“Comfortable, friendly and good position”

Hotel Continental BlueDoors
Ranked #134 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was there for 3 nights and I really enjoyed my experience there. Its very close to the Cerro Montserrate, Guadalupe, very close to restaurants, supermarket.. The people are very friendly and very smiley, they help you with everything, I even got an adaptor for my laptop for free. The breakfast is great, everyday they prepare something different specific columbian... and they have so many fruits.. Its a small piece of heaven. Our room had even a small kitchen with almost everything that we needed to cook... But just didnt have time for the gym or sauna.
the negative part would be that our view wasnt quite a view, just a huge building and some normal buildings on both sides...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had a very enjoyable stay here for three nights with family. Excellent location - Gold Museum is within easy walking distance. Spotlessly clean, simple, stylish rooms. Breakfast pleasant. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Small kitchenette allows you to prepare simple food and drinks if you need too. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms fronting the street are a little noisy. Inward-facing rooms are very quiet but a bit gloomy an...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is not a four-star hotel, but for the price and location (very near the Macarena neighborhood, which is a great spot for foodies) it is a solid choice. Very clean, spacious, and comfortable. Not luxurious by any means - no fancy free toiletries or even soft towels - but good enough and cheap. And the desk staff were friendly and very competent (they handled dining reservations and a car service for the airport). The hotel also seemed quite secure - there were two guards, at least during the early evening.

My only complaint is that there is no central heat in the rooms, and Bogota gets quite cold. They do provide a space heater, but I was a bit afraid to leave it running all night and wake up on fire. I'm sure there's a way to deal with that though, if I took a little more time to play with the heater. My only other complaint was the total lack of a view (the room faced another room), but again at this price, you're not paying for the view.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is not 4 star by western standards - but I would rate it as a good 3 star. The rooms a designed as suites, but are really too small to be suites. I have never had such a tiny bathroom! Having said this the bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. The hotel is fairly central - but on the edge of the old city - which is not the recommended area for tourists to stay. I was working with the University del Rosario which is opposite the hotel and so the location was fine for me. Despite the locals being veyr concerned for the safety of foreign visitors, we did not at any time feel unsafe and the locals were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is actually extremely nice and upon arrival I have never been so thrilled with a room. We were placed in a massive two bedroom apartment size suite for only $130 for one night. About 7 AM in the morning is when the troubles began.

First we heard a banging on our door at 7 AM while sleeping that we ignored. We then received multiple calls at 7 AM before eventually answering. the operator asked us to open the door. I refused, stating that I was sleeping and asked not to be disturbed again. A few minutes later came some more banging on the door and my friend eventually opened the door.

The staff at this time explained that we would be forcibly moved to another room due to ¨construction.¨ When I asked them to elaborate, they explained that they were working on ¨the water.¨

A few hours later, we walked in front of the hotel, only to see that in fact a commercial was being filmed in our room. We were woken up multiple times at 7 AM, forcibly moved to another room, and blatantly lied to about the reason.

The hotel did agree to provide a free nights stay as compensation for the lies and poor service. I in fact never confronted them about the fact that they had blatantly lied to me.

This review could have easily been 5 stars. The hotel is great. However, I do not appreciate being lied to, nor do I appreciate being woke up multiple times at 7 AM and forced to move to another much smaller room so that they can film a commercial.

Honesty goes a long way. Perhaps next time that would be the best policy, rather than lying.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Evancity
Reviewed February 8, 2012

If want a good nights sleep like we did after a long day in transit then this isn't the place for you. They warn about construction noise but that wasn't the problem....the noise on the street at night is very loud and made us feel a little unsafe in our surroundings. Lots of screaming and yelling all night for two nights in a row....very little sleep. Rooms are new and clean and staff helpful, but extras were added to our bill that we didn't have so watch out for that when you check out. Close to some main tourist attractions.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elissa B
A TripAdvisor Member
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Renovated and very spacious rooms/suites. In the city center near many universities. Near 2 principal TRANSMILENIO bus stations, so lots of traffic. Breakfast: service good, food limited but OK. I am an experienced traveler and knew exactly what to expect, but lots of ppl Friday nights after U's classes & noise. Needs to install insulated double-pane windows. FRI. NITE is PARTY TIME if you are into that. If you want quiet...LOOK for a hotel in the north of BOG. NOT the safest area of BOG, but close to Monserrat and museums.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com