“Noisy hotel”
Review of Blue Suites Hotel

Blue Suites Hotel
Ranked #107 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Got two buildings that start at 7am. Terrible noise. Monday to Saturday.
At least March 2014 construction will continue. If want a place to rest please discard it.
Got park 93, shopping malls, computer malls. Can walk securely

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Subgerencia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Guest.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, the neighborhood is experiencing a construction boom for the excellent economic situation in the country and the city.

We regret that you were unable to fully enjoy your stay, our team strives to compensate with excellent service and facilities.

Soon the buildings around will finalized and therefore we invite you back to choosing as your home in Bogota.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Really nice hoel, with awesome staff. The people working there are really friendly and helpfull.They helped us with all our plaings in visiting bogota, explaine a lot of staff to us and they did all that with a smily on their faces. They even served us some local drinks against a cold free of charge when i got sick.

The room was nice too, we booked a Junior Suite with had a lot of space, was very clean and neewly build or renovated.

The breakfast was just awesome. They served a lot of local Breakfast dishes, fruits, different breads and made fresh eggs...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bens9

Dear guest

On behalf of the entire team of the Hotel BLUE SUITE, appreciate your excellent comments.

It is our pleasure to serve you in all your requirements, our qualified staff is always ready to meet all your needs. Exceptional details that combine to offer an excellent quality / price ratio.

We work every day to always deliver the best. Our guarantee is a commitment to service.

We hope to assist you in future stays. Thanks for choosing us as your home in Bogotá.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located in a very convenient neighborhood. It's nice and safe to take a cab or simply walk around although there is a lot of road and building construction going on right now.
The rooms are modern, comfortable and well equipped even without air conditioning, which you don't need in Bogotá. If you really need a/c in this city then call the hotel ahead and spare yourself the disappointment of finding out that it's not a norm in this city.
Now for the service, I could go on and on about how absolutely outstanding it is in this hotel. From ths front desk, Laura and Carlos Saul will always pick up the phone and answer your questions, not to mention that Wilmer will go out of his way to find what you need at any time and always greet you with a smile.
Service is so unbelievable that I will have a hard time going back to the US to be met with the usual disdain of most hotel employees there. These team sets a really high bar in that respect.
Also Camilo at the restaurant, always courteous and attentive to my requests.
The only fault here is mine, that I can't go back soon enough.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank anapaulacuervo
Subgerencia, Gerente at Blue Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear, Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and share your pleasent experience with us, we work every day in offering an excelent service in order to our guests really feel like home.
In refference to the construccion issues is compleatly out of our hands to lessen the impact but we are constanly working with the personal in charge of this construction to avoid or minimize the high impact over the confort and well-being of our guests.
We hope to have you again soon, and keep providing you our best service

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very good place! Small hotel with some 40 suites. Service is efficient and friendly. Rooms and restrooms are clean. Breakfast is also good. Safe and friendly transportation to the airport. Reasonable prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Subgerencia, Gerente at Blue Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with BLUE SUITES HOTEL, it is for us a pleasure to meet your expectations , as well as our location and attention that were positive for your stay. We look forward to your next visit and have the pleasure to assist you again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights in late March and early April.
The geographic location of the hotel was very good it was a short walk from restaurants, bars etc. The room was a very good size and had a modernish feel about it. I think they are trying to go "green" because the room had no climate control. Even though Bogota is a bit chilly at night during the day it can get warm and because it is overcast many days...HUMID. I'm always hot so I prefer AC. Even though it was a business trip for me, my girlfriend tagged along. Well..there is substantial construction and the window in the bathroom is not frosted. The construction workers across the way got great views of her while she showered. She even commented that they would stop working to check her out. She was a good sport about it though I could see why this could be disturbing for others. Another issue with the construction was that it could get loud in the morning and prevented us from sleeping in late.
Traffic is a major issue in front of hotel. A taxi had to ask me to get out and walk a few blocks to hotel cause he just couldnt make it to the hotel one day and the day I left the bell hop and I had to walk out with my luggage a few blocks to the main street to get a taxi because cars were basically parked on the street where the hotel was located and werent moving.
The staff was quite nice and breakfast was good. I travel a lot and for the price I thought this fine choice. The main issue for the this hotel is the traffic which makes it almost inaccessible, maybe once the construction is completed in the area it will improve. Overall I was pleased.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Subgerencia, Gerente at Blue Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest:

