“The Only Choice In Bogota”

JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
Ranked #1 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
New York City, New York
“The Only Choice In Bogota”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The hotel is first-rate, in every respect. All of the staff are courteous and professional. I am always remembered and greeted by name. The staff at the executive desk on the ninth floor are always accommodating of even the most obscure request. During numerous visits, I have been upgraded. My most recent visit was my eighth, to this splendid property. The location is convenient to shopping and dining venues. The location is safe. I would never choose to stay anywhere else, when visiting Bogota.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven H
Elisabeth_Ospina, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for your kind comment. It is good to know you found our service exceptional as this is a trait we truly strive for.
We thank you for the time you took to let us know about your stay and we hoe to have you back again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We chose this hotel because Marriott is always a guarantee of quality, it didn't disappoint at all, is elegant, the room was spacious, the staff spoke good English, not very common in many hotels in Colombia. The breakfast is hearty, communication with the city is good and has a gym espctacular. I recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy a little luxury

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VNRCK
GOOD DAY,
We are happy to know you had a great experience with us finging us up to standard with other Marriotts and that our facilities were of your total satisfaction.
May we recommend you approach the concierge's desk on your next visit to find out about great tours offered around this wonderful city.
London
Reviewed November 11, 2011

When you arrive to find you have been upgraded to a suite you know things are going to be good. This is a truly impressive hotel with lovely bar areas in the lobby and a Juan Valdez cafe as well. My room (suite) was amazing - and I imagine regular rooms would be too. The bathroom is beautifully appointed with luxurious touches (including a pillow menu!). The toiletries were lovely (including mini bath salts with a little cork). The service was impeccable. I also had access to a bar on the 9th floor simple meal options (buffet style) and beverages free - although only partook one night for a nightcap. If you are worried about travelling in Bogota the security is also fantastic. Truly flawless... I have only one tip... for english tea drinkers (and this is for anywhere in Bogota and excusable since it's a coffee country)... when you order tea, specify you want "hot water" and order "cold milk" separately (otherwise you'll get a hot milk tea latte).

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear guest,
It is rewarding to know that or efforts to make you feel just right are not in vain.
Thank you for yout feedback on the tea and we will certainly check up on this.
We are very greatful for your wonderful comment and hope to serve you again in the near future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located near the financial district and world class restaurant district of Zona G. Several large malls are within minutes by cab for your shopping pleasure. The JW Marriott is a wonderful upscale hotel that is a good choice for travelers who desire first rate comfortable rooms and food. The issues I had during my stay at this hotel is that I was surprised they do not accept Marriott Reward points for stays. I was told by management that they are trying to change this issue but I must say I was quite surprised considering they are a J W Marriott. The check in staff at this particular hotel varies on experience working the check in process. I booked my stay on line and realized I could have gotten a better rate and asked for it upon check-in but the staff working there at the time wouldn't attempt to give me the better rate even though it was available. I have stayed at numerous Marriott's throughout the world and they always seemed more than happy to try and accommodate a Marriott Rewards Gold member. The room I had during my stay was on the concierge business floor level and my room was comfortably appointed and quite large. The only issue I had was the room I was assigned to had a co-joining door to the room next to mine and I couldn't sleep at night because I could actually hear the occupants through the door and wall in the room talking on SKYPE very late into the night. I only stayed in the hotel for one night during this trip or I would have asked to be moved to another room with more privacy. Travelers to Colombia should be aware that hotels in general will bill each guest with a hotel insurance tax. You can tell them that you do not desire to pay the tax if you are a foreign guest and it will be removed from your bill. Travelers should also be aware that the heavy taxes you pay in Colombia on hotel rooms, food and personal purchases can be reimbursed at the El Dorado Airport (DIENA) when you file a claim. This usually takes about two weeks so save all those receipts and take the time to do it before you board your flight. I talked to the General Manager's staff at the hotel about my issues and he assured me they would be corrected. I would stay at this hotel again with no problems.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the rooms on the business floor to the right of the elevators because those rooms hav...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Jacob H
Rodolfo S, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, October 5, 2016
Dear Jacob H:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities and service experience were what you expected and deserve.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Best regards,
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Last month I attended a meeting and stayed at JW Marriott Bogota where I really enjoyed the facilities and service; Location is also very good with nice restaurants walking distance.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear guest,
It makes us very glad to know that our facility meets your needs.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us ans it will be our pleasure to have you with us again soon.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This was my first trip to Colombia and South America and was a bit apprehensive about what to expect. Staying at this hotel was a great choice. It's in a good location, safe neighborhood, within walking distance of lots of shopping, restaurants, etc. The biggest danger was crossing the endlessly traffic clogged streets that don't respect pedestrians. Prior to arrival I arranged airport pick up (highly recommended and about the same cost and more convenient than taxis, especially after a long flight) and tours through Ericka, a very helpful concierge at the hotel. Her assistance was highly appreciated. The hotel is a secure, modern (I believe it's only about a year old) building with a pleasant, helpful staff, great rooms; I didn't eat at any of the hotel restaurants as there were so many (much cheaper) options in the neighborhood. I stayed in a standard king room which was very nice. Bathroom was huge, and the bedroom was quite roomy. Internet is pricey (why do all the cheap hotels have free Internet?). The tour company recommended by the hotel, Hansa Tours was great. If/when I return to Bogota, this is my first choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Elisabeth_Ospina, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for the time you have taken to comment about us.
It is quite a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed the tour and found the concierge's assistance fit for your wants. It is also fulfilling to know you liked Colombia and that you were able to experience what the country is really about.
We would love to have you visit us again and hope that next time you will take a chance to visit our restaurants, we are sure you won't regret it.
rutherford new jerser
Reviewed October 15, 2011

The Jw Marriott Bogota is classic architecture. This is a very contemporary design with beautiful lines. Food is first rate, rooms are equal to or better than most comparable priced hotels but again the Colombian people are so warm, inviting, sincere and beautiful. if you have not visited explore and witness the warmth.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Elisabeth_Ospina, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Good day,
We are glad you found the Colombian enviroment a warm and inviting one as well for the hotel's ambiance and amenities.
It is gratifying to know you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to have you visit us again soon to give us yet another change to make your next stay better than the next one.