“Not the most exciting if you have researched.”
Review of Bogotravel Tours

Bogotravel Tours
Ranked #8 of 103 Outdoor Activities in Bogota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Excellent service - Local guides - Friendly staff. Enjoy the Best Bogota City tours with "Friendly local service" Graffiti bike tours in Bogota, Tours to Zipaquira - Salt Cathedral, Tour to Guatavita lake, Coffee plantation tours, Walking Tours in La Candelaria, tours to Villa de Leyva and City tours in/out Bogota. Also we offer the first and best Bogota Layover tours from the airport El Dorado for people who want to enjoy Bogota during a short time. Enjoy your tours with our professional service and 100% local staff. You will be totally satisfied with our tours operated by local-Colombian professional guides.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you have researched the areas surrounding La Candelaria, this tour becomes just average. As my boyfriend and I were backpacking. We made sure to research enough about the area and it's surrounding attractions. Our guide took us to a lot of places for drinks and snacks which was kind of nice. But it'd be nicer if it was included in the cost for the tour. I felt kind of jipped for the price we paid, basically. It also dragged on a lot longer than we expected..

If you do this activity, make time to rest afterwards.

All reviews
in 221 reviews
"company"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a very enjoyable way to discover some of Bogota's hidden gems and especially enjoyable on a Sunday when the Bus lanes are closed and open exclusively for cyclists only. Fernando is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable tour guide who really wants to give the tourists a fantastic experience. A great day out.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

In La Candelaria a did my bike tour with Bogotravel tours. these guys has a strong experience in colombia and Bogota.

They showed me places that i would never have seen. The history of Colombia is really interesting and my tour guide told me his familiar scars from events that happened in Colombia lot years ago.

I appreciate lot the service and the interest of my guides (Fernando - Edgar) to make me know everithing.

Thanks Bogotravel tours.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Fernando's knowledge of, and passion for, Bogota and Columbia as a whole was inspiring. The hugely enjoyable tour took us to parts of the city we would never have discovered and brought them to life. I can't recommend this tour enough.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We took two tours with Bogotravel. Up Montserrat and to Chicacque national natural area. While it is easy to go up Montserrat without a tourguide, it was actually really nice to have someone tell us the history, politics, and culture of what was around us. I recommend this tour. The trip to Chicaque was an adventure. It was about an hour long drive so we got to see the countryside and see Colombians going about their weekend activities. Chicaque is very underutilized as a tourist destination, but it is gorgeous and well-developed for "tourist comfort". There are bilingual tour guides available for about 7$US who can take you through the entire park. The tour did not include the cost of park entry or the tour guide. Chicaque requires hard hiking for several hours so be prepared for this one. You hike down the mountain for 2-3 hours, have a meal or drink at the hotel at the bottom and then can hire horses or a vehicle to bring you back up. There is also hotel rooms and camping near the bottom. There is a zipline for fun and lots of trail to explore, some with big waterfalls. The Bogotravel tour guide was nice to wait for so many hours for us to return from our hike and got us back to Bogata just fine.