thanks for your opinion definitely our location is in one of the best neighborhood in the city, and the traffic is a major issue due to construction surround us, in a few months it will improve leaving our hotel with the best development buildings in the zone. Please contact us for your next trip to Bogota this is your home in the city.

SMALL DETAILS, BIG DIFFERENCE

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is located in the middle of an area the is virtually under reconstruction. It is noisy. The hotel is not for tourist - - -it is strictly a business hotel. The rooms have no air circulation - - - no air conditioning, no fan and the only way to get fresh air is to open the sliding door or a window.
I was on the first floor (rooms starting with the number 200) and my "patio" shared a common exterior walkway with easy access from other patios on the same side of the hotel and on the same floor. Anybody could easily get from patio to patio. On the 2 days I was there, the patio door was left unlocked by the staff. This made the room easily accessible from the common
"patio" walk way.
Although this hotel is fairly new, they did not insulate the drain pipes going down the room walls.
When the upstairs room occupant flushed the toilet or took a shower, it sounded like you where under a water fall.
If you are a tourist, or a business traveler, I would stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fritz H
Subgerencia, Gerente at Blue Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Fritz,

First of all, I want a thank you for your valuable comments, as one of the owners from the Blue Suites hotel I want to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay.

I want a take the opportunity to explain, that our second floor is a high floor and NOT A LOWER FLOOR, unfortunately during your stay a construction was being done by on of our neighbors which IS TODAY FINISH leaving are hotel premises with not noise at all.

Our neighborhood is one of the best, safest and most expensive in the city on Bogotá, which offers security, nice restaurants and walking distance to major malls and business centers; offering to all our costumers A NICE AND COMFORTABLE STAY.

As for our air circulation in our second floor rooms, we have design sliding doors from floor to ceiling for air ventilation and circulation, for the purpose of turning or hotel GREEN (without the need of air condition).

Our guests are tourist and business people and they love the second floor with our green patios that gives a green ambient FOCUSING IN GREEN SOLUTIONS.

We hope to see you soon again and please contact us on our website or e-mail.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

First of all, at the time of this review, this hotel is for some mysterious reason listed in the "B&B and Inns" category on TripAdvisor. I have no idea why that is the case. I have sent email to TA informing them of the mis-categorization, but received no follow up to date. Blue Suites is a hotel, no doubt about it, and should not be listed as a "B&B" or an "Inn". It is a *hotel* and should be categorized accordingly.

That said, this hotel lived up to the reviews and to my expectations. The location was good. I had wanted to stay near Parque 93, but the hotels that are closer were appreciably more expensive than Blue Suites. So I decided to stay here and walk the extra few blocks to get to the park when I wanted to go. As it turned out, the walk was pretty easy and I felt safe when making the short trek, even at night. No worries. There was a lot of construction going on in the lots immediately surrounding the hotel, so I am not sure what will be there in the future.

As for the hotel itself, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I could not have asked for more from them, and was happy with this aspect of my stay. The room I chose was the base suite, so it was essentially just a large room with a couch in it. There was limited drawer space for clothing, which for a longer stay like mine was made things a little less convenient. But not a huge problem really. The room and the bathroom were very clean and in good condition. A hair dryer is provided and I never had a problem with the water or anything else in the room. There was a safe in the closet and I used it to keep my passport and other items secured while I was out. No problems there either. A couple of times during my stay the lady who cleaned my room would forget to leave a hand towel or a bath towel, but a simple call to the front desk would result in a relacement within a short amount of time. The room did not come with an iron or an ironing board, but like with the towels, a call to reception resulted in an acceptable solution.

