New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 262 Hotels in Bogota
Palm City, Florida
“Have to improve !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is really nice , the rooms are lovely the spa all the facilities are perfect but the staff that work there is not nice at all , everyone is rude and when you ask for something they are not happy at all so i will like to see more customer service and that people are a little bit more friendly , yes i will stay again but the staff have to improve lot !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank s4mantha
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our facilities, rooms, spa, etc. It calls my atention to hear that our staff is not nice and I want to apologize directly with you on behalf of all of us here at Marriott Bogota. I have shared your comments with our associates and I’m sure that next time you’ll notice the difference. We are a hotel focused in Customer Service. We want all our guests to feel like if they are home while away from home so, give us one more chance to prove it to you.
Once again, thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

First let me be clear the room was fantastic and the overall hotel is clearly a five star hotel.

My disappointment and frustration came from three unique events that occurred on my one night stay. First I arrived from a long business day at 10:40pm,. I asked at check in if a restaurant was available. I was told that the restaurant was open till 11pm. I quickly checked into my room and was at the restaurant at 10:50 where the entire staff was obviously still there. I was told the restaurant was closed. I explained that i was looking for a quick, quite meal, but they denied that they were open. The even went as far as to tell me the front desk was wrong. They told me to order room service or go to the noisy bar across the way which serve sushi. QUite honestly all I wanted was a quite meal outside of my room. I ate at the noisy bar and went straight to bed. Strike one.

Upon check in, I made it clear that I had an 745am international flight and I needed to get to airport by 5:45. Was told no problem we can arrange a car for you. In the mean time they offered a wake up call, which I accepted at 5:10am. Strike 2 - no wake up call. Never had that happen before. Fortunately my own body clock went off and I rushed to shower and get out the door.

Arrived in a rush to the lobby to check out and ask for the car. They then tell me that they dont have one and that the shuttle will not leave till 6am. I let them know how frustrated the entire experience had been. Fortunately they arranged a taxi albeit later than intended.

Been to Marriots before and generally the service is outstanding. This one was a disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank kfallon123
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and the property in general, but I'm sorry you had a bad experience at our restaurant and with the wakeup call. Please know that I have taken the necessary measures to ensure this wont happen again. Our restaurant is open until 11pm meaning that if a guest arrives at 11pm to have dinner, they will still be welcomed and served.
Once again, thank you for writing. We hope to see you back soon when travel needs bring you back to Bogota.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This marriott hotel has the best service, it is the cleanest and high efficiency Marriott I've ever stayed in, definetely an example of how to treat travelers, strongly recommend it! The hotel workers seem happy to work there and it shows in their attitude and service, other hotels should visit to learn what hospitality is all about.

• 5 of 5 stars
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this great review. I truly appreciate what you wrote. We strive for guest satisfaction and comments like this one make me believe we're doing it right. Hospitality is all about caring. If I can say one thing we do at the hotel is care about our guests and, as you say, happy associates equals happy guests. I'll do everything in my hands to make sure our associates are happy to work here and they keep demonstrating it with their great attitude and impeccable service.
I hope to see you back during your next visit.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Marriott Bogota is a great hotel. The hotel is sparking clean and they have great service. The staff in general is amazing, but incredible in the Executive Lounge on the 10th floor. They have a full breakfast in the lounge, and I have never seen another hotel with as many offerings. Also, they serve snacks in the evenings that are very good.

The pool and spa are both very nice with a whirlpool and steam room that can be used by the guests. Also, the area of the hotel is great in a very safe neighborhood hear a mall. This will be the only hotel that I stay at in the future in Bogota.

Room Tip: I would stay on the 10th floor Executive Level if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful comment. 5 out of 5 tells me we are doing things right and makes me proud of our product and our service. This is what we live for. I'll make sure and pass on your comment to our staff at the Executive Lounge. They'll be happy to read it.
All of us here at the Bogota Marriott will be more than glad to serve you again during your next stay.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I got in a few nights ago. So far our stay has been great. Comfy beds, bathroom is nice, clean. They even have a pillow menu!!!!! I suggest choosing a pillow from the menu as the pillows that are in the room are lumpy (like golfballs). The breakfasts are great. They are fresh and lots of choices to choose from. Even lactose-free milk (for us that can't have).
Fresh fruit in your room.
Bath and Body Works products in the bathrooms.
Rooms are nice and quite.

The airconditioning rattles a bit and when you turn the A/C on, the room doesn't cool off (no matter how low you turn the temp). Kinda frustrating.

Lumpy pillows: problem solved with pillow service from menu in room
Rattling A/C: Oh well, I can deal
Room doesn't cool off and it's hard to get a good nights sleep: Well, I'm still having to try and adjust to this.

1 Thank taramc8
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and liked our beds and rooms in general. Great to hear that you were able to choose the pillow you liked from our pillows menu. I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the A/C when trying to cool your room. I will personally verify what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again.
I hope to see you back soon when travel plans bring you back to Bogota.
Union, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Bogota Marriott Hotel was really nice. It was very trendy and nicely decorated. The rooms were comfortable and very clean.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is awesome and very diverse!

But, be aware that when walking into the hotel property, you will be wanded by security and bomb-sniffing dogs will sniff your luggage!

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed our property and that the staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. I'm sure that our chef will be very happy to know you found our breakfast awesome and diverse. We dedicate a lot of time and energy to make this a reality. Regarding security and bomb-sniffing dogs at hotel entrance is just part of our security protocols and, rest assure that, even uncomfortable sometimes, it is all thinking about our guests.
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Great Marriott product close to the airport. This hotel offers a clean comfortable room with nice and comfortable beds and beautiful appointments. iPod dock and large television are what you would expect from this caliber of hotel. The lobbey area and the restaurant are modern and bright, boasting a wonderful breakfast buffet with many items which can be difficult to find in Columbia. The staff is warm and inviting and very good at speaking English. Transportation to and from the airport and around the local area is easy to find and secure with pre-screened drivers. The bar can be a little pricey but there are several restaurants actually attached to the same building as the Marriott. This is a solid luxury hotel for business and early morning airport departures!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank TheBurrowsFL
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review. We are very proud of our product and service and comments like "This is a solid luxury hotel..." really make our day. We dedicate much effort on personnel selection so that our guests find them warming and inviting.