Tapas Macarena
Ranked #83 of 2,749 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: International, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a tiny and trendy restaurant. Foodies love it because they feel at home. It is the first tapas bar in Colombia and is well known by its contemporary menu, composed by traditional Spanish tapas as tortilla de patatas, Serrano ham as well as its own creations. Tapas Macarena presents its own version of patatas bravas and they are very famous. The Serrano salad, the white fish in basil oil with asparagus and dried tomatoes, lamb burgers, baby pork cooked for 10 hours, octupus, etc. Vegetarian options. Tapas go along well with a cold beer, a glass of sangria or wine. If you want to have a unique and personalised experience come to Tapas Macarena. The invitation is to bring all the dishes to the middle of the table and share. We offer a gastronomy experience though different flavours, origins and textures. Our food is freshly presented and handmade. Our warm service is always welcoming. Reviewed by the New York Times, CNN and Lonely Planet guide.
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

With no more than about 10 tables, this is a great place for a romantic meal. The menu consists of about 40 hot and cold tapas plates, all interesting and thoughtfully designed. The waiter/host (who I assume is also the owner) made us feel very welcome and provided excellent service. I highly recommend Tapas Macarena!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'm from Bogotá, but I live in London. I really love this place because of its charming atmosphere and excellent service, but I love it the most because of its amazing food. I strongly recommend the "Morcilla con chutney de uchuva" and "las patatas bravas"; however, I'm completely sure that anything on the menu will overcome the expectations. I'm a foodie and love to discover restaurants and try new places, but when I'm in Bogotá I always go to TAPAS. I have been there with people from different nationalities and all of them fall in love with the place. It's a small, cozy and unpretentious restaurant where you can feel relax, enjoying the food and the friendly staff! Tapas is, definitely, a place not to be missed!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Tapas Macarena is Super! The food and service are the best! As you know, Tapas are snacks, canapés or finger food that originated in Spain, yet you leave Tapas Macarena full and happy! The place is small with four or five tables yet it is very nice and friendly and we had no problem with seating! I made a reservation, but really did not need it.. I must admit it is so good I was surprised we sat quickly! I can only guess that most people who visit here leave a great review as I am doing! I highly recommend Tapas Macarena!

Tapas Macarena es super! Como ustedes saben Tapas son bocadillos de origen de Espana y sali de Tapas Macarena lleno y feliz! El local es poco pequeno con cuatro o cinco mesas pero muy amable y no tuvimos que esperar nada para sentarnos. Yo hice una reservacion pero la verdad es que me sorprendio que no la necesite y no tuve que esperar para sentarnos. Me sorprendio que tanta gente habian comentado porque el local no es tan grande pero me imagino mucha gente le gusto tanto como a mi que comentamos de la buena experencia! Les recomiendo Tapas Macarena!

English:
Fortunately I ate at several restaurants and will share my honest opinion of these relative to others. To be fair I will consider: atmosphere, food (quality , portion, presentation and taste), service level and value. In order of best to worst: DiVino Swiss House, Restaurante 69 Oyster Bar, Tapas Macarena, Pesquera Jaramillo en calle 93, Astrid y Gaston, Andres DC Carnes de Res, Hamburgesas el Corral, Crepes and Waffles, y Harrys Bar. These restaurants are listed in order of my preference and as you can see I only listed the best and consider Tapas one of the top three!

Spanish:
Afortunadamente comi en varios restaurants y compartire my honesta opinion de esos relatives a otros. Para ser justo considerare: Atmosfera, comida (calidad, porción, presentación y gusto), nivel de servicio, y valor. En orden de mejor a peor: DiVino Swiss House, Restaurante 69 Oyster Bar, Tapas Macarena, Pesquera Jaramillo en calle 93, Astrid y Gaston, Andres DC Carnes de Res, Hamburgesas el Corral, Crepes and Waffles, y Harrys Bar. He alistado los mejores restaurantes donde comimos en order preferencial y pueden ver que considero Tapas uno de los tres mejores!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I love this restaurant!! It has few tables, so you can feel like you are at home, with friends.
Ocassionaly has music alive.
The service is personalized, and the food is unique. Ther offer a lot of different kind of beers.
The decoration is beautiful and with a lot of details. You can feel the love of his owner in all the things.
I clearly recommend this restaurant, if you want to have a really good time and dinner.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The setting is wonderfully cosy and rustic with top quality service, which you'd expect from a place with just five small tables.

My girlfriend and I had the sauteed beef (cooked to perfection) with Indonesian peanut sauce (far too salty), meatballs (delicate and succulent), fish with pesto sauce (very bland and cold). Everything was washed down by an ice cold and refreshing Club Colombia.

I've had better tapas in Spain, which is to be expected, but nevertheless the food was on the whole good. It's a great shame though that the exquisitely cooked steak was accompanied/ruined by such a salty peanut sauce.

2  Thank Joescotty