Tripadvisor

Review of The English Pub

The English Pub
Ranked #39 of 625 Restaurants in La Paz
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Proper English food in a proper English pub... We are open from 8.30Am for a fry up until 2am every day, With all day breakfasts, lunch, dinner, snacks, cold beer, cocktails, free shots, happy hours, live sports, music, games and a great friendly atmosphere what more could you need for your home away from home? Like us on facebook for upcoming events and special offers :-)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I think it's one of the best places to visit in Bolivia and for chilling out for sure the best, high recommendation around La Paz.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (428)

Reviewed January 16, 2020

A break from the hectic markets was needed. A quick pitstop at 'The English Pub' for some snacks & drinks didn't disappoint.

The services was amazing! Marcelo made sure all our needs were meet, a real super star!

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Probably the equal-closest thing to a pub in La Paz. It looked and felt a bit like a pub. The food was quite good, English pub style and the service was also good, although it wasn't a busy night when I went. But the waiters were friendly. I had bangers and mash with onion gravy, which was pretty good. My dining partner had Cottage Pie, also very good. There is a good selection of beer, but it could be colder. The wine selection was ordinary. Music was excellent, but it was noisy, even though it wasn't full. Must be showing my age. Good location for backpackers and other tourists in the central part of La Paz, just 2 blocks off El Prado and very close to the witch's market. The dishes were Bs60, or about US$8, so good value. There are some Bolivian dishes on the menu but mostly English-style dishes. A good range of cocktails.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

This place made me feel I was again in Europe, at home, something nice when you are out for a while. Good prices, amazing plates, nice drinks and wonderful environment.
Thank you Andres for your hospitality and treating.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Is a very good place for a beer and food while you are watching a football game! We came here with friends during our stay in La Paz and we ate very good panini's, nachos with guacamole and we had a good beer! I can highly recommend the place and waiter Andres :)