“Must do in La Paz”

La Paz City Walking Tour Including Historical Streets
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our city tour brings this complex, busy, and incredibly interesting city to life! A visit to La Paz is hardly complete without walking her narrow alleys, meeting her people, and getting to know the past that makes her what she now is. Join us everyday at 11 AM OR 2 PM in Plaza San Pedro to get to know a fascinating city we love, and can't wait to show you!
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I did this tour today and it was great. The guides (both who spoke excellent English and Spanish) were very knowledgable about not only the history and the stuff you would expect to learn about, but also some of the stuff you want to find out but can´t in guide books (recommendations, tricks of the trade, local culture and so on). Completely free trip (altough you can tip at the end) and lasts about 2.5 hours and you normally meet a load of other interesting people-travellers.

Was actually my first walking tour of any city and really enjoyed it. Thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to get a good grounding of La Paz and to learn more about some of the interesting buildings, historic events and places to see.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Great tour with history and comedy in perfect English. A must do in La Paz. Recommend to a travellers

1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was referred to do this tour from another traveler I met in La Paz. He just raved about the interesting and quirky facts and said I absolutely had to do it, and I'm so glad I did! The tour guides were knowledgeable, funny, and friendly. The tour itself was a good mix of culture, politics, history, and fun facts. I liked that we were able to see different parts of the city, including a stop in one of the markets for a bite to eat. The pace was relaxed and the guides would stop and explain things as we went instead of walking and talking, which was helpful since we were quite a large group (~30 people). The fact that it is a "free tour" is pretty amazing - it operates on tips only, which makes it attractive to budget travelers but by the end, you definitely want to tip well because the guides were just awesome.

1  Thank Lauren H
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

These guys go above and beyond to give you a great, English speaking tour of La Paz's markets, points of interest and history. They are funny and extremely knowledgeable. One of the best walking tours I've done anywhere!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We've been to other great walking tours around the world, but this was specially necessary. La Paz is hard to crack down. My first impression was 'What an ugly city! This is the price I have to pay to get to Uyuni Salt Lake', but Danny (Daniela) gave me a whole different view. She was so knowledgable and witty, and talked more about the underground history than 'regular' stuff.
In brief, if you're there, don't leave without it.