“Great experience and value (using Marriott points)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bogota Marriott Hotel

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 262 Hotels in Bogota
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great experience and value (using Marriott points)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We selected this hotel because we are Marriott members and it only cost 10,000 points per night to stay in a high-end hotel. Those same points would get you the least expensive brand they own in the U.S. While the price was low, the quality was extremely high. It looks as though this hotel has been remodeled in recent years, the rooms are very comfortable and are nicely decorated. The pool and workout rooms are clean and pleasing to the eye. Hotel staff are very accommodating and helpful. We used Marriott drivers to take us to restaurants and pick us back up as they suggested for our safety. We also hired a driver for a half-day to take us into town, walk us through the Gold museum and see some other local sites. Although the location is out of the center of town, it is located in a safer area in which you can feel comfotable walking around without fear. It took us a couple of days to get used to the bomb sniffing dogs and scanning wands, but you get used to it quickly and appreciate that it is being done for your safety. There are restaurants nearby within walking distance and we even took a stroll to a nearby mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GRC_10
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I feel very happy to hear how you enjoyed our property as well as our service. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our pointsavers promotion and decided to try our hotel. The hotel has not been remodeled. We opened our doors to public 4 years ago but all of us here at Marriott treat the hotel as our home. We love to maintain it as new so that our guests can enjoy it.
Hope to see you back next time travel plans bring you to Bogota.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Arlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times and each time I discover a new amenity. The executive lounge is great. I have been to others and I felt like I was in church so quiet I was afraid to make a noise. This one had a good selection of music tv was on a good station one on sports the other news.
Staff was very welcoming!
I can not wait to return?

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate the fact that you enjoyed our executive lounge and our staff. We are very proud of our product and our service. We also hope we can see you back soon at our hotel and city.
stanv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall this is an exceptional hotel with fantastic service. Every employee goes out of their way to make the stay very comfortable. There should be no worries about security as this location is well covered by guards including a drug sniffing dog and a guard with a metal detection device used to check everyone entering the hotel.

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We are very proud of our associates and makes us very glad to hear that they made everything possible to make your stay very comfortable.
Hope to see you again in your next visit to our city.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Thought I had booked a night for $269 and wound up with a bill of $400. Between taxes and "upgrades" such as breakfast and internet, this is not for the faint of heart. This Marriott advertises itself as a luxury hotel; but, there isn't much here to justify the extreme price. Stayed in a competitor hotel two nights later for about $100 and had just as good a breakfast and free internet - all included in the price. This particular area of town doesn't have much to do, either. The competitor was in a hip section of town around many embassies and youth.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at out hotel because of the prices you paid. I hope your hotel experience and our customer service had made a difference. There are several hotels in Bogota, different offers, different prices, everything for every taste. We are very proud of our product and service and we are confident it has been priced correctly. I'm sure we can change your perspective about the hotel in a future stay so I invite you to give as a second chance to prove it.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just was in Bogota for a few days and I loved my experience at the Marriott Hotel. The customer service provided by the staff was excellent. They were professional, kind, respectful and ready to help you with your needs.

I was really impressed by the quality customer service provided by the staff at the Pimento Restaurant. They made me feel very special during breakfast and dinner time. Erica Ramirez was superb and attentive. She was kind, very professional, friendly, and respectful as well. Jennifer was gracious and helpful during my breakfast. Both of them work with passion.
Thank you!!

Room Tip: Rooms are large and very clean. And the best of all, there is a coffee maker with coffee, cream, and...
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were treated as you deserved. We strive for customer satisfaction in everything we do. Also, please rest assure that Ericka and Jennifer (from Pimento) know what you wrote about them. We are very proud of them and our entire staff.
Hope to have you back with us next time travel needs bring you back to Bogota.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A business trip took me to this Marriott, in Bogotá. Very nice accommodations, friendly service, large rooms, nicely appointed. Several very good restaurants and bars, the Tanoshii, Pimento Ristorante. Full, very good breakfast buffet with cooked to order breakfast also available. Top notch buffet for lunch, or menu order lunch. While I ate at a number of places outside the hotel, the in-hotel food held its own with the best.
The locale and neighborhood, though central...literally right in the middle...is clean, easy comfortable walking, local shopping and cab rides to all points of interest for low cost.
I´d recommend for both family and business.

Room Tip: From what I could tell, all rooms are of very good quality, none has any particular edge as far as l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel and service. We really appreciate it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel accommodations and service as well as de quality of our food in our restaurants, Tanoshii and Pimento. Also, thank you so much for recommending our hotel to others. We hope to see you back soon when you return to Bogota.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

With only a few days in Bogota, I chose a hotel that was close to the airport and near the downtown area of the city. The traffic in Bogota can be daunting and lodging near points of interest is a must.
The hotel lived up to the high standards Marriott is known for but lamentably my view was less than desirable. Half of the hotel rooms face a 12 story office building directly across from it in the same business complex while the other half face an office building across a walkway. In my case I had to keep the curtains drawn almost all the time since I could actually see the images on the computer screens in the offices outside my window.
On one hand, it was great entertainment to watch the people interact with each other in the offices while I kept my lights off in the room but it was unfortunate that I could not freely dress in the room without drawing the curtains.

Room Tip: I would ask for rooms facing the street, if there are any.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Gabriel G,

First of all, thank you so much for your valuable comments. It means a lot to us that you take the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, some of our hotel rooms have views to the buildings in the surroundings. As you may probably know, this is not easily avoidable in cities like ours; however, we do have some other rooms with beautiful views to the mountains and the cities. Let us know next time you visit and we'll do all in our hands to arrange one of those for you.

Once again, thank you.