“Absolute Perfection”

JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
Ranked #1 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I can honestly say that I can not find a single fault with this hotel. Having stayed at many hotels around the world and especially in South America, this was the finest experience I've had yet.
I booked a 1 Bedroom Suite, King, so my expectations were high that I get the experience a high cost room like this would live up to. Happy to report that, my expectations far exceeded anything I imagined.
Greeted by an amazingly friendly staff from the moment I walked up to the front entrance. Once inside the lobby I was immediately escorted up to the club level private check-in and then meet with a woman who made the check-in process enjoyable and engaging -- something that rarely occurs. There was staff available throughout this stay to eagerly help you with anything, and yet, never intrusive.
The room was large, beautifully appointed and very comfortable. The best part of the room was acutally the bathroom. Almost as large as the bedroom, it had a wonderful tub, huge shower, best quality amenities and what seemed like a dozen lighting effect choices.
Comfort of the bed was excellent. Room service was quick and delicious. Club lounge was very large, beautiful and had an endless selection of things to eat and drink all day long. The quality of the food in the lounge was of highest standard.
The common areas of the hotel were all very well maintained and beautifully appointed. If this isn't a new hotel I would be surprised because it all seemed fresh and sparkling.
There is a beautiful outdoor lounge area on the main floor with cushy seating areas. Having come from New York City which was going through an extremely cold winter, I found the experience of sitting outside in the warm air of Bogota in a gorgeous hotel, with a cool drink to be a welcome escape.
The hotel is in a great location and offers immediate private car service to anywhere you need or want to go in the city.
Like I said at the start of this review, there is not a single fault that I can find with this hotel. I highly recommend this as the place to stay in Bogota. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Suites offer the most private experiences.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank UponArrival
Rodolfo S, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2016

Dear UponArrival:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities and service experience were what you expected and deserve.

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,110)

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Great hotel, excellent service. I have stayed at the other Marriott (close to the airport), also very good property but this is a notch above. Room was very comfortable, food very good. Service in the Executive Lounge was very attentive. Will be back....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear CandyManMia:

Reviewed June 10, 2011

if you need a decent business hotel with space to entertain guests and good food as well as quick access on foot to other restaurants in the area - this is the place to go. Very new so staff motivated and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear moritz23:

Reviewed May 24, 2011

My family and I stayed at the JW Marriott Bogota in mid May and were extremely impressed with the high level of customer service received from all members of the JW Marriott Bogota hotel.
We arrived late at night with a crying two year old, and while we waited to be checked in, Jahir, a hotel employee, very kindly brought my son fruits and sweets to try to calm him down. While it may seem like a simple gesture, it was greatly appreciated by us particularly when it was unsolicited. Thank you Jahir!!
While this hotel is geared more towards business executives and the like, we were treated extremely well and felt almost as though we were home!
Special thanks to Fernando our driver who took us on a day trip to Zipaquira, Monserrate and the historical center of the capital and the concierges Edith and Juan Carlos who helped coordinate transportation during our stay. Overall a wonderful hotel experience in the middle of a chaotic and very fast paced city. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Nancy_Nyc023

Dear Nancy_Nyc023:

Reviewed May 20, 2011

A little too expensive, everything else perfect.
Food is VERY good, and is close to everything.
Colombia is great, highly recomended country.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Colomb1an

Dear Colomb1an:

Reviewed May 15, 2011

Yes, it's brand new, but still... Everything there is PERFECT! Marble bathrooms, AMAZING customer service, and a very swanky bar/restaurant... REALLY superb hotel! I'm always treated well in Bogota, but this place was above and beyond. Do not forget to check out the lap pool and hot tub - VERY cool!

Room Tip: Many premium rooms. Use your platinum status! : )
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank jeff_c130

Dear jeff_c130:

Reviewed May 11, 2011

It's a bit of a hike to downtown, but the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are wonderful, the staff is superb.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business