The other item to note about this hotel is the carpeting in the room and in the hallways on the upper floors (the lobby is good quality tile). This carpeting is of plush style. I found this a bit unusual for a hotel because plush carpeting does not hold up well to high traffic, which is what you have in a hotel. During my stay the carpeting was still new and therefore it was a nice, refreshing change from what you usually see in a hotel. I liked the push carpeting actually. My only concern is, as I mentioned, the long term viability of this choice. Unless this carpeting is replaced every 3 or 4 years, I suspect that it will become dingy and nasty, which would make your stay a lot less enjoyable. Perhaps that is the hotel's plan: periodic replacement. If so, it's a good choice. If they plan to keep this carpeting for the long term, that would not be a good decision. But as I said, during my stay it was still in good condition, so thumbs up from me.

Wi-Fi in the room was average. Sometimes it would work well, other times it was slow and even inoperative. As a computer engineer, I used a few tools on my laptop to attempt to determine the source of the problem, but wasn't able to pinpoint it exactly. It appeared to be a problem with the hardware that the hotel was using, as a few of the available networks would show intermittent online statuses. Hopefully they'll get that corrected, as free Wi-Fi that is of consistent and excellent quality is an important factor in selecting a hotel.

The hotel restaurant was a bit dark, as was the hotel bar. It could use a little more lighting in general. That said, the quality of food was excellent and the chef produced a tasty meal the one night I ate there. The cost of that meal was expensive in my opinion, but then again most everything in Bogota is expensive, so the pricing was inline with what you would find at a decent quality restaurant elsewhere in Parque 93 or Zona Rosa. Their daily breakfast was just ok, nothing to write home about. The selection was small, including fruits, breads and pork. Despite the small selection the breakfast quality was good and included cooked-to-order eggs.

The only real negative to this hotel was that despite my clear statements that I was buying iced tea, water and sodas at a local supermarket and using the mini-bar refrigerator to keep them cold, I was still charged for items that were supposedly taken from the mini-bar, even though I didn't do that. So that was annoying. Also, the final price was more expensive than what I was quoted through booking.com, but I suspect that the difference was the 16% tax and the city tax. I tried to ask the receptionist about this difference, but he didn't speak much English and all of the prices and items on the final bill were in COP and Spanish. So I just gave up, paid the total cost (to include the mystery mini-bar items that I never consumed) and left. I didn't want to argue about stuff and miss my return flight. Hopefully Blue Suites can train their housekeeping staff a little better in the future to know how to take inventory such that there aren't any missing towels or claims of items taken from the mini-bar that weren't actually taken.

Therefore overall I'm giving this hotel 4 out of 5 in my rating. I would have given it all 5 if I hadn't been charged for the mini-bar items that I didn't actually consume and if the final bill was more clear with what I was being charged for. Perhaps the hotel could develop a version that contained English to explain each line item. That would have been helpful, as would have been a receptionist that spoke more English. Granted, I was leaving at 5 am, so I wasn't surprised by that result. The receptionists who were on duty during the normal working hours did speak decent English.

I would stay there again in the future and recommend the hotel. However, ask them about their Wi-Fi first and do even more to make your intentions with respect to the mini-bar clear while you are staying there. I'd also recommend leaving during more favorable working hours if you want an explanation of the bill that you can understand, assuming that your Spanish is as basic as mine was/is.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jerry L
Subgerencia, Gerente at Blue Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your valuable comments, this helps to improve our operation and service. The constructions in our neighborhood are mainly multinational companies building there offices around us finishing in a couple of months.

As you said "WE ARE A HOTEL" on your next trip we will make sure you have a bigger closet and iron board wich we do have. Taxes are not included in most our rates, and the inconvenience with the minibar we are check in our cameras to detect what happened during your stay.

WiFi is one our main concerns, each guests has a free and good signal based on our contract with TELMEX who offers a band to our hotel of 4.2 GB wich is more than enough to cover 40 rooms and ample venues (100m² /1,076 Sq. Feet) that may be conveniently rearranged to meet our client’s social or business needs.

Thank you again for your comments and hope to see you soon.