“Keeps getting better! ”

Ranked #9 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
Quito, Ecuador
“Keeps getting better! ”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I remember I wrote a review a few years back on the Marriott in Bogota. I thought I'd check back with you guys that, after all this time, the Bogota Marriott is still the best hotel to stay while in town. The service is excellent! From the shuttle service with Leonardo once you arrive to once you do check out with whomever is at the front desk (Stephanie, John, Sandra, Juan Carlos and of course Nicolas). They all make you feel at home and they are great company too (I usually come for business). The food is also great. I always dine at Pimento. The salad bar is superb with a great selection of veggies and the risotto is awesome. I really need more than a review to give all the details but overall, the Marriott Bogota is an excellent hotel. Would not stay anywhere else, period! Thank you guys for making me feel like home away from home.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Jorge
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review (second review). It really helps us understand our guests and focus on what they need and want. I'll make sure we pass your comments on to our hosts, Leonardo, Stephanie, John, Sandra, Juan Carlos and Nicolas.
Thank you for trusting us as your home while away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Turkish first
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Bogota Marriott is a very nice hotel in a good location. The staff is excellent from the Check-in desk to everyone in the Executive lounge.

I had breakfast daily at the Executive Lounge - and it is well above average for normal lounge breakfasts. The staff is wonderful.

Stefeny at the front desk / check-in always had a smile and was very helpful. Made the business trip more warming.

The rooms are nice, well maintained. The bed was comfortable. Have nothing bad to say about the room itself.

For every trip I take to Bogota, this is where I plan to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast at the executive lounge and above all, I'm glad you were served as you deserved. We'll be waiting for you when you come back.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Typically, hotels near to the Airports in Latin America´us cities are not the best option for lodging, but this magistral hotel breaks with the paradigm. Excellent location for business purposes, a lovely urban zone of Bogota, the breakfast buffet is amazing (I recommend to drink juice of Lulo). all personal are very friendly and they are always ready to assist you.

The room was very nice and very confortable. Simply, the bed was the best, it is strange in me, but can sleep all night long (marvellous).

Thanks a lot

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing, but ask for one in highest floors. The view of the city from that rooms i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We truly appreciate it. Our main goal is to host our guests brilliantly and it feels good to know we are achieving our goal. You are right. For those who've never been in Colombia, jugo de lulo is a great option.
Hope to see you back soon.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during Anato last month, hotel is well located, staff is very friendly and great hotel taxi service. My only observation is that the toilet seat in room 524 is smaller than the toilet, I asume that the hotel had a problem and has not been able to find the correct seat, out of this everything was OK.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review. It's good to know that you enjoyed our hotel, its location and friendly staff. I will make sure we check the toilet in room 524 and get it fixed.
Hope to see you soon when travel needs bring you back to Bogota.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I choose to stay at Marriott Properties for several reasons, all of which positive.

Upon arrival at the Marriott Bogota, I knew my safety was not an issue. To be greeted by the sniffing dog and all guests screened by hotel attendants prior to entering property gave me a feeling that safety was of upmost importance.

All other areas such as Guest Services Representatives attended to my requests with the standards that I receive in all other properties. They arranged for a tour and offered suggestions with reference to pricing and it truly exceeded my expectations.

I only had the opportunity to spend one night at this property as I was heading off to Cartagania the following morning. This property has a airport shuttle that departs every 30 minutes. Great service.

The restaurant was a little pricey however there are plenty of other eating establishments close by for one to enjoy a meal at a more affordable price.

Next time hope to spend a little more time at this lovely property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I'm glad you feel secure at Marriott. As you mention, safty is important for us and we take all necessary measures to make our guests feel secure. I'm also glad that the tour and service provided exceeded your expectations.
We hope to see you back soon.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We booked a Studio Suite and while the room (520) itself was pleasant, the "view" was not. It looks directly across Globalnet's offices and their employees can directly look into our room if you are peering out. On our first night, we heard loud thudding noises at around 8:30pm and looked out the window to see it is an employee bouncing a basketball right next to our room. The proximity of our room window with theirs was such that we could sign language to him that we could hear his ball.

The food at the executive lounge was quite good, although the service was only good, not great. The food at the lobby restaurant, Pimiento, was bad at best. Ordered a speciality dish (the Pimiento lasagne) and it was literally just a massive bowl of cheese and unseasoned beef. My fiancé ordered a beef dish, pointed to it on the menu and everything, and the argentine steak came out instead - 3 times the price of what he actually wanted. At this point, we have waited so long for the food that he just went along with it. We also saw the guy from the table next door reject the food he was served and walked out. This restaurant is overpriced for its quality, and the staff could've been friendlier.

One day, we left the room at around 3pm and took the "privacy please" sign down. We returned at around 8:45pm to an unmade room, and at 9pm, a housekeeping staff knocked on our door asking if we wanted the room cleaned. Err...at 9pm? Odd.

Check out was the most painful check-out experience. It took over 45 minutes with unnecessary things on the bill. They also tried charging us the 16% IVA tax that foreigners are meant to be exempt from. We were obviously tourists, and when we queried the staff member about it, she said "oh, it depends on what they stamped on your passport" - huh? You go through immigration with just one type of stamp.

The check out took so long that we were late to the airport. Considering that we paid for business class seats only to be seated apart due to Marriott Bogota's painfully long check-out procedure, they have caused us a massive inconvenience.

If you stay at this hotel, be sure to allow at least 1 hour for check out.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Mrs. Janelle.

I really appreciate that you took your time to post your comments on our TripAdvisor web site. I truly apologize for the inconvenience that you could have at our Pimento restaurant and I sincerely thank you for your suggestions that help us to improve every day, we are taking the necessary measures with our Executive Chef and his staff to ensure this situation will not occur in the future. We would like to offer you a complimentary dinner during your next stay. Please contact us before your arrival and we will make sure everything is ready.

I also would like to apologize for any inconvenience regarding to the tax exemption. Our Colombian laws are very strict and all hotels must verify the entry stamp at the check out and although it is the same for all travelers, the code that the inspector at the airport writes is not the same and that code determines if the tax exemption applies or not.
Thank you again for choosing us during your last visit to Bogota and if there is anything that I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed in the studio suite which was a nice room. Overall a nice experience. Staff are very accommodating.

Skip the restaurant downstairs unless you are fine with tourist prices.

Nor is Marriott immune to the seeming compulsion of Columbian hotels to try and package insurance with your bill, charge you tax that tourists are not required to pay, and double the restaurant bill. Staff did their best but checkout was a painful process and definitely keep hold of your receipts.

Room tip: avoid room 520, it shares a wall with the business next door, and their employees play basketball on night shift.

• Stayed February 2014
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your experience and you found our staff to be accommodating. I apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused regarding taxes. As you probably know, not every tourists applies for tax exemption status. There are several requirements that tourists must meet in order to apply. Hope to see you soon when you come back to Bogota