“A true 5 Stars Hotel”

JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
Ranked #1 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Everyone was so friendly. The rooms have the best entertainment system I've seen, are well decorated and have everything you need for guests. The service of the staff of the hotel is spectacular, the food is delicious. The room included breakfast, which is buffet. It is located in one of the best areas of Bogota. In the hotel there are the taxis that can take you anywhere in the city.
I was with my wife the night of June 1, 2013 and we really liked this hotel. This is one of those places where it will be a pleasure to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Camilo R
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear guest, it is wonderful to know that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that all the details such as the entertaining system, decoration and food along with the service we provide were factors in making you feel completely welcomed. We thank you for choosing us and know that it will be a pleasure to host you on your next visit to Bogota

Write a ReviewReviews (2,127)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The property is impressive, despite a surprisingly small footprint and an unprepossessing mid-block location. The detailing throughout is beautiful, lending a luxury feel. The street floor bar opens to a fantastic outdoor deck. Personnel are attentive, animated, and interested in their guests. We especially appreciated the services of the concierge--whose desk is occupied well into the eventing. Consider the executive floor, which we found to be a good deal.

We throughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GuillermoAngel

Dear guest, thank you for your kind comment. We are glad that the establishments of the hotel were pleasing to you and that the service of our associates was up to your standard, please know that the satisfaction of our guests is not just a job but something we cherish strive to achieve. It is great to know you chose to enjoy the perks of our executive floor for an additional JW experience. We hope to have you once again and thank you for the time you took to let us know about your stay with us.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've stayed on two occasions and was very pleased both times. The hotel staff are bilingual and very helpful. The rooms are comfortable with turndown service each night. I actually peeked under the bottom sheet to see what made the bed so plush and snuggly. Location is in a safe area and conveniently located. Nice fitness center with indoor lap pool is a plus. The food in the hotel is excellent, and a Juan Valdez Cafe is attached to the corner of the building with a dedicated sidewalk for safe passage back and forth.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest, thank you for your visit to the JW Marriott and it is nice to know that you have stayed with us before. It is great to know that your overall experience with us has been a pleasant one. We are glad that our beds provide you with the best rest possible and that you got the chance to enjoy our Health Club. We hope to have you again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My first time at the Bogota JW Marriott. It's a fantastic Hotel with all top quality services. Staff very well trained and great with customer service. The Bar and entertainment terrace is quite differen and very nice with excellent music and good environment. Breakfast is fantastic with all kind of fruits, pastries and the Omelete station fantastic. I will be highly recommend the JW Marriott Bogota to any one and after many years of staying in different Hotels in Bogota this is in the top. Well done. Rodrigo Trujillo

Room Tip: All rooms are sound proof but the North side with the Mountain view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest, thank you very much for your wonderful comment. Thank you for trying us out and it is very nice to know that the JW Marriott is at the top of your list in all the other hotels in Bogota. We are glad you enjoyed the food and the establishments of the hotel. We hope you can visit us again and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 nights at this very well managed and proud hotel. The location is the safest in Bogota and definitely the cleanest. The room service and morning Buffett were excellent and the rooms were very clean. Turn down service with a different mint or chocolate and pillow oils every day was very much appreciated! The staff was always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Spur2012,
Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott on your visit to Bogota. It is pleasing to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and that the customer service we provided made for an all excellent experience. There is nothing more gratifying than the satisfaction of our guests so small details like the mints, the chocolates and the amenities at turn down are just our way of offering a pleasing stay. We hope you can visit us again in the future and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have decidedly mixed views on the JW Marriott. When I was actually staying there, I was a big fan despite some minor complaints. The location is excellent, right between Zona T and Zona G. The rooms are luxurious and comfortable- I stayed on the concierge floor and had a spectacular view of the city. The concierge lounge was a great place to have afternoon drinks or meet up with colleagues. The basement gym and sauna/pool were modern and clean. Some of the hiccups though were pretty frustrating- for one, the keycard de-magnetized at least 8 times during my 2-week stay. Each time I had to traipse back to the front desk for a new card, sometimes waiting over 5 minutes as they checked on other guests. This got old really fast, as I never knew if my card would actually work in the elevator or in the room. The concierge floor has a dedicated staff member there- but they were probably absent more often than they were actually there. It seemed like every time I actually needed someone, they were nowhere to be found and I had to go to the front desk. But if I didn't need anything, lo and behold they were there. More consistent staffing would go a long way. The maid service was good, except for the time they left my room wide open for hours. Apparently the mini-bar staff neglected to close my door. Luckily nothing was missing- they apologized, but it didn't exactly inspire confidence.
The real fun began after I returned home and tried to submit the receipt to my employer for reimbursement. Apparently foreigners are not subject to the 16% IVA tax- even though I gave them my foreign address over the phone when I made the reservation and checked in with my US passport, they neglected to inform me of this and charged me the tax anyway. The proper thing to do would be to proactively provide me with the form at check-in. Two of my colleagues actually did ask about this, and they were incorrectly informed that it was obligatory for all guests. Either the front desk staff were wildly uninformed, or deceitful, or simply lazy- either way, it reflects terribly on the hotel. My bill also included a $3 per day per person Insurance Fee. Apparently this is an optional charge that you can decide to not pay- but no one ever tells you this. It's buried in the fine print when you check in, but it would be a simple courtesy to explain this to guests. If you're staying a night or two, it's no big deal. If you're staying 2-7 weeks, then it certainly adds up. Both of these charges caused the bill to go over per diem, meaning that I had to pay out of pocket. I've called the hotel at least 8 times trying to resolve this. At first they seemed helpful and agreed to refund the charges- but each time I call, I get the run-around and they refuse to send me the forms I need to fill out to process the refund. They have now stopped answering my e-mails entirely, which is really just disappointing and shocking from a customer service standpoint. I would have expected better out of a large international chain such as the JW Marriott. The JW in Bogota is really just a huge embarassment, and you'd be better off taking your business elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank briguy2012
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear guest,
We appreciate your feedback as it shows us a way to better our service in every way. Please know that magnetic key cards do tend to demagnetize if they are placed by any electronic devise. That might have been a reason why this was caused. However, we will check with our supplier as such things should not be happening. We apologize for the mishap regarding the open door and please know that it is not that we neglected to close it but we will make sure our associates are more careful when they are finished servicing your room. In regards to the 16% tax it is a law that was passed a couple of weeks before your arrival and there were still many questions regarding the procedures to follow. We have already sent you the paperwork to fill out in order for us to make a full refund of your money. We hope you understand that we did not do this out of bad faith as we try to keep our service to you as transparent as you deserve. Once again, thank you for letting us know about such mishaps as it is the only way we can provide and impeccable service.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Fantastic hotel... Nothing to complain about... Everything was great and as expected from a JW Marriott...

Great rooms. Great gym and pool... Great food in the Restaurant... Great exec lounge...

Overall fantastic experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear guest,
It is nice to know that we fulfilled all your expectations as what a JW Marriott should be. We are glad that every aspect of the hotel contributed to a “fantastic experience”. Thank you for your comment and we hope to have you with us once again.