“Elevator up, rope down”

Ranked #2 of 119 things to do in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Huge adrenaline rush, un hurried and through prepping, safety focus, a leap of faith, unforgettable.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I did this after being egged on by my 10 year old daughter (who, incidentally, was too young to do it!). The training was adequate, though the guide only gave the demonstration in spanish (as the majority of people in our group were spanish), but english training is given if you are in an english group.
The staff were reassuring and i felt confident that the kit was all in good order.
The abseil itself was harder than i thought it would be. My trainers kept slipping on the gloss painted wall of the hotel and I kept sliding, not seiling, much to my daughters amusement. With the encouragment of staff, I made it to the bottom (and did the 15m 'freefall'). It was worth going up to urban rush just to check out the views over la paz. Great experience, proud achievement, but never again!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Climbing/walking down a 17 story building in the middle of downtown La Paz! This was a great experience and the staff is very professional. Choose your favorite superhero costume and have a blast! They even share all your pictures for free.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Okay, throwing myself from a high building isn't something I do all the time, so when the opportunity came up I couldn't resist! This probably the scariest thing I've ever done but it was soo worth it! Just close your eyes and jump!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I first went to Urban Rush with my family when they were visiting me in La Paz, and only my brother did it because I wasn't feeling well that day. He had a great experience and the staff was so helpful and made him feel at ease. I came back a week later with a couple friends and decided to try it, and I felt the same way even with different workers there. All of the staff is there to help you and make you feel safe and confident. They let me practice on the practice wall twice since I didn't feel confident the first time I practiced. I freaked out when I got up on the edge of the building, but the girl made me feel secure and encouraged me. The freefall was awesome!! I want to go back and do it again.