“One of the best Marriotts in the world!”

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 269 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I stayed at the Marriott Bogota in January 2010 for a week and I have booked another stay at this hotel in two weeks. This is absolutely one of the best Marriott hotels in the world. This hotel should be listed as a JW.

The hotel is extremely beautiful, with friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is very clean and is in a nice area that is quiet and safe for international business travelers and close to the airport. They have an amazing state of the art gym, spa and excellent business center that has skype.

Only a fifteen minute car ride into the main district of Bogota. Even though it is not in the middle of the city, I continue to stay here because it is such a comfortable and business friendly hotel.

I will continue to recommend this hotel to my colleagues! Great hotel!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed January 26, 2010

Being a very new hotel I really enjoyed the facilities. Everything very clean and very nice deccor.

I did expertience two very unpleasant issues:

1. Upon check in I was advised I will need to be $30 extra for each extra guest up to the 4 total. I told them it was a prepaid room with Orbitz and it was clearly reserved and prepaid for 4 guests with all room rate charges already included. They asked me for the print out and made copy of it. The made it sound like it was an Orbitz mistake and not their issue, so no apology was offered. The funny thing I suspected this was bound to happen, they are always looking for ways to make you pay additional, so it seems. Very frustrating. 30$ per additional guest is a ridicoulous revenue generating practice. Be careful with this!

2. Internet in room was extremely expensive. I went down to business center and found computers needed to be unlocked by requesting a password at check in desk. I was asked how much time I wanted, and they told me for the 30 minutes it would be like say 5 USD. I thought this is basically a rip off. Yet another very unpleasant local revenue generating practice, which does not do much for the hotel bottom line, but actually infuriates guests. DId not expect this from Marriott Bogota.
Other than this, do realize the hotel is near the airport on the business corredor of Avenida el Dorado. This is far from Bogota North disctric's night life.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I really enjoyed staying in the Marriot Hotel Bogota.
Great service, great room, great bed, everything.
Highly recomended
The only place to stay while in Bogota.
Restaurants at walking distance....
GREAT!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2010

What could one complain about from a new impressive hotel? I guess the same as one could about anything that's been up and running for a while - attention to detail. Booking the room was was a nightmare and we had to resort to telephoning the hotel from London. We had two stays that were charged at different rates, why? Details like the executive lounge canapes; they sat their for hours, they either never had Gin or tonic, one or the other was out of stock. No chairs in a great hotel room. Generally, great people but they certainly need to beef up staff training, no good having good people if they do not train them.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frmichael32
Reviewed January 3, 2010

15 minutes from the airport, so it is great if you get to Bogota late or have an early flight out. The restaurant and the spa are 1st class.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeeJ3
Reviewed December 1, 2009

A friend had some left over Marriot points, so we decided to stay at the Marriott after arriving in Bogota from Cartagena. The hotel is brand new: super clean, attentive staff, and has an excellent restaurant and a bar with both indoor and outdoor seating.

The room itself was very clean, large enough, with a flat screen, mini bar, and good climate control. The staff was very attentive--perhaps a bit too much as they wanted to make up the room first at 8am then again at 9am (we were out late the night before).

The workout room was fine -- again, very clean, but the selection of equipment wasn't extraordinary. The lap pool, jacuzzi and steam room are still under construction.

The neighborhood is definitely aimed to the business traveler -- close to the airport, and several high-end choices of accomodations. For the those going to Bogota for pleasure, it took us abt 30 to 45 mins by taxi to get to the more popular neighborhoods and anywhere from USD$4-6, respectively (Park 93 / T Zone / Zona Rosa, and the Historic Center/Candelaria). The Maloka was maybe 10 mins by foot, and the and Botanical Gardens / Parrque Simon Bolivar abt 20-30 mins by foot.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank GregorNYC
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I went to Bogota to see my friend in November. A few months earlier while I was there I stayed at the Hotel Dann Norte... and I must say I preferred the Dann Norte, mainly due to the area... more restaurants, more shopping, closer to the interesting things in Bogota.

The Marriott is new and clean and very modern.... a very nice hotel. If I was on business and did not plan on venturing out into the city very often, it would be my choice again. The food in the restaurant is fantastic... I never had Minestrone soup as good! The bar/lounge area is nice, too. The gym is OK... a collection of cardio and weights, however they never seem to have dumbbells that weigh enough, but not bad for folks who really don't do too much weight lifting. The indoor pool and jacuzzi was still under construction and was scheduled to be opened when I left.... The room was large and modern, with a safe and flat screen tv, and mini bar. It was very quiet. The staff was super....

The area in close proximity to the hotel is clean and safe, a mix of corporate and residential, however after business hours, most shops and restaurants were closed (except the McDonalds and Juan Valdez Cafe in the Marriott complex). I felt safe walking the area. ( We walked to Gran Estacion, the shopping mall one day). It is only a very short taxi ride from the airport, too.

I had nothing short of a great experience at this Marriott, and chose it because I am a rewards member and used points. However, as I mentioned earlier, on my next trip, will probably try to stay closer to la Zona Rosa....

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple