“If I could give it more stars I would”
Review of Bistronomy 70

Bistronomy 70
Ranked #273 of 2,664 Restaurants in Bogota
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bistronomy: Contraction of the words "Bistro" & "Gastronomy" The concept combines in itself an informal etiquette in a basic Bistro decor serving quality cuisine with a touch of gastronomical audacity, at a relatively low price. Historically, it all started when haute cuisine masters, decided to use their talents in the casual atmosphere of a bistro, rather than face the expense, pressure, and fierce competition of fighting for the Michelin Stars. Bistronomy became a real trend, even though we still simply call these restaurants "Bistros". The concept today is simpler, offering a more relaxed way to enjoy gourmet cuisine for lunch or dinner.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was one of our best experiences dining in a long time. The service was awesome and made us feel important. I studied wines to emerge from the ignorance bubble and if I have learned something is to identify wine snobs, and trust me there are plenty. Well, I probably met the best and nicest sommelier within Bistronomy 70. It was a pleasure to talk about wine and FINALLY have someone to actually recommend based on a great conversation.

I do have to say that the fish I asked, although great, lacked of a certain punch. The rest of the people that were there with us, gave it a 10/10. It is truly balanced regarding what you pay and what you get.

But we left with a smile and the desire to go back. Rausch brothers have done it again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice and friendly place with a nice atmosphere too.
Service is indeed excellent but that is no surprise in a city like Bogota where excellent service has become a trademark.
T
Cannot finish my review without recommending the Hungarian goulasch. Absolutely fantastic. This delikatessen is served with German spaetzle. It cannot get better.
A must go.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Having been to the other bistronomy in usaquen, my fiancee and i decided to try things out in the zona g's venue. The ambiance is pleasant for couples (it is a bit on the dark side illumination wise) and the live music was a definite plus. After enjoying our meal we were very sattisfied with everything and now we are convinced that the food is better than in usaquen. For starters we shared some popcorn shrimp (which are panko battered shrimp) and a toulouse sausage served on a bed of green lentils. The shrimp's batter was perfect (didnt separate from the meat, didnt crumble and was crispy) and the sauce that came with them (a tartar variation with capers) was delicious. As for the sausage, you could tell that it was homemade and it had the right texture, with no fatty bits; the lentils were nicely spiced and cooked. For mains we had veal marsala and a cassoulet, both of which were very tasteful. The veal was soft and had been properly browned before simmering and the cassoulet was enriched by generous servings of lamb, pork, and sausage; the white beans were not over or under cooked. My only complaint is that i would make it less brothy. For dessert we ordered a key lime pie which was not the traditional US recipe (in this case it was more of a combination of tarte au citron with flambeed meringue and a homemade biscuit crust) but was superb in flavour and texture. The prices are medium so the quality/price ratio is great.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This restaurant is by far a combination of amazing cuisine and the best atmosphere. Definitely a must in Bogota.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The restaurant has only been open four months and Marc Rausch a celebrity chef in Bogota is running the place. When we arrived (I recommend a reservation which we had), the place was packed with business people, locals and parties. The tables are simple and a bit cramped. Service started out slow but improved throughout the evening. We started with risotto parmesan cheese balls which were really delicious and looked very labor intensive to make. These were accompanied by a marinara sauce. The chiccharones were also nice and not greasy and enough for the entire table. The bar made very good martinis and the restaurant has a nice South American centric wine list. We had a delicious malbec Rose from Argentina which worked with our entire meal. The langostinos Thai style were flavorful with curry and lemon grass but in actuality these were only shrimp (not langostinos) and served with basmati rice. The Bistronomy salad was full of mesclun, artichoke hearts, tomatoes with a housemade vinaigrette. The problem was tough bits of steak were strewn throughout the salad and the kitchen left out the avocado but brought after I mentioned it. Servers were friendly too. One drawback is the place is so dark you cannot read the menu without your mobile phone light. I might return in a few months to see if the place improves. There is something for every taste on the menu but I am afraid they are trying to do too much and therefore, every dish will not be quality. Perhaps they should pare the menu down.