“Great value and taste”

Rendezvous Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 488 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small, intimate restaurant with seasonal varied menu.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a more expensive restaurant in La Paz, which in the western world means little, but in Bolivia means prizes in between 30-90 bs.
I had a goat cheese salad and was positively surprised by the size and taste. All though the cheese wasn't the best I've had in my life so far.
The meat dishes are brilliant and most of all, the kitchen is very quick!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went with about 10 friends to celebrate a birthday, we all tried each other's food during dinner and everything was outstandingly delicious. The tasting platters at the start were HUGE and it's making my mouth water just remembering them!
We had a wonderful time, an incredible meal and our friend was even given a little cake free of charge for his birthday.
I wish I could go back!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

You can stop looking now. Stay here. Eat here too. You will LOVE it. End of story.

The restaurant - didn't I mention that? Rendezvous is actually a restaurant with about 10 B&B rooms above. And it's not just any restaurant. Rates in the top 15 on Trip Advisor, but I'm informed by locals that it's one of about four restaurants that are actually worth eating at. This place is fantastic!! Brilliant food - meats, salads, pastas, desserts - it's all there. Duck Leg confit was a favourite of mine. The braised lamb leg is awesome too. The Steaks are brilliant too. Serving sizes are huge, and the prices are astoundingly low. Coming from Australia I'm used to spending about $100 per person on a top-quality 2-3 course meal with wine. We ate like kings at Rendezvous and didn't spend more than $25 per person at any time - we ate there at least 5-6 times for both lunch and dinner.

Do yourself a favour, and stay here. Prices are astoundingly low for the quality and service you get, and the restaurant is a gem. You'll understand when you see how full the dining room is for both lunch and dinner - you'll need to book.

1  Thank MattJJ_75
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went the other day for lunch and although the menu is quite large we all ended up ordering some type of Ravioli. I thought the flavor of the Ravioli and the sauce was excellent, the portion size was adequate for lunch, and the ambiance was quite nice. You should expect to pay around $10 for your plate which is a little above average for La Paz but it is well worth it. I will definitely return to this restaurant.

1  Thank ranger0793
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had dinner at Rendezvous for the 1st time recently. Our high-spirited, multi-lingual food server, Maya, made sure our experience was exceptional. The inviting interior design, attractive presentation, healthy portions, delicious flavor combinations and the fact that everything came to the table hot made for an outstanding meal. Don't miss this place! I'll be rendezvousing with my freinds here in future.