“Ultimate Jungle Tour”

and up
Private Bolivian Andean Adventure Day Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Banjo Tours is a 100% Bolivian tour operator offering trips to unique and undiscovered places. Meet locals, travel away from the crowds, discover the REAL Bolivia with us in Uyuni, Sajama, La Paz, the Amazon, Lake Titicaca and the Altiplano.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My partner and I did the ultimate jungle tour in March and couldn't have been happier we decided to go with Banjo Tours. Not ony was the tour itself amazing but the guides, Ben and Chelo were awesome and completely looked after us the entire time. There was plenty of food, accomodation was great and looking back I would have gladly paid more to do this tour. From the exciting start, biking the death road, to kayaking, rafting, camping and ending with swimming with amazon river dolphins, this was a priceless experience. I couldn't recommend the tour more!

2  Thank Kirimaeeagle
"private tour"
"felt safe"
"cable car"

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I found the city tour organised by Banjo Tours really interesting. They indeed take you off the beaten track while giving you all the info about the history, the legends and some other curiosity about La Paz. I found the staff very knowledgeable and professional. Their English is superb (it is quite unusual to find tours agents in Bolivia speaking English). My big thumbs up to the staff and the whole organisation

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Ben was my guide for the morning. He has grown up in La Paz and gives great insight into the daily life of people living in La Paz. I got to try salteñas, visit El Alto, ride on different modes of public transport and learn about the different neighbourhoods. A great morning.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I did the one day tour around La Paz and it was fantastic! I am traveling alone and they had no problem scheduling a private tour for me at no extra cost. The guide was knowledgeable and friendly and spoke great English. Much more of an authentic view of the city than a generic tour, without intruding on any locals. The only thing was the price was a bit high compared to other tours I've done in Bolivia...but who could complain for a private guide!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had a couple of days to kill in La Paz and wanted to see all the highlights the city had to offer. After walking around by myself for a couple hours, it was clear that I needed a guide. I tried the free walking tour and after shuffling through the city with a giant group backpackers, I wanted a better experience. I'm so glad I found it with Banjo Tours after reading all the rave reviews. (If you are debating btw the free tour and Banjo like I was....Trust me, the little extra cost is well worth it!!! Go with Banjo)

Ben was quick to return emails and my guide Sergio showed up right on time. I had a private tour at an extremely reasonable price. Sergio was WONDERFUL. As others have mentioned, it was a complete local experience. We tried the exotic fruits and local snacks, saw all the highlights and some local spots that I knew I wouldn't have had the chance to see otherwise. Sergio went above and beyond to help me. It truly felt like I was seeing the city with a friend.

If you are in La Paz, you MUST do this tour with Sergio! Thank you Sergio for a great day!

1  Thank Stormcreator