Stannum Boutique Hotel & Spa
$83
$123
$94
  • Breakfast included
Camino Real Suites(La Paz)
$147
$138
$68
$117
All reviewsmovie theatercinema complexoffice buildingmodern designrain showera mountain view roomdedicated elevatorsmall mallhigh risetower blockwelcome drinkbreakfast boxcorner roomtwo floorsviews of la pazupon checkbeautiful hotel
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The people that work here are VERY nice but they are not part of the industry. There are so many individual graduating from Hotel Management why hire someone that is not
We were ten people and went up for the drinks and experience. They got a ZERO in preparing a simple drink and they took for ever!
Also some of the basic essentials of a bar were not there. Not even good quality ice.

They need to hire someone that knows what they are doing. The rest is very nice.

Room Tip: No spa and no pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gabstercrbol, Owner at Stannum Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am very sad to hear that your experience at Stannum was not what you expected.

Through these reviews both excellent and not is that we grow so I would like to thank you for taking your time to write it.

Additionally I invite you to email me if you have any suggestions or wish to comment on anything else of your experience.

gn@stannumhotels.com

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My stay in the Stannum Hotel a few weeks ago was nothing short of delightful. The breathtaking city views from the luxurious rooms alone were worth the stay. Through my profession, I have stayed at many hotels in South America over the years, and I can honestly say that the Stannum was one of the best / most cost efficient hotels I have had the privilege of staying in throughout the region. Any business travel will find all the necessary amenities at this elegant and modern hotel. The staff and services were helpful and accommodating during all moments of my visit. Ingrid, the hotel's charming receptionist, was consistently helpful with all of my business requests and knowledgeable about the city with insights into local activities and attractions. She was the best!

1  Thank Jake M

Thank you so much for your review and for your praise of our service and people! I will share these with the team!

We would love to have your business if you ever return to La Paz.

Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you ever have a special request or any comment/suggestion.

I can be reached at gn@stannumhotels.com

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Really nice, new hotel with all the amenities and centrally located. However, I booked a reservation online using the hotel's website, and they would not honor it, despite several attempts to speak with a manager and showing them my email confirmation. The staff claims their online booking from their website is invalid. My only other complaint is that there is not a dedicated elevator that serves the 12th floor, so waits can be quite long at time to get in and out.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vivalarevolucion09

I want to thank you for your review and apologize for the inconvenience you went through with the online booking system.

Allthough the online booking system is a problem we are working on and will have fixed. I want to ask if you don´t mind emailing me the details of what occurred. I understand this will not help you at this moment but it will help us tremendously to improve how the issue was handled.

If you have a moment please email me at gn@stannumhotels.com

Thank you!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Stannum for 9 nights while working in La Paz and I can't say enough about the hotel itself, the staff, the food, the location and the service - really wonderful. A 9 day stay is long, so you like to be very comfortable with everything at your fingertips.

As you can see in the pictures, it is uber-moderne, with tasteful, chic decoration - located on the 12th floor (which is unusual) of an office tower above a small mall and cinema complex in Sopocachi district. I had a corner room, so there was floor-to-ceiling glass on two sides with stunning views of El Alto and the mountains - I spent a fair bit of time staring out the window!

The room itself was modern and well-appointed with good use of space. The king bed was very comfortable with cozy, crisp bedding and comfy pillows (one of my hotel beefs). I had a full closet with drawers, a safe, nice lighting, and a modern bathroom with beautiful fixtures and a great showerhead. There is a wall that separates the bed-room and the work area, which was novel. The desk was large and comfortable with a good internet connection.

The morning's breakfast (included in the price, which I got for $113. on Expedia) was delicious - fresh juices, fruit, wonderful pastries, yogurt, cereals, cold cuts and cheese, and they will make you an omelet or scrambled eggs (which they threw fresh basil in for me). I also dined there a couple of nights - menu is inventive and the food very good.

The staff (hopefully the owner will create a great working atmosphere for them so they stay!) were extremely helpful - they greet you always with a smile and a hello when you come and go, and were extremely accommodating. On a morning when I had to leave before breakfast started (7 am), they made sure I had coffee, juice, fruit and a pastry to go.

There is some street noise during the day, but hey - you're in La Paz in a busy district. At night - it was silent. Sopocachi is a more central area than Zona Sur, and there are a number of international offices and embassies around the area.

I will definitely stay here again, and highly recommend the Stannum.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have stunning views.
2  Thank bolicanuck

Thank you so much for your detailed review. I want to start by pointing our that I am very happy that the experience included the team greeting and making you stay at home. As you mention about a great atmosphere at work... We truly hope that we are able to grow to reflect that not only are we interested in having our clients have a great experience but know that it is only possible if we have a strong team!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the cuisine.

I am glad to hear everything went well and I will be sharing your comments with the team.

I want to thank you for choosing us as your Hotel of choice in La Paz. and please don´t hesitate to email me if you ever need something specially arranged or if you have any additional comments or suggestions.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

very friendly and helpful (even charming) staff at the reception, very chic and stylish interior design, very comfortable, excellent bar, superb views of the city panorama. we had a great stay here.
great location, close to restaurants and shopping areas.
i would surely stay there again.

Room Tip: la paz is a noisy city. even at floor 12, there were 2-3 car alarms that annoyed us a lot at night. you can't avoid it very much, but maybe you can get some soundproof ear buds or something :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank frankkkko

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and especially many thanks for choosing us on your February Trip to La Paz.

We are delighted to hear that you would stay again with us and we look forward to seeing you or someone you recommend our hotel to.

Many thanks and please don´t hesitate to get in touch with me at gn@stannumhotels.com if you ever have any questions, comments, or suggestions.