“So scary but very helpful crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Urban Rush Bolivia

Ranked #3 of 111 things to do in La Paz
Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“So scary but very helpful crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Jumping out of the window was more about overcoming fears than having fun. The trainer and belayers (sp?) were so helpful and encouraging and they wouldn't let you give up (unless you really wanted to do it, in which case they were understanding).

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tina-in-Maryland
Bgoood, Owner at Urban Rush Bolivia, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thanks so much for the review! Glad you loved it and mustered up the courage! Have a safe trip!

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Don't even think about it, just do it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was so extremely nervous of doing this when my boyfriend said we were visiting Urban Rush with his brother and friend, but my experience couldn't have gone better!
As soon as we walked in, the girl at the desk was very friendly and told us what we needed to know about the descent and gave us 5 minutes to collect ourselves and then gear up.
We then chose our suit of choice (Spiderman, Santa, Batman & Superman) and took the token "look I'm in a superhero costume" photos. More staff appeared and put us in our harnesses, helmets and gloves and we were ready for the demonstration, practice run and more silly photos.
The practice run is great because you can see how to gradually drop yourself vertically against the wall and a metre drop is a lot less confronting than the real 50 metre drop! They explain everything very clearly and even tell you what to do if you happen to lose your balance/footing (although it's a lot harder to pull yourself together when you're on the actual outside of the building).
I went down with my back first because I was a scaredy cat but the other three went down face first. I don't know what is scarier when you first drop yourself down out of the building.. being able to see or not.. but that's for you to decide and there is no judgement!
Also, don't forget to look around whilst you're going down. I didn't get to take it in as much as I wanted to because I was so concentrated on getting myself down safely. Take a few moments to take it all in.
You can pay 150 bolivianos for one run down or you can get discount prices for doing several runs.
If you do this, just do the free fall! Don't stress about it! You are completely safe in the hands of the guides and if you love that roller-coaster feeling, it just tops the whole experience off!
Truly an amazing experience!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tehmani J
Bgoood, Owner at Urban Rush Bolivia, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! Though we're not Nike, we agree, Just Do It! Come back soon to try face first, we think you'll love it!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“When in La Paz....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We first heard at Urban Rush through a friend and from the second we heard about it, we had to try it. Arriving at level 17 of Hotel Presidente, we were greeted by young, calm and cool employees and we instantly knew we were in safe hands.
After suiting up in the appropriate gear we received a brief, but thorough, demonstration on how to scale down the building before being given a practice go on a small wall inside the building.
Stepping out onto the ledge before beginning the decent was definitely the most bizarre feeling of the whole experience. You are literally looking down at La Paz and all the tiny ants (humans).
When you get to level 6 you are given the chance to free-fall as the guide below takes control of the harness....I definitely recommend the free-fall, it's a feeling like no other!
Urban Rush is the most fun we have had in La Paz..my only negative is that it's all over too soon.

Visited April 2013
Toronto
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“the idea is great but needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

When i heard of urban rush i was stoked to do it. and i am very glad i did it. i definitely felt safe the whole time but the workers were not great. after a decent training i was stepping outside of the building and my feet didnt know what to do and i started asking and the guides did not speak to me at all. a girl who had never done it started calming me down. as i was half way down the guides started saying "okay ready for your free fall?" even though i had made it very clear at the beginning that i did not want to do the free fall.

it is an incredible experience and one that i do not regret and do tell everyone visitng la paz to do it. but it is a new company and need to work on their service.

Visited March 2013
Bgoood, Owner at Urban Rush Bolivia, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hey, love the tripadvisor name! We are really glad you enjoyed your drop with us! We normally get the opposite response from our customers who say the guides are great. But we are continually polishing out the edges and are having all our guides go over our manual, procedures and speeches again. Sorry about the issue, if you're back in town again sometime, come by and let us prove to you we can give you a 5 star experience! All the best in the rest of your travels.
Aberdeen
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Just do it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Wow, what a feeling hanging out a building 50m up in the centre of La Paz. I have to admit I was scared and my fiancé was more keen than I was. It even started to rain and I smugly though, haha, they'll have to stop in the rain - they didn't. In the end though I'm so glad I did it. I would do it again in a second. The guys are extreme professionals. It's a short instruction session but all that is needed. It's a bargain too. Definiately go face first. Just do it, we loved it.

Visited March 2013