“Average at best” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Lord

Hotel Lord
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bogota
Hotel Lord
Ranked #232 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Phoenix, Arizona
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

A Colombian friend of a friend took me here when I arrived in Bogota. It was late at night and I stayed here because I didn't want to impose on my host (by asking to see other places). The only room they had left was facing the busy street it's located on. I put in earplugs, but couldn't sleep past about 630am. I went down to their dining room and had the breakfast, which was adequate. There was plenty of hot water for a shower. The bed was OK. The room was very worn, needing new carpet and paint. It wasn't cheap, either... US$45, although this was a room designed for 2-3 people, and they charged me by the room, not by the number of people. Check-out time was fairly late here (I think it's 2pm). So I packed my suitcase and was ready to leave, but left everything in my room while I went out and looked around for another place. I would not stay here again unless there were nothing else available. I have stayed at other places in Bogota for around US$25 a night that were similar to this. If you can get rates that the other reviewer on here says he is getting, then perhaps it's worth it, but only if you can get a room that doesn't face the street.

Room Tip: As far away from the street as you can get, and not near the dining room
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank maynard7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

The hotel is used by many Colombians as well as other people of the world, the price is convenient and you get breakfast included for the price with good options (more local options), it is very close to one of the stops of Transmilenio and then it is easy to get to the center or to go to Portal Norte to take the bus to Zipaquirá. Twenty minutes from zona T. The staff is helpfull and the local calls are included. Safe during the day but keep an eye when dark. I had no problem anyways. Clean, hot water, cable and good beds.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

I discovered the Hotel Lord while walking through the Chapinero area...went in for a look..and quickly moved here from the hotel at which i was previously staying. If you're a traveler looking for excellent budget accommodation, this hotel is ideal. I'm paying 45,000 pesos a night for a very clean room with a good bed, lots of hot water, and an excellent breakfast in the morning included. The Hotel Lord is almost directly next to a Transmilenio bus stop and within walking distance of all places in Chapinero. It is a very professionally managed hotel, not focused on foreign tourists, but instead on Colombian business travelers. English is not spoken here, but they are very accommodating and friendly. I highly recommend this place. The area on nearby Caracas Ave at late night is considered dangerous by some people (Caracas runs through the entire Chapinero area), so single female travelers may want to take this into consideration if they plan to be out after midnight.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo