“Very good, could be better”
Review of Cafe Renault

Cafe Renault
Ranked #313 of 3,247 Restaurants in Bogota
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chapinero
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Based on much of what I had heard, I chose this restaurant for a late lunch with friends. Great location, near all the nice trendy cafes, clubs and restaurants on Parque 93.
Judging by its full capacity and the time we had to wait for a table, it is obvious that this is a popular restaurant. We had to wait approximately 20 minutes to be seated, but it was all worth it. Very friendly servers, although a bit rushed due to how full it was.
We didn't have a lot of time to stay for a long lunch, and the waiter was excellent rushing our order. The food was fantastic. I loved the Carpaccio de Mero or Grouper carpaccio. Era delicious and loved the sauce it came with. Although the food was fresh, well presented and great tasting, the portions were too small for my taste. It's no cheap restaurant, so paying big money for small portions is not how a restaurant impresses me. They have a wood oven pizza oven, so my friend ordered a personal size pizza that was a bit small for one person, but tasty nonetheless. Nice wine list, we enjoyed their house Malbec by the glass, and the soups were fantastic.
Like I said, good service but rushed, great food, nice ambiance. We will return when it's less crowded.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Came here last year and was surprised of how good the food was . Came here again and was not disappointed by how good the sushi was . Haven't tried the other food on the menu because I came here strictly for the sushi . The ambience is real nice and the waiter was very attentive. I don't know though if they speak English so possibly bring a Spanish speaker .

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Food is excellent ,Sushi, italian Cusine.
service perfect,the price is very affordable.

you will go again and again.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Great service and excellent varied menu for gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, low fat, low slat, etc, but the food was rather bland.

1  Thank terelin12
Reviewed February 21, 2017

This restaurant has a great location, and it's mainly good for people watching, and to be seen; having said that the food is never disappointing except for the pouring of drinks; I never understood why restaurants of this category are so stingy with their drinks, and they are not cheap quite the opposite. The service is always very good.