This review is long dew but it would be a sin not to thank such wonderful hospitality. LIke many others visiting Bogota, i was skeptical about hotels and since I was not looking for hostel type accommodation or expensive hotels in Parque 93 area, i chose Casa Paulina based on tripadvisor reviews. I stayed there for almost 1.5 months !! And was offered great care and made to feel at home, even though I did not pay all the money upfront and barely spoke Spanish.
Some key merits -
1. Airport pickup - Dorris arragend for airport pick up beforehand via email and even though because of a small misunderstanding I took a taxi on my own to the hotel. She did not penalize me or ask for money for sending the other cab to pick me up,
2. Cleanliness - Every day the hotel maids would politely come and knock the door and even put up with my schedule ( i would be on calls for business etc) and they would come later to work . They did a spotless job and NEVER expected any tips etc., though i ended tip them at the end of my stay.
3. Helper guy - I wish i could recall his name , he comes to work on bicycle and does all house keeping errands. This cheerful guy was so helpful that he went out of his way to help me get a gym membership at a gym next door (he helped me translate). believe me no 5 star hotel has such staff. Again no expectation of reward, sheer goodwill.
4. Dorris and Paulina - They would go great length, even use google translate service to understand what I was asking for -- whether it was salsa class, the number of days i was saying etc..anything.
5. Laundry service - they would be willing to wash my clothes in the hotel laundry at short notice. again very handy
6. Taxi - Every time I stepped out to catch a taxi, the hotel staff would take down the taxi number, as a precaution in case am missing or kidnapped. Who does that these days ? Once i was way too late to come back to the hotel, the next day Dorris got worried and like a guardian she asked me if I was ok and everything is fine.
All in all, wonderful hospitality and personal care, affordable and clean. Given all this I kept extending my stay by a week 5 times !! So what if the rooms are small, the walls a little thin or there is no cafeteria in the hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Casa Paulina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.