“dont count on spending any time there”
Review of Hotel Casa Paulina

Hotel Casa Paulina
Ranked #141 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed March 13, 2012

When we came there and asked about a room at the back the lady at the reception immediately told us we would be better of at another place nearby much more quiet, and much more quiet it was, it was also much further from the center of chapinero then casa paulina, it was casa sarita.

So after reading all the good reviews about the people working at the casa paulina, we really had a bad experience and would not anyone recommend booking a room there. The casa also looked a little bit old and the neighboorhoud isnt that good either.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Spinniecur
There are newer reviews for Hotel Casa Paulina

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I've liked to get there considering the really interesting reviews found here, so I've required transportation from the airport to the hotel but it never arrived. Beign at midnight on the Bogota airport not having a place to rest so you have to start working the next day isn't so nice.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank groncios
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I´ve read so many a comment on this site about Casa Paulina, than I decided to try.
The night for about US$ 30,00 and the transmilenium nearby, besides being in the midterm
between La Candelaria and the Northern Zone, were decisive to my choice.

The Chapinero neighbourhood isn´t properly beautiful, at least that part. It´s actually ugly and dirty, but one has the advantage of all shopping and other services facilities in the area. Just outside the building, you find a internet café, crossing the street, there´s some bakeries and a supermarket. 2 or 3 blocks above, you can take the transmilenium. Believe me, you may need to use it whenever caught in rush hour. I myself had to stand for 2h to drive only 2km while coming back from Zipaquirá and already in one the Chicó mais avenues at 7pm.

Aside from the ugliness of Chapinero, the hotel is worthy because of its price, cleanliness and good service. Stuff is always ready to help you and in a natural, nice way. I had asked to change the room and they did as soon as they could and carefully with my things.
I thank especially Doris and Rosa, who were always fit to help me finding my way through the city. That´s the bast in the hotel: its people. They will make you feel at home.
The best cost/benefit ever.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank apushkin484
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My fiancé and 1 stayed for a week's time at Casa Paulina and found the staff very helpful. They are so welcoming and show concern for any requests you may have. They went over and above what we'd call excellent service by offering to accompany us to the bank when we had issues, or walking us to restaurants if close by and they even offered us a ride over calling a taxi when we were going out to dinner! They have 24 surveillance - a locked fence and front door. We always felt safe. We loved the location: right by the bus station - the streets around the neighbourhood are more lively than those of the Candeleria after 6pm! Supermarket and many coffee shops around the corner. Just in between the restaurant zones of the Northern part of town and the historic district of la Candelaria, a 5 min cab ride to the Simon Bolivar park for running or walking. Rooms are very clean. Loved it. Would come back if in Bogota again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask to have a room that faces the back of the building. The traffic ends...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I booked in for two days and ended up staying the week. Even though the staff did not speak English they were very accommodating. And the room where spotless. Try for one on the back side off the street. Would recommend. greg

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Small room but clean and reasonably priced for Bogota. Scarcity of electric outlets and none in the bathroom. Bed was comfortable but sheets about 140 thread count. When the first person on your floor gets up, you get up as the place has no noise insulation. The staff was very accommodating and deserve an A+. Not a 4 or 5 star but certainly not priced like one either. Not in a bad location but not where you would want to venture out on foot at night. Convenient to Transmilenio.

Room Tip: a room away from the front where there would be street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank rwr1226
Reviewed November 28, 2011

this small hotel goes beyond the call of duty. the staff is incredibly attentive to the guests. when a gift arrived for me from servientrega Doris the manager went with me and go it. it would have been a nightmare without her. the rooms are immaculate and floors buffed daily. it is literally a united nations of guest from all over south america and the usa. I saw people checking out of other hotels to stay here. I have stayed here a few times, but the service was so wonderful I am compelled to share.

Room Tip: corners and back are best
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends