“keeping up appearences - horrible”
Review of Hotel Augusta

Hotel Augusta
Ranked #80 of 269 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Small and dark rooms without aircondition, dirty carpet, very small bathroom - not able to open the door fully, spa and gym in remodelation so we weren't able to use it, but payed the full price, could hear our room neighbours television and either if he was using the toilet or snorring during night,
in the morning we had to wait for being seated because all tables were occupied, breakfast buffet is ok.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank guest486
Hotel_Augusta_Bogota, General Manager at Hotel Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

It's satisfying for us to have customers like you . Therefore, we appreciate the time you spent on leave your comments in our satisfaction survey, be sure we're going to include your disagreements in continuous Hotel Augusta improvement actions.

We hope for your future visit, we can assist you with the care and professionalism that identifies our staff and you could fully enjoy our facilities.

Likewise, we apologize for the inconvenience presented during you stay in our hotel.

Thank you for choosing us as your rest choice in Bogotá.

Have a good Day

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised on arrival at the Hotel Augusta. The staff were very friendly and insisted on helping us with our bags out of the taxi into the reception area.

The hotel decor overall is modern and well maintained. We found our room very comfortable & clean the only downside was that it was a little small but I think that is to be expected.

I would stay here again if I return to Bogota.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2013

For seeing the Gold Museum and other museums within walking distance, the Hotel Augusta was good. The staff was friendly and the breakfast good with eggs to order and a fruit and pasty buffet. Every morning there we several hot items. The beds were hard, the rooms dark and the towels inadequate. Every day (4) we had to request more towels, more toilet tissue, more soap. The shower was uneven and never drained. The bathroom was large, as was the shower, but not very attractive. There was no place to put anything in the bathroom. It was cold while we were there so they sent us a space heater. The beds were covered with plastic sheets. I ripped that off the first night since it was very uncomfortable. I felt like I was in the Sleep Cheap with a sheet like this on the bed. We were advised not to go out at night unles we took a cab. The hotel is in Candalalaria, which is not the safest area at night. The location was fine for us for what we wanted to do. I would not stay in this area on my next visit, but it was great for visiting museums and tourist attractions. I'd give the hotel a solid average.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has plenty of light.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Planner
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here as part of a tour group and, as with all hotels where we stayed in Colombia, the room sizes varied from tiny (one way passing with mimimal space for luggage), to nice sized suites--all on the same floor and next to one another. So, be sure to ask for a larger room if you’re not satisfied with the one assigned. (Since I was on a tour I don’t know if the cost of the rooms vary with size, so be sure to ask.) They give free drink coupons for the first night, which is a nice touch. The breakfasts were OK, with eggs cooked to order. The location is good if you want to be in the Candelaria area (old Bogota) near the Gold Museum and the Plaza Mayor.

Room Tip: If you get assigned a small room, ask for a larger one, after checking price differential if any.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank junawally
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I give an 8 for this hotel! Thanks to the porter who gave a free adapter for the voltage so i could load my phone and camera. I will definately come back if i return to bogota. Good service! Also a good location.in the center of la candelaria which is bogota's niciest neigboorhood.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Theladyofrage
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights, it is a very fair and very helpful choise as it in walking distance to all the museums in the city center. Rooms are clean, big enough and breakfast is ok.At night if you want to go to zana rosa or zona t crab a taxi (30 minutes 15000)

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank DimitrisKouts
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights, and I really enjoyed my stay. Overall, the staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful. There was one man at the front desk who was very rude, but he was an exception.

My room was always clean, it was a very nice size and the WIFI worked great. I had no complaints about the temperature of the room, and the water was always hot when I needed it.

The area isn't the best, but it is pretty centrally located around some cool shops, plazas and museums (Museo del Oro is just a few blocks away). There's a little shoe store right around the corner that sells handmade leather shoes for a great deal! I think I went there three or more times during my stay. There's plenty of places to eat close by, and the hotel has a decent restaurant. The hotel restaurant doesn't serve typical Colombian food, but they had pretty good Italian food.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends