“Excellent Chocolatefest!”

Colombian Chocolate Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Colombian Chocolate Club is on hiatus while we explore the world of specialty coffee. Thank you to everyone for your support. Stay tuned for updates.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Didn't know there was so much to know about Chocolate... excellent and interesting... would recommend it to anyone... Do it!

All reviews
"insight"
"knowledge"
"history"

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

You're not a real foodie or chocolate enthusiast until you have taken a class with Suzie.

I joined her chocolate tasting class and it was the best tasting I've ever been to. She is incredibly knowledgable in the world of chocolate and as a chocolatier, Suzie has experience with the cultivation and production side of cacao. She is able to offer her insight on chocolate production in Colombia and how it compares on the global scale. The class told the complete story of chocolate (from farm to bar). She taught us how to actually taste chocolate properly. Not only did we taste a variety of different chocolates (all from different regions of Colombia), she educated us on the social and economic issues cacao farmers are facing. It really was more than a tasting, it was a transformative gastronomic experience. As a country known for its coffee and chocolate, Suzie's class is a must do in Bogota!

1  Thank L C
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Chocolate tasting is an amazing experience full of interesting facts, flavors and techniques about the cacao world; you will discover a new wave of flavors and sensations through the great chocolate tasting guided by Suzie, she is such a lovely and wise person, definitely it is a must, totally recommended!

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Having been a chocolate lover all my life, I had no idea I knew so little about it! That was, of course, until I had the privilege of attending this tasting.

Suzie really took us on a journey through the world of chocolate from farm to table. It was refreshing and quite enlightening to see such passion in a chocolatier, and how she transmitted all that to us. Learning from her about the history, production, and tasting of chocolate really made me appreciate it in a whole new way. I fell back in love with chocolate stronger than ever!

1  Thank Alejandra R
See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2017

I had a wonderful experience attending the chocolate tasting class. Suzie is very knowledgeable and passionate about what she does and it shines through in her work. Living in a Colombia obsessed with coffee, for someone like me who's not a coffee drinker it was really refreshing to learn about a different Colombian product. I walked away with loads of new information. I also loved the selection of chocolates that Suzie chose for the class - it was a very nice variety that allowed non-professionals to appreciate the difference in flavors. I walked away very happy and very full :-) I highly recommend the course for both locals and travelers!