“Great hotel”

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #7 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was my first stay at a Marriott Hotel, and it will not be the last one. We had just arrived after a long flight from Mexico where we had some hassle with flights. It was very refreshing and stress-free to be greeted by the staff representatives at the airport who helped us with our bags to a waiting bus. A short time later we were checked in by some very friendly and obliging staff. Because our stay was at least 7 nights we were given a voucher as a thank-you. This voucher could be redeemed to give a free 60 minute massage, a free meal at one of the restaurants, a free tour of Bogota, or indeed a number of other perks.

The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. A pillow menu was found beside the bed which offered a number of different pillow types to choose from. I found the standard pillows to be very soft and nonsupporting so I was quite happy to be able to select one which suited me better.

The on-site restaurant was very good and offered good value for money. Similarly, the breakfast offered a varied range of items to choose from.

While the location may not be desirable for some, it suited me fine as I was traveling on business and my meetings were located nearby. Additionally, the security on-site is reassuring as patrons are required to be "wanded" with a metal detector and to have their bags checked by a sniffer dog - this can initially be a little daunting but it is a quick and pain-free process.

I am disappointed that I did not get the opportunity to try the pool / sauna / jacuzzi / steam room. You should check it out. I only saw this on my last evening as I was redeeming my free massage - very reaxing, thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed on the eight floor, which I believe is the elite members floor - very comfortable rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear James.
Thank you for choosing us as your first stay in Bogota and for let us know that it will be not the last one.
We are more than happy to read every single detail of your experience in our property. We will share your review with our staff who will be proud to have being recognized again.
We hope in your next stay you have the opportunity to enjoy our health club and all services that we have available for you.

There are newer reviews for Bogota Marriott Hotel

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fantastic and attention to detail was definitely at the forefront when the hotel was built. The staff was friendly and helpful but the drug sniffing dog and the use of a handheld metal detector each time I entered the hotel was a bit much.

I wish the hotel was more centrally located and when booking I didn't realize how far away (20 min taxi) it was to la Cadelaria or zona Rosa (nightlife and restaurants).

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eric G
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Eric G.
I appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience.
I truly value you opinion and I’m happy to hear that we gave you a great experience. The sniffing dog and the metal detector that we have is due to a local standard, however we will review our procedure to improve in this area.
Thank you for your feedback and I hope to you soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Fantastic breakfast awesome people and the customer service is unreal and will go extra mile to help,good location close to both malls easy access to freeways and close to area attractions ,only 45 minutes from cathedral in the salt mines

Room Tip: Great stopping point close to airport

Dear Pcox817
We truly appreciate your comments of our breakfast and customer service. It’s fantastic to know that our people gave the extra mile in your requirements with and unreal service.
We hope to have the opportunity of serve you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had a great experience at the Bogota Marriott. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is very convenient (less than 10 minutes from the airport, and a free shuttle!) The fresh fruit in the morning is wonderful- I highly recommend enjoying all the different fruits and juices at breakfast. The staff in the executive lounge is very friendly and helpful- they remembered my name and the type of coffee I liked at breakfast:)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jackson
We are very pleased you have had a great experience with us and that our service has been very friendly and helpful for you. We are proud of our executive lounge staff for the excellent service that they gave you as well, we will let them know the comments that you have made in this review, we are sure that they will be very happy.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hotel is well located, the building and rooms are quite modern and the The staff is great and helpful. The employees are always very nice and polite. Mr. Jonathan specially makes you feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear guest.
Thank you for choosing us during your last visit to Bogota.
We are more than happy to know that our services were of your totally satisfaction. We will share your review with Jonathan who will be proud of see that his service was recognized again.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

i am very selective when it comes to food. I enjoyed there buffet and sushi there. The rooms were very nice and they had a spotless bathroom. It was quiet in my room not like other hotels. They also have a shuttle service that was a plus. The front desk was very friendly. I will return and stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Seth B
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear guest.
Thank you for have taken the time and write your comments of your experience in our Bogota Marriott Hotel.
It is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants, specially the sushi in Tanoshii. Please remember that we are at your service and hope to see you soon.
Regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here for a week and it was very nice. For this long stay they give you a gift voucher you can exchange for several options such as massage, dinner, tours around the city, etc. Rooms are wide, clean, new and most important, the staff is super helpful and kind. 100% recommended

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Kira.
Thank you for taking the time and post your comments in our Tripadvisor page.
It's great to hear your kind words about your stay with us. We hope you have enjoyed the gift voucher that we gave you for being part of our long stay guests.
We hope to have the pleasure of serve you again.