“This is only place I stay in Bogota”

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #9 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
Houston, Texas
“This is only place I stay in Bogota”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I visit Bogota monthly and I always stay there, it is an excellent hotel, great value and service is unmatched. The reception staff will get to know you my name and will go the extra mile to make you feel at home.

Similarly the gym is great! Rene is always there giving tips for a better workout and then there is the SPA....

All I will say is ask for Jaqueline she is awesome. The SPA prices are great you can bundle the internet and spa package for a flat rate and you can get massages daily!

like I said this is the only place I stay. I have tried the JW Marriott which is 2X more expensive and in the center of town but you do not get the personalized service. The folks at the Marriott Bogota are great. kudos to Luisa Q at the reception, she will have you check in so fast and most importanly she will remember all your preferences immediately.

Room Tip: stay above the 4th floor since on sometimes there is a band on the first floor and they are fun but...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the fact that you considered us an “excellent hotel”. We do every effort to achieve unmatched service and to provide great value to our guests. We will make sure our front desk staff (especially Luisa) reads this wonderful review as well as Rene, from the gym and Jaqueline from the SPA.

Once again, thank you. We hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
London
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Most Marriotts I have found are ridiculously overpriced. This one is expensive but justifys the price. Very comfortable and nice. Great for business. Its Location was good for me on a business trip but no so sure if you are on holiday in Bogota.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Businesstravellerr8
Dear guest,

Thank you for your great comment. We are proud on how comfortable and nice our hotel is and yes, the hotel was designed with the business traveler in mind, but believe me, leisure travelers have enjoyed it just as much as business travelers. Our great product, fantastic service and convenient location have made us “the place to be” when in Bogota.

We hope to see you back next time you visit Bogota.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I usually travel a lot and this was like the second time that I stayed at a hotel in my home town. Well, I was surprised to see such hotel in Bogota. The rooms and amenities are amazing, big and brand new. The restaurants and food are marvelous. The SPA, Gym and Pool are great. There is a really nice execute floor. The only thing not that good it’s it location, it is close to the airport and far away from tourist sites. I did not like pillows, to soft but I am pretty sure you can order harder ones. Definitely, one of the best hotels to stay in Bogota if location is not a problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlie7fR
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We’ve heard that comment quite so often. A hotel like ours surprises in Bogota. Pimento Restaurant serves some of the best Pastas in Bogota and, Tanoshii Lounge serves the greatest sushi in town. Regarding our pillows, you are correct. We have a great pillow menu so if you are not comfortable with soft pillows we can easily change them for you. Make sure and let us know next time you visit so we can make the switch.
Regarding location, you are correct. We are just minutes away from the airport but we are also close to some of the tourist’s attractions like Monserrate, La Candelaria, Plaza de Bolivar and the greatest museums in Bogota.

We hope to see you soon when travel needs bring you back to Bogota.
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel from 11PM to 6AM because I had an early flight the following morning. It was very good and a convenient location for my particular case. I enjoyed the bed Their sheets were soft and I had a wonderful night sleep. It was too bad that I had to leave so early. Otherwise I would have enjoyed their other amenities.
The only thing I was disappointed with was the fact that even thoug I made a reservation for the shuttle bus to pick me up at El Dorado Airport; nobody was there waiting for me until later on when an airport employee made a call to the shuttle driver to pick me up, but I was already outside with my bags for at least half an hour without knowing what to do at this point. Their explanation at the desk was that they had been there at 9:00 PM by my flight landed at 9:10 PM approx. and also that they had been very busy that night with trips from the EL Dorado and Puente Aereo. I have to emphasize that the main reason why I picked up this hotel was due to the fact that they offered transportation from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Pilar C
Dear guest

We thank you for the time taken to write this review, and we also want to apologize that your pick up service did not perfectly worked as planned. We do every effort to fulfill guest’s transportation requirements; however, it does not always works that way since our drivers are not allowed to park near the airport to wait for guests. We will put all our efforts in improving this service so that next time you visit us you don’t have to experience such a long time waiting for the shuttle.
I hope you had a chance to try breakfast at our Pimento Restaurant.
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This Marriott hotel has many great offerings including service, courteous staff, choices of restaurants, great room amenities and very convenient to the airport.

If you are looking to feel and experience Colombia and its capital city, you will be disappointed because the area is not to walk around and for sightseeing.

The service at the restaurant can be slow but it depends on the eye of the beholder. It is a different culture. Life is to be enjoyed and food to be tasted. If you are in a rush, let the server know to speed up.

I love this hotel for in between flights and for beginning or end of a journey.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CitizenoftheAir
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are proud of our service and staff, and of course, our restaurants and amenities. Also we understand how conveniently close we are to the airport. This does not necessarily mean that we are far from a great Colombia’s experience. A 15 minutes drive can take you to some of the greatest restaurants, bars, malls and city attractions like La Candelaria, Monserrate, National Museum, Gold Museum, Plaza de Bolivar, etc.

You are right about the service at Pimento Restaurant. Being an Italian restaurant our chef and associates know the importance of a good meal, not rushed; however, they also understand if a client needs to speed it up a little and will to everything possible to make it happen.

We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If your looking at experiencing Bogota amenities do not stay at this location. Dont get me wrong, I love Marriott and this prooerty, but I keeping it real. This is a business hotel or end of trip stay for relaxation out of the busy city. Honestly, at one point I walked downstairs and completely forgot I was in a Spanish speaking country. The area is completly Americanized with asortment of restaurants you should not see in Colombia. Therefore, If your looking for convienient walkable location you may want to review JW Marriott or one of my local favorites Hotel Guadalupe.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Chadtylermark
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. Regarding the hotel’s location, it is true that we are not in the heart of the entertainment area of Bogota but we are not too far away from it. A 15 minutes drive will take you to Zona G and Zona T. The finest bars and restaurants are located in these zones.

We hope to see you again next time you come to Bogota
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel is convenient to the airport high level of services and amenities beautiful rooms very comfortable beds, 2 free waters in the room makes it a very nice touch, if arriving at el dorado will definitely stay there again out of the airport hotels is definitely the best

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank dreyes1047
Dear guest,

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review. Thank you for considering our hotel “the best”. It is true; we are conveniently located near Bogota’s International Airport El Dorado but also close to financial district and entertainment area in Bogota. We hope to see you again when travel brings you back to Bogota.