“Best ever!”

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #7 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed March 13, 2014

No Marriott in the States is as good as this! The service is outstanding and the room very comfortable. Close to the airport and extremely quiet! The security issue on to none. The sniffing dogs and metal detectors makes you feel secure! The spa and pool are a real treat!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear guest,
What a great review. Thank you so much. We do all our efforts to host our guests the way they deserve. Our hosts understand the fact that guests need to feel like at home when they travel. It is not easy so we strive daily to accomplish that goal.
Hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Bogota Marriott Hotel

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Excellent hotel providing everything I need and expect. The staff are friendly, prompt, and attentive. As a platinum elite member I had a room on one of the executive levels and the room was well-appointed and comfortable. The executive lounge was also well-managed and provided an excellent breakfast spread and evening hot foods, as well as great service. Having stayed at other hotels in the area, I am certain I will choose only this Marriott on future trips to Bogota. The wifi/internet access is fast and consistent (not guaranteed at the other area hotels). Service was a bit slow in the sushi lounge and the live music was good, but loud, but I think it was more indicative of the culture of the area than a shortcoming of the hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms closer to the elevator and ice machines - I wear ear plugs to bed so the noise doesn...

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate that you take some of your time to let us know what we did right. I'm glad you enjoyed our service, our hotel, breakfast at the executive lounge, and overall you had a great stay. Let us know when you come back. We'll be ready to host you.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed for the first time at this hotel in January 2014 on a 4-day business trip to Bogota. My company's regular driver didn't show up to pick up me up at the airport when I arrived, but the Marriott staff curbside were helpful in getting me in their car service and over to the hotel (about 34,000 COP one-way, roughly 10 minutes driving).

The hotel's location is great for a business trip. It's a bit dead around the area at night, but there are still a few restaurants within walking distance. The area around the hotel feels quite safe. The restaurant inside the hotel is fine, but nothing to write home about for lunch or dinner. Breakfast in the Executive Lounge was quite good. The rooms are modern, bright, and immaculately clean. The bed in my room (531, as I recall) was very comfortable, but might be less so for people who prefer firmer mattresses.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad you liked the hotel, our services and product. Maybe you didn't know but all our beds are equipped with a feather matress topper which make them a little bit softer and warm. The topper can be removed at guest's request. Next time let us know in advance and we'll proceed to remove it for you. I'm sure you'll like it.
Once agan, thank you and see you soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I remember I wrote a review a few years back on the Marriott in Bogota. I thought I'd check back with you guys that, after all this time, the Bogota Marriott is still the best hotel to stay while in town. The service is excellent! From the shuttle service with Leonardo once you arrive to once you do check out with whomever is at the front desk (Stephanie, John, Sandra, Juan Carlos and of course Nicolas). They all make you feel at home and they are great company too (I usually come for business). The food is also great. I always dine at Pimento. The salad bar is superb with a great selection of veggies and the risotto is awesome. I really need more than a review to give all the details but overall, the Marriott Bogota is an excellent hotel. Would not stay anywhere else, period! Thank you guys for making me feel like home away from home.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jorge
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review (second review). It really helps us understand our guests and focus on what they need and want. I'll make sure we pass your comments on to our hosts, Leonardo, Stephanie, John, Sandra, Juan Carlos and Nicolas.
Thank you for trusting us as your home while away from home.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Bogota Marriott is a very nice hotel in a good location. The staff is excellent from the Check-in desk to everyone in the Executive lounge.

I had breakfast daily at the Executive Lounge - and it is well above average for normal lounge breakfasts. The staff is wonderful.

Stefeny at the front desk / check-in always had a smile and was very helpful. Made the business trip more warming.

The rooms are nice, well maintained. The bed was comfortable. Have nothing bad to say about the room itself.

For every trip I take to Bogota, this is where I plan to stay.

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast at the executive lounge and above all, I'm glad you were served as you deserved. We'll be waiting for you when you come back.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Typically, hotels near to the Airports in Latin America´us cities are not the best option for lodging, but this magistral hotel breaks with the paradigm. Excellent location for business purposes, a lovely urban zone of Bogota, the breakfast buffet is amazing (I recommend to drink juice of Lulo). all personal are very friendly and they are always ready to assist you.

The room was very nice and very confortable. Simply, the bed was the best, it is strange in me, but can sleep all night long (marvellous).

Thanks a lot

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing, but ask for one in highest floors. The view of the city from that rooms i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We truly appreciate it. Our main goal is to host our guests brilliantly and it feels good to know we are achieving our goal. You are right. For those who've never been in Colombia, jugo de lulo is a great option.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during Anato last month, hotel is well located, staff is very friendly and great hotel taxi service. My only observation is that the toilet seat in room 524 is smaller than the toilet, I asume that the hotel had a problem and has not been able to find the correct seat, out of this everything was OK.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review. It's good to know that you enjoyed our hotel, its location and friendly staff. I will make sure we check the toilet in room 524 and get it fixed.
Hope to see you soon when travel needs bring you back to Bogota.