant. The interior of the hotel has a lot of character. The room had plenty of space and was well decorated. The bathroom was a bit small, but was in great shape. We loved everything about the room, but the carpet was a little bit on the worn side. The internet speed was 20MB, which is very fast compared to other hotels I've stayed at. Service was as good, if not better, than any other hotel where I have lodged. I would most definitely stay here again on my next visit to Bogota.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend. As soon as we arrived, the manager came out to greet us and help us with our bags. Don't be fooled by the exterior - it is unassuming but the inside of the hotel is charming and nice. There is a courtyard with a garden area and a fountain with hammocks. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They made sure that our every need was taken care of. I happened to have a phone on me, and we called the hotel when we were out in the town and they called us a cab to pick us up from where we were. Additionally, the hotel has a restaurant with good food at reasonable prices. There is a business center area with a computer in case you don't have a personal laptop or device to bring, but we used the hotel's wifi which never failed us. Our room was comfortable, a bit small but had every necessity. There was even a hairdryer which I did not find at any other hotel we stayed at in Colombia. (There was no iron, fyi, but that's not important.) The cab ride from the airport to the hotel cost about 25,000 COP. I will say that the hotel is a bit far from the tourist areas, about 20 mins. and 15,000 COP from Candelaria. However, this wasn't a problem since we felt safer taking cabs everywhere (the public transportation, in my view, isn't very good in Bogota) and thus didn't feel like this was a problem. I would 100% recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was located right next to the business center and restaurant and is one of the first rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights this past week in La Mansión and from the moment we arrived we felt right at home. Despite our early arrival after a morning flight from Medellín Zuly and her genuinely attentive staff welcomed us, provided us breakfast and got us into a lovely room looking over the patio garden.

A 25 min cab ride from the airport on a Sat. morning, the location is excellent for travelers looking for quiet neighborhood to return to after exploring this vast & bustling city. There is easy access to markets, Transmilenio public bus, & ATM all within a 10 min or less walk. A sweet park is just around the block and the trendy Parque 93 is a nice 15-20 min walk.

We loved our room & the breakfast was just right to get us going for the day. The inn serves meals all day which makes it convenient for those times when your travel plans leave you no time to catch a proper meal.

We loved La Mansión so much that we booked an extra night for this weekend when we return for a flight out of Bogotá. When we're in Bogotá this will be home for us!

¡Muchísimas gracias Zuly, Kelmi y a todos!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank xyzava
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a gem in the middle of the hectic life of the Columbian Capital. The staff is very knowledgeable and always ready to accomodate. The building is historic and the architecture outstanding. The rooms are confortable and each obe has a different style. You feel transported back in time, without giving up the modern confort. In addition, it is not very far away from the city centre. I highly recommend it, wheather you visit Bogota for business or vacations.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ottawa815
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed for one night and the place was nice, the interior design is the old fashion type but very charming, with its garden, the hammacas, well located, near the calle 100, sorrounding parks outside. The staff was very friendly.Definetly i will come in a future!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alex R
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel was amongst the most comfortable we have stayed in anywhere. It is unimposing from the street, but inside, very attractive, clean and comfortable. The service was excellent and the food in the dining room, very good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Westminster, California
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was my 17th trip to Colombia in the last 9 years. just finished staying eight (8) nights at the Hotel La Mansion. It is located in a safer area of Bogota and although it was a little farther away from the airport compared to where I have stayed before, the overall value truly offset it. The Hotel was very clean and well kept. The room was a tad small, however it worked well for me. Little things I noticed missing were a Pen and Pad to write with. They were stingy with the soap, the plastic drinking cup in my room was never replaced. However these are things I am sure help keep costs down. Security was good and the personnel at the reception area were very helpful and attentive to all my needs. The included breakfast was only "OK" but again it met my needs. The one really nice thing was how quite it was after about 10:00 pm. I read a review that said it looked like a ordinary house from the outside. Remember you are in Colombia South America where your neighbors home may have a Grocery Store operating from the lower floor of their home. One additional plus was the Colombian State Building next door that had armed guards with automatic weapons stationed outside 24/7. Would I stay there again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with a Window facing Outside as there are some I noticed that had interior windows on...